$2 NL HE 6-max: 4bet pot sb vs co on AK flop.

S

sitingman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
Any thoughts on this hand? Ranges are narrow in a 4bet pot so I felt like I was beat once Villain re-raised the turn but felt my hand was too good to fold.

Cheers

GGPoker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $2.79 (140 bb)
MP: $3.32 (166 bb)
CO: $1.77 (89 bb)
BU: $5.87 (294 bb)
SB (Hero): $1.93 (97 bb)
BB: $2.22 (111 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with A J
1 fold, MP calls $0.02, CO raises to $0.08, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.23, 2 players fold, CO 4-bets to $0.48, Hero calls $0.25

Flop:
($1) 4 A K (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1) A (2 players)
Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

River:
($3) 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.29 (all-in), Hero calls $0.29

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Preflop
Was 4x open villains standard size? This is often the sign of a good hand if they normally open smaller. So I wouldn't tend to just call in this instance, and if you are going to 3bet you should go bigger, at least to $0.3. A bigger 3bet will also make it tricky for him to 4bet for a reasonable non all-in size. With the just over 2x 4bet sizing used he could in theory have hand that are bluffing, but I doubt it at 2NL. Folding to the 4bet would be fine at 2NL as this is almost always value, but a call is ok.

Flop
While you hit top pair this is still not great he has AA, KK and AK on this board all of which are now the nuts! When he doesnt cbet I would get suspicious that he has a monster he is slow playing, if he completely missed, e.g. with QQ or JJ he might stab at it. In theory he could have suited Kx too that his pot controlling. I would weight him much more heavily to AK, AA and KK.

Turn
Good card, it makes it less likely he has AA or AK, but I would still check this card as villain has all the nuts. When he min clicks it back, he confirms that he probably has KK he was slow playing! However, once you have put over half the effective stack in and getting amazing odds I would probably sigh call.
The error was betting, as at least with a check call line he could have some bluffs or overplayed A5. You are probably getting stacked either way.

River
This money should have gone in on the turn

S

sitingman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your reply! Yea pre flop I should have 4bet more around 4x I agree. I was thinking the same when the flop came, however when V checked the turn aswell I thought it was less likely he had AK KK etc. I think my turn bet was a mistake as I'm not sure what hands I can get value from with my bet sizing.

TheHulk7

TheHulk7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pre flop - CO iso raise fish limper and we have to raise big from SB so like 14-15bb raise, as played obv call 4 bet.

flop - check is standard play as you do, villain check back ( he have to bet this board prob 100% of the time ), i am not sure what his range looks like when he checks, prob some weak suited ace ( A5s-ATs, K9-k10ss, some underpairs ).

turn - we improved and we can check, we can bet as well, so i mixed here. as for the bet size i think 50% is fine we can go with 30% sometimes. His raise makes no any sense but yeah its NL2, by checking flop with KK, AK.. he is missing a tons of value vs weaker Ax, and draws and give you free card to improve, so the only reasonable play is to call and call any river jam as you do. At this point if he have better A or KK thats it, unlucky, but we played our hand fine. :)

I am very curious what he had? :)

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I didnt spot the limper before, in that case fine to 3bet over the 4x open

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Any thoughts on this hand? Ranges are narrow in a 4bet pot so I felt like I was beat once Villain re-raised the turn but felt my hand was too good to fold.

Cheers

GGPoker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $2.79 (140 bb)
MP: $3.32 (166 bb)
CO: $1.77 (89 bb)
BU: $5.87 (294 bb)
SB (Hero): $1.93 (97 bb)
BB: $2.22 (111 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with A J
1 fold, MP calls $0.02, CO raises to $0.08, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.23, 2 players fold, CO 4-bets to $0.48, Hero calls $0.25

Flop:
($1) 4 A K (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1) A (2 players)
Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

River:
($3) 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.29 (all-in), Hero calls $0.29
Here we don’t own much options but 3-bet preflop. If we do call we are not realizing our equity very much in a 3-way pot most likely.
However, when CO 4-bets, we don’t have too much room but fold.
I don’t see a broken stack player 4-betting bluffs, or hands like AT, A9, A6... even hands like JT, QJ, or T9. Given all of this we should’ve folded preflop.
This flop isn’t good to our range, once we hit a top pair but villain had all AA, KK, AK and AQ. And CO checking behind is even more strange, being NLHE 2 it could mean anything.
On the turn we know villain doesn’t have AA, but still has AK, AQ and KK, and I would probably continue checking the board.
But as long as we bet, we cannot fold to villain’s raise here.
Let’s consider this is a broken stack player, and if this player is bad enough maybe we have some chance of being ahead in this spot, after all this is NLHE 2, and they do silly things such as 4-betting trash, but this is uncommon.

Thanks for submitting your hand, have a nice day and good grinding!

Best regards;