100nl QQ vs reg on terrible flop

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because our hand has too much equity vs his range to just check and give up. I don't think villain will be floating here often - the stack sizes just don't give him any room to do anything other than call the flop and push the turn when checked to, which I guess has some FE in it, but not much if I have any type of hand. I expect to see shoves or folds from him.

I think his range is wide enough that we should be bet-calling - AJ/AT/QJs may be in his range as well as most pairs and the big aces.

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4. As a second option you could point to the window and yell "LOOK!", and then when they look over take the button and put it in front of you :).

i like this idea..made me think of

Attachments

• princessbride.jpg
    princessbride.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 3
blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm definitely bet/calling. simply the lesser of the evils, although i don't think it's quite as bad of a flop as it first looks

basically the only hands that really kill us are slowplayed KKd/AAd, KQ, and flopped flushes. the thing is if he has 99/TT/JJ or two pair, he can obv have no diamonds, so we have a full 10 outs. pretty good with what's in the pot (and certainly good enough once we bet flop), even though he'll have redraws. and he can definitely push with hands we're ahead of i.e. AdQ, AdJ, 8d8

C

Craized

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been reading David Sklansky's The Theory of Poker, and he uses a scenario very similar to yours to illustrate the point of reverse implied odds. I think he would argue check/folding here... [FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]

Sklansky.jpg

(David Sklansky (2005). The Theory of Poker. 4th ed.)
[/FONT]

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been reading David Sklansky's The Theory of Poker, and he uses a scenario very similar to yours to illustrate the point of reverse implied odds. I think he would argue check/folding here... [FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]

Sklansky.jpg

(David Sklansky (2005). The Theory of Poker. 4th ed.)
[/FONT]

But we've committed enough of our stack preflop to have made any call by him incorrect for implied odds value, so stacking here (assuming we're ahead of his range) is ok in that sense.

I ended up betting $30 with the intention of calling a shove, but he folded. I think basically what combu said is probably right. Punching some hands into stove, we seem pretty crushed, but considering we'll be getting 3:1 on a shove assuming we bet $30 (which we have to do to protect our hand...I think), then calling is actually easy against his range.

Board: 9d Td Jd
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 38.109% 35.25% 02.86% 15006 1217.00 { QhQs }
Hand 1: 61.891% 59.03% 02.86% 25130 1217.00 { 99+, AdKd, AdQd, KQs, AKo, AcQd, AdQc, AdQh, AdQs, AhQd, AsQd, KdQc }

(even if we add made flushes from SCs it doesn't change much)

Seemed like a much tougher spot at first glance; wasn't sure what was correct if he pushed.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KJSHIushdiuSHD stupid laptop accidently push back button and lost everything. So very short version.

Basically a gross spot. I hate bet/folding, since villain is probably RAI with a large portion of his range since this flop is almost always gross for you. c/c probably leaves us committed and c/f seems a little weak when you are near the top of your range.

Personally, i think you just have to make a judgement about whether or not you are willing to play for stacks. If not, then c/f realising that vs a good villain you will be outplayed 100% in this situation and if so then you can lead/call shove realising that villain will shove over the top with a wide range. c/c seems very gross because you'll be in an UGLY situation in further streets.

And for whoever asked, ba/wb = barely ahead or way behind and is normally a situation where you have something like TP on a very drawy board where you are either slightly ahead of a big draw or miles behind a made hand.