100NL QQ

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well tbh, i didnt want to play a big pot since i was up a lot that session and wanted 2 leave when blinds reached me on that table, so was kind of suckered into it, which is why i went into passive mode, unconsciously, even though like i said QQ isnt always a reraise for me.

The thing is when you get a low flop, you can usually maneuver postflop with QQ< but the villains evry strong betting later, made it a mistake for me not to raise preflop with QQ, although ill say i can get away with that against many other players

As for postflop, i think cold calling flop is ok. I dont think a raise would let me know where i stand here. I didnt reraise preflop so if he has overpair such as AA, KK, JJ< hes reraising me me probably, even with a top pair top kicker.

I do think i should've raised the turn, since if im beat here by AA and KK im calling a blank river anyway, and to get value from weaker hands.

By the river, the only hand im beating is JJ. With no reads i cant assume villain would do all this with air or weak pairs with me calling with no draws on board.

AA, KK, any ten beat me, JJ was very likely but i decided to fold.

did he show??

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what about an underpair?

you mean as far as what he's putting us on? i agree he can't rule out an underpair or an 8, i just simply don't think it's often enough that your average villain would see it as a favorable spot to bluff. and i think it would almost have to be a bluff for us to win, because i doubt he's making that thin of a valuebet with even JJ and expecting us to not only have the bottom of our range but then call the very large bet with it. in my experience people just don't bluff in this spot (and likely shouldn't) often enough to call