No Limit
Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
PFR
Currency
Hey guys, curious about how would you play this hand:
(UTG and Hero with about 130BBs, SB with 240) UTG raises to 2BBs, action folds to Hero on the button with Aces(AhAd), raises to 6 BBs (this might have been my first mistake, I guess I raised low), SB calls and UTG calls. We are 3 going to the flop.
Flop comes 5s 6h 8c, both players check, Hero bets around half pot, both call.
Turn comes Qh, both players check, Hero bets around half pot again, SB shoves all-in with a check-raise, UTG folds.
Hero tanks and ends up folding.

So, since this is Zoom 2NL and players are by nature more tight, I'm guessing he had either pocket queens or 8s (due to him calling the pre-flop bet), but there's also the possibility of a flush or straight draw, though I doubt he would have called the previous bets with 9-10.
It might be the Aces that makes me think this was a really bad fold, but I'd like to hear your opinion, what do you guys think?
Thank you for your feedback!

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey guys, curious about how would you play this hand:
(UTG and Hero with about 130BBs, SB with 240) UTG raises to 2BBs, action folds to Hero on the button with Aces(AhAd), raises to 6 BBs (this might have been my first mistake, I guess I raised low), SB calls and UTG calls. We are 3 going to the flop.
Flop comes 5s 6h 8c, both players check, Hero bets around half pot, both call.
Turn comes Qh, both players check, Hero bets around half pot again, SB shoves all-in with a check-raise, UTG folds.
Hero tanks and ends up folding.

So, since this is Zoom 2NL and players are by nature more tight, I'm guessing he had either pocket queens or 8s (due to him calling the pre-flop bet), but there's also the possibility of a flush or straight draw, though I doubt he would have called the previous bets with 9-10.
It might be the Aces that makes me think this was a really bad fold, but I'd like to hear your opinion, what do you guys think?
Thank you for your feedback!
Yes, we could've raised more preflop, 7x, 8x, 9x though. Following the hand and the game structure your fold was correct. This texture hasn't been good for our range and good for villain's range.
Besides, when we are playing fast tables, players tend to be straightforward and go most of times when they had us down.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Normally 3X is a good size 3-bet in position. However facing just a min-raise and with deep stacks I would go to at least 4X or even 5X to get more value and cut down on his implied odds to setmine against you. A 3-bet to just 6BB is more of a tournament thing, because we often play with shorter stacks like 30-50BB.

Flop
C-betting this flop is fine even against 2 opponents.

Turn
The Q is a scare card to 99-JJ, and its kind of unlikely, they called the flop with QX. Also the pot is getting bloated, when they both called the flop. Around 45BB if I calculate it correctly. I dont think, to many worse hands will call, if you go bet, jam, and there is also some risk, you might not have the best hand any more. So I probably play for some pot control and check back here. As played its a clear bet-fold. You are not going to see enough bluffs or overplayed worse hands to justify calling here in the long run.