$2 NL HE 6-max: He/she 5bet me with J4s(?!)...

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
Can someone please explain what these people are doing…

After that, I just went berserk!

This looks like a play money...

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Can someone please explain what these people are doing…

After that, I just went berserk!

View attachment 340537
This looks like a play money...
First of all we shouldn’t be calling 4-bets/5-bets with KQo or KQs, most of times we are dominated by AK minimum.
Second of all this isn’t strange because players do strange mistakes in those lower levels. It can be for a lot of reasons, tilt, lack of theory, madness, you name it.
The other day I was playing Zoom and villain 5-bets jam deep stacked with T3o... lucky for it I had AA and it held it. But there was another spot where I had AA and villain shoved having 52s and ended up hitting two pair...
Don’t worry about it, move on. Don’t forget to make notes on these players. 😃

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
First of all we shouldn’t be calling 4-bets/5-bets with KQo or KQs, most of times we are dominated by AK minimum.
So, Henrique, to understand that it is my fault... as always... :D

A

Ace of Spad3s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
I don't know what villain was doing here. But I also don't know what you are doing here?

Unless you had a read on this specific villain, I don't understand 4-bet and also calling the 5-bet with KQo. Sure you had a better hand in the end and villain got lucky. But usually, with 5-bets going on, KQo is dominated or way behind from the start.

But if you have seen villain do this a few times before, I get the 4-bet/call the 5-bet here. Just bad variance after the flop..

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before you think about your opponent you have to think about yourself. Do I really look like too weak a range to this V's eyes to motivate me to call 5-bet? I would have no problem folding here many times, unless I see myself as a fish for the table.
Ok they are very strange sizes of the villain and you think you are facing a random player. In that case jamming is more profitable, since you are now above many marginal combinations. So you should consider the possibility of your opponent folding when you thinking of very wide ranges.
Greetings.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
A min 3-bet is sometimes pocket aces. But it can also be a recreational player goofing around with random nonsense, or maybe they simply mis-clicked. So overall I am ok attacking this quite a bit with 4-bets, but KQo is a bit to thin, because you are behind to even rag aces. I would much rather do this with a hand like AJ, which dominate more of his range, and also block pocket aces. When you get 5-bet, its a very weird spot, and I think, you have to either jam or fold. Maybe he does in fact have pocket aces, and then even flopping a pair wont help you, so you should just ignore the pot odds and fold. Or he has enough nonsense like this, and then you just get it in. But to stack off KQo preflop for 100BB we typically need some sort of read, that this player is a total maniac.

Flop
As played I dont see, how you can fold top pair, when you already put in 1/3 of your stack. But this points back to the fact, that if he did in fact have AA, as he is trying to tell you, then you would also be a dog and need to get lucky to win the pot. So all in all I understand, that its annoying, when someone is totally out on line, and then they get lucky and cooler you on the flop. But you have to look at your own actions, and this situation is easily avoided by just calling his 3-bet. Then you would still have gotten coolered and lost some chips, but not your whole stack.

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
Don’t worry dogg sometimes fish also win the pot it’s just the nature of the game.
You are a good player so in a long run you will win good sum of money!
Best of luck in your upcoming games❤️

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
A min 3-bet
This move provoked me to play this hand like this (оtherwise it is easy to fold); that limit hold'em minimum bet reeked of a bad joke; I don't trust such bets unless I have a history with the player making them.

A colleague above says it is a whale; I'll have it in mind!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This move provoked me to play this hand like this (оtherwise it is easy to fold); that limit hold'em minimum bet reeked of a bad joke; I don't trust such bets unless I have a history with the player making them.
Of course you are not folding any hand, when you only have to put in 6c more to potentially win a pot of 29c. But you can just call and see a flop, especially when you have position. Your hand is not strong enough to 4-bet for value, and we dont win in poker by trying to bluff a maniac.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There is enough at NL2 zoom such a maniacs, I've meet them myself too.. So.. The best way out is to choose your hand carefully when the preflop situation goes beyond 3 bet

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That lady beat Adelstein on HCL with J4 too lol.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
so why not just call... in position?
What does your 4Bet accomplish and then when Villain 5Bets... what are we hoping for?

Honestly I'm not sure who played it worse :(

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That lady beat Adelstein on HCL with J4 too lol.
And in all seriousness that could be an explanation for this hand. For some J4 might be the new 72 due to the Robby vs. Garrett situation. The terrible hand, they play just for LOLs and to tilt their opponents :)