$2 NL HE 6-max: 2NL Aggressive KK lost to straight on river. Any advice welcome.

B

Bluebottle88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
pokerstars Zoom Hand #245017373133: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2023/07/25 20:49:25 WET [2023/07/25 15:49:25 ET]
Table 'Halley' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: chappers888 ($1.69 in chips)
Seat 2: vladuross ($2.29 in chips)
Seat 3: xxcuentaxx70 ($2.67 in chips)
Seat 4: rwlj99 ($3.44 in chips)
Seat 5: enixblr ($2.19 in chips)
Seat 6: Topboy147 ($1.93 in chips)
vladuross: posts small blind $0.01
xxcuentaxx70: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to chappers888 [Kh Kc]
rwlj99: folds
enixblr: folds
Topboy147: raises $0.03 to $0.05
chappers888: raises $0.05 to $0.10
vladuross: raises $0.14 to $0.24
xxcuentaxx70: folds
Topboy147: folds
chappers888: raises $0.26 to $0.50
vladuross: calls $0.26
*** FLOP *** [Jc Js Ts]
vladuross: checks
chappers888: bets $1.03
vladuross: raises $0.76 to $1.79 and is all-in
chappers888: calls $0.16 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($0.60) returned to vladuross
*** TURN *** [Jc Js Ts] [8s]
*** RIVER *** [Jc Js Ts 8s] [Qc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
vladuross: shows [9h 9c] (a straight, Eight to Queen)
chappers888: shows [Kh Kc] (two pair, Kings and Jacks)
vladuross collected $3.33 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $3.45 | Rake $0.12
Board [Jc Js Ts 8s Qc]
Seat 1: chappers888 (button) showed [Kh Kc] and lost with two pair, Kings and Jacks
Seat 2: vladuross (small blind) showed [9h 9c] and won ($3.33) with a straight, Eight to Queen
Seat 3: xxcuentaxx70 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: rwlj99 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: enixblr folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Topboy147 folded before Flop

A

Ace of Spad3s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
I would have increased the bet sizing on that 3-bet to 3, maybe 4 times the betsize. You are in position so I guess a 3 times sizing is OK, but i'd prefer 4 times. 5-betting villain is a possibility when deeper stacked. But if you use the 5 bet, make it bigger. Your overall 3-bet and 5-bet sizes are way to small here leading up to getting called way more often because you are giving away good odds. A part from your +EV comes from folds here, so put the pressure on villain with a bigger bet sizing.

When you get 4-bet like that, by one of the blinds, i'd suggest to jam it with KK. Odds are he'll call, after that you can just ride the runout. Roughly 20% of times KK gets cracked, which is unfortunate, but you made the +EV decision. If he folds, you're still +EV.

My line would be:
3-bet to 4 times, jam it after the 4-bet. Maybe 5-bet to 3 times the betsize when deepstacked, but I'd still rather shove it PF. Saves you the hassle of having to decide what to do on that paired board.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes at low stakes reraise bigger. Sometimes he will still call and crack your big PP, but at least you made him pay to do it. Most times your PP will hold up. Get as much value as you can.

Yesterday I made the mistake of only raising 3.5x villain's open and he called with QTos. T66 on the flop and it went all in. He turns a 2 outter and I was cleaned out. I would rather just take down an uncalled small pot than be screwed by lady luck.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As others have said 3bet bigger.

As played you just got sucked out on by a bad player.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In situations like this we can call with KK more than 4-betting, otherwise we are turning KK into a bluff. Players tend “to level” or to 3-bet light more often from SB and BB versus button, so when we 4-bet KK they can easily fold.
I’ve been looking forward the hands you played and it seems to me that you are playing cash as if it was a tournament game: in this particular hand it looks like you decided to go with KK in spite of the flop.
Not that you played wrong postflop, it was perfect, villain had a trash/speculative hand and should never had called your sized 4-bet in the first place.
In second place, villain should’ve never jammed or called a jam on this flop, so villain played very poorly and got very lucky to hit a straight.
You played fine, but I believe you are overplaying strong hands, as I observed in other hands you posted.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Your 3-bet is to small. Standard sizing is 3X in position, which would be 15c and not just 10c. Because he went so small, and its 2NL, you can also go larger like 20c. You are still going to get called a lot, and you are not going to have many light 3-bets anyway. So a larger sizing generate more value. Because of your sizing the cold 4-bet also came in small, and the size of your 5-bet is fine. Normally a 5-bet is all-in with 100BB or less, but due to the non-standard sizing of the 3-bet and 4-bet, this is fine.

Flop
The SPR (Stack to Pot Ratio) was only a little over 1, so I am pretty much never planning on folding KK postflop. Maybe if there is an A on the flop, but that would pretty much be the only situation. However I dont think, there is any need to pile it all in on the flop. I prefer to make a small bet like 25% pot, which gives the opponent room to call with a worse hand. Or even think, he has fold equity, and jam himself. Its a disaster, if he folds a hand like the one, he had.

Results
Bad beats are part of the game, so dont get hung up on them. You got your chips in with 89% equity, and that is the best, we can hope for in this game. Its best to simply pretend, the hand is over at this point, and not even watch, how the board runs out. Or you can use the all-in cash-out feature to cash out your equity against a 1% fee and let the opponent gamble with the poker site.