Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
VP$IP
Currency
$
GGPoker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat (RESULTS ARE INCLUDED IN REPLAY)

9f756965 (UTG): $2.50 (125 bb)
dc7c7cf (MP): $2.03 (102 bb)
df21cb9c (CO): $2.38 (119 bb)
eb92e158 (BU): $2.00 (100 bb)
Hero (SB): $2.11 (106 bb)

d84a4793 (BB): $2.76 (138 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (Hero) is SB with T J
3 players fold, eb92e158 (BU) raises to $0.04, Hero (SB) 3-bets to $0.15, 1 fold, eb92e158 (BU) calls $0.11

Flop: ($0.32) 5 7 2 (2 players)
Hero (SB) checks, eb92e158 (BU) bets $0.16, Hero (SB) raises to $0.44, eb92e158 (BU) calls $0.28

Turn: ($1.20) 9 (2 players)
Hero (SB) bets $1.52 (all-in), eb92e158 (BU) calls $1.41 (all-in)

($4.02) A (2 players, 2 all-in)
---

Hey everyone, this was one hand I played today, but I had so many questions about it.
  1. At flop, am I right to check-raise this low board with my flush draw + overcards + backdoor straight draw? Would it be better to just check-call? Or should I just continue betting? How should I approach these situations?
  2. At the 9♥ turn, despite having improved a little bit, I think I made a mistake overbetting this board. In this situation (having check-raised), do we keep firing? Or a check is ok to try to control the pot?
  3. If I did not check-raise, but assuming I bet small and he calls, do we keep firing this turn? Or maybe check-call? Or even check-raise all-in?
  4. There are combos that overbet in this turn?
Well, these are some questions that come through my mind right now. I would be so thankful if you could help me to better understand this world of cash games!!!

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i like the way u played the hand aggro with the draw

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
He played his aggressiveness very well with flush outs and straight, he fooled him perfectly!(y)👏

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I missed to give a title for the thread o_O

Come on guys, let's try to analyze the hand objectively!! Please don't let me die in doubts :geek:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
you 3B pre, fortunate to flop FD, why aren't we just C-betting here? (what would we be doing with the rest of our range in this spot?)

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you 3B pre, fortunate to flop FD, why aren't we just C-betting here? (what would we be doing with the rest of our range in this spot?)
Well, in general these low boards tend to favor the caller range. I believe BU's range is a bit wider than ours. However, ranges are still wide.
My plan at the moment was check-raise monsters and semi-bluffs, and check-call the middle of the range (like 99, TT, A5s, Ax with backdoor flushdraw maybe).
The point is: I don't know if this makes sense, or if I am supposed to think (and act) like that.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not read the spoiler yet...

Pre Flop
Good hand to 3bet, I might go a little larger but it's fine.

Flop
I quite like the check raise, but to pull this off, your opponent has to think you would check raise overpairs too. Would you? I think it's a good play with AA, KK, but in practice I think most people cbet. So I would probably cbet this hand too.

Turn
Overbet is the only size that makes any sense, so I think it's fine, even if called you will have 25%+ equity. I would be worried at 2NL that you will get called light as after calling the x-raise he probably has had least a pair, but I still like the play.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
GGPoker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat (RESULTS ARE INCLUDED IN REPLAY)

9f756965 (UTG): $2.50 (125 bb)
dc7c7cf (MP): $2.03 (102 bb)
df21cb9c (CO): $2.38 (119 bb)
eb92e158 (BU): $2.00 (100 bb)
Hero (SB): $2.11 (106 bb)

d84a4793 (BB): $2.76 (138 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (Hero) is SB with T J
3 players fold, eb92e158 (BU) raises to $0.04, Hero (SB) 3-bets to $0.15, 1 fold, eb92e158 (BU) calls $0.11

Flop: ($0.32) 5 7 2 (2 players)
Hero (SB) checks, eb92e158 (BU) bets $0.16, Hero (SB) raises to $0.44, eb92e158 (BU) calls $0.28

Turn: ($1.20) 9 (2 players)
Hero (SB) bets $1.52 (all-in), eb92e158 (BU) calls $1.41 (all-in)

($4.02) A (2 players, 2 all-in)
---

Hey everyone, this was one hand I played today, but I had so many questions about it.
  1. At flop, am I right to check-raise this low board with my flush draw + overcards + backdoor straight draw? Would it be better to just check-call? Or should I just continue betting? How should I approach these situations?
  2. At the 9♥ turn, despite having improved a little bit, I think I made a mistake overbetting this board. In this situation (having check-raised), do we keep firing? Or a check is ok to try to control the pot?
  3. If I did not check-raise, but assuming I bet small and he calls, do we keep firing this turn? Or maybe check-call? Or even check-raise all-in?
  4. There are combos that overbet in this turn?
Well, these are some questions that come through my mind right now. I would be so thankful if you could help me to better understand this world of cash games!!!
I like to bluff nutted flush draws, with kings and aces. Otherwise we are bluffing too much having no idea if villain is going to fold or not.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Flop
I quite like the check raise, but to pull this off, your opponent has to think you would check raise overpairs too. Would you? I think it's a good play with AA, KK, but in practice I think most people cbet. So I would probably cbet this hand too.

Turn
Overbet is the only size that makes any sense, so I think it's fine, even if called you will have 25%+ equity. I would be worried at 2NL that you will get called light as after calling the x-raise he probably has had least a pair, but I still like the play.
Yes, my plan was to check-raise draws and overpairs/better (but it is hard to have better on this board, unless when we have 77).
Your note about the field is very good, NL2 is definitely nothing like NL25, for example. But sometimes I find it hard to decide whether to go along and try these "theory lines" or wait for good showdown hands.
By the way, my red line is quite negative at this point, by far I won much more with showdown. Is it normal at NL2?

I like to bluff nutted flush draws, with kings and aces. Otherwise we are bluffing too much having no idea if villain is going to fold or not.
It makes sense. A good hand to X/R would be the A5 of diamonds, right? It is in our 3-bet range and we also have outs for two pair.
With this JTdd, how would you have played it? C-bet flop, 2nd barrel turn? Or you go for check-call?

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
By the way, my red line is quite negative at this point, by far I won much more with showdown. Is it normal at NL2?
Yes I think its normal as there will be lots o multiway pots and people dont like to fold. Your blue line should be positive as you make money by making a good hand and value betting, with people making bad call downs at 2NL

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just c-bet the flop. You're bloating the pot in a situation that doesn't fit your range, so your hand becomes transparent.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just c-bet the flop. You're bloating the pot in a situation that doesn't fit your range, so your hand becomes transparent.
Thank you John!!! If you don't mind, may I ask what you would have done on the :9h4: turn supposing we c-bet and he calls?Is it adequate to keep barreling?

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just bet. Really no need to get too fancy at these stakes. And if you brick the river, give up unless it's a good scare card to bluff.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After looking at the hand, I still didn't understand why to risk the whole stack. Very aggressive game on all streets. The cards opened on the turn. According to the CardsChat replayer, the odds are 64% vs 36%. This means that the villain has figured you out. If you play several such hands, then in most cases you will lose to high pocket pairs. As well as players who do not fold with cards such as :ad4::kd4: or :kd4::qd4: on this board.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just bet. Really no need to get too fancy at these stakes. And if you brick the river, give up unless it's a good scare card to bluff.

After looking at the hand, I still didn't understand why to risk the whole stack. Very aggressive game on all streets. The cards opened on the turn. According to the CardsChat replayer, the odds are 64% vs 36%. This means that the villain has figured you out. If you play several such hands, then in most cases you will lose to high pocket pairs. As well as players who do not fold with cards such as :ad4::kd4: or :kd4::qd4: on this board.
Thank you so much guys!!!!
I will have more attention and try to be aggressive the right way!! :geek:

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your actions would be much more useful in tournament poker. If I mean that the opponent has a draw, then I will not drop a high pocket pair in the cash game. Here the villain went to the end even with a pair of eights. The bluff failed, but equity saved you on the river. Let this hand help you to act more focused in the future.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
On the flop, opponent should have reraised, and so he showed a weak hand..... That's right!