100max weird preflop shove

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally wait for a better spot...

I wish people would stop using this phrase when commenting on non-donkament hands. :)

It's a cash game. Take every edge, no matter how slight.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're such a nit :/

What I meant was wait for a spot where you actually have some reads on the guy and can make a calculated guess for his hand range, and call/fold depending on your pot odds etc etc.

Right now he could be a maniac pushing 79o, or he could be a rocky player who's picked up a monster; we have no reads and pinning him on a hand range is tough (for me at least).

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's his first hand though, the likelyhood of a nit/rock doing this especially on the first hand is way less than an aggro **** looking to get stacked

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold and wait for a better spot

(oh wait its cash game, i just add on monies, oh wait he might go bust before i get a chance and get dealt aces.)

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did say AJ was close, but If I saw villan doing that i would prob think he could be doing it with any 2 cards and is playing roulete rather than poker. I think my range is 99 to AA, AK, AQ suited. AJ suited and 88 would depend on my mood. AJ off suit and 77 or lower is fold since I doubt that we would dominate too many hands. Just because we may think he makes this move with any 2 cards it was lucky he had 97o, he could have easily had say Q-9 suited or something which isn't that far behind your hand.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as chris mentioned, cash games are about edges. if i had 22 and knew he had 79o for sure 100% i would call.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as chris mentioned, cash games are about edges. if i had 22 and knew he had 79o for sure 100% i would call.

Obv? The point is we don't know what he has. We don't have so much as a read. If you've seen this situation occur enough times to where you can readlessly put AJo ahead of his range, then go for it, but I don't see how you can.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because the villians line doesnt make sense. this leads me to believe that his range is that of a hand AJ is ahead of, even if only by a small margin.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a similar incident happen to me, new player at the table, buy-in for $10, I was dealt A-Qos, came around to new player, he immediately shot in his $10, I thought he was there for a Quick double-up, and seeing that I was up to $30 I thought "donk, I'm calling this" and made the call, xQxxx, hit the board, turns over A-A, last time I,m doing that, all I can say joose is nh, but next time he may have the nuts.