$100 NLHE 6-max: Top set facing 3x river shove

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He did show up with QJ, I think if I had KK I would probably have called off river since he would have a lot more combos of hands he could over value. I don't usually play 100NL and feel like I would of called at 25NL so I was wanting feed back to see if it was too nitty of a fold but it seems like a mix of replies. I do agree that I should of raised turn too.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eyeroll....

How hard is it to post some stats people?

How hard is it to make a well informed post? This is on Bovada so stats are not all that convenient and this hand happened over a week ago. Go shit post somewhere else.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How hard is it to make a well informed post? This is on Bovada so stats are not all that convenient and this hand happened over a week ago. Go shit post somewhere else.
Just checking to see if I understand how this conversation is going so far:

1) You post a thread with no stats or reads.
2) After someone asks for stats or reads, you say "he was kinda fishy".
3) Later, you reveal he was running 23/12 over ~20 hands which is closer to tight than fishy.
4) You complain when someone calls you out on your poor stat & read communication.

Sound about right?

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just checking to see if I understand how this conversation is going so far:

1) You post a thread with no stats or reads.
2) After someone asks for stats or reads, you say "he was kinda fishy".
3) Later, you reveal he was running 23/12 over ~20 hands which is closer to tight than fishy.
4) You complain when someone calls you out on your poor stat & read communication.

Sound about right?

1) Because there was really no good reads and there still is a discussion to be had without them.

2) Yeah, he was kind of fishy, can't get too specific of reads on a anti hud anonymous poker site in less then 20 hands unless villain is very active.

3) Just because someone is tight, does not mean they are not a fish. At this point I need to ask if you even play poker?

4) Never complained and I am working with what I got, a vague read on a small amount of hands, hence why I didn't even include it in the OP. Only thing I complained about is your constant shit posting in the HA forums.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Catching ppl out lol

Do you even play poker lol

This is gold

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I see 23/12 I think passive nit who calls a bit too much. Deffo folding vs those stats. 60/15 OTOH......

Either way, next time perhaps give as much information as possible. Even if you think it may be of little importance.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I see 23/12 I think passive nit who calls a bit too much. Deffo folding vs those stats. 60/15 OTOH......

Either way, next time perhaps give as much information as possible. Even if you think it may be of little importance.

Right, like I said though, kind of fishy stats. Who is to say he is a passive nit, it was under 20 hands. I didn't say full blown fish spewing all over the place, or it would be an obvious call.

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right, like I said though, kind of fishy stats. Who is to say he is a passive nit, it was under 20 hands. I didn't say full blown fish spewing all over the place, or it would be an obvious call.

Those aren't fish stats. I mark people with those stats as category 2 (nits/weak regs). His stats say he is tight and passive. It's a small sample but you can't selectively choose when a small sample is relevant and when it isn't. Use all the info you have all the time.

This lack of agreement seems to be down to how we all categorize our opponents. The first few responses could have been much more helpful had you not only described the type of player but also your ranking of said type because it looks like your definition of fish may be out of sync with others definition of fish.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
call river, not worried at all, raising turn all day tho.

Thinker_145

Thinker_145

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am never ever folding this for 120BB stack. If he's got QJ fine that's just a cooler.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Thinker_145

Thinker_145

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He did show up with QJ, I think if I had KK I would probably have called off river since he would have a lot more combos of hands he could over value. I don't usually play 100NL and feel like I would of called at 25NL so I was wanting feed back to see if it was too nitty of a fold but it seems like a mix of replies. I do agree that I should of raised turn too.

What do you mean? You said you folded so how do you know he had QJ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bovada lets you see villains hole cards 24 hours later

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If their dumb enough to shove for 3x pot on the river their probably inexperienced enough to think they are value betting worse sets/2 pair type hands. What if it's just some donk with K9?

Like, wouldn't the nuts just raise flop or turn? Hard to imagine someone being that patient, especially when the flop smashes an UTG openers range.

S

Simplex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the fold is fine. Possibly guy had set of Ks, 10s or even 9s. He seemed to get happy when that turn brought a nine. Course A10, AK, A9 or AX are possibilities. Me, think I would make a crying call. You beat every hand except QJ. But considering how much was in the pot relative to the river shove, I don't mind the fold either.

V

vascoace09

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In PS where i can see the vilans cards?
TXXXsSSS!!

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In PS where i can see the vilans cards?
TXXXsSSS!!

You can't. This is on bovada and he used the bovada hand converter to see cards 24 hours after the hand was played.

I still can't believe anyone said call here. Especially after the stats were added. So you pick off the bluff the 1 in 50 times it happens. No one is 3x shoving sets/two pairs there for value. Just not happening. It's 98% of the time the nuts.

W

walleye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me fishy is fishy. I have to call on the river. You are likely facing two pair.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't. This is on bovada and he used the bovada hand converter to see cards 24 hours after the hand was played.

I still can't believe anyone said call here. Especially after the stats were added. So you pick off the bluff the 1 in 50 times it happens. No one is 3x shoving sets/two pairs there for value. Just not happening. It's 98% of the time the nuts.

how on earth can you assert that.

M

MinhANguyen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how on earth can you assert that.

Because huge overbet shoves are super polarizing to either the nuts or air, and at these stakes are almost always the nuts. Sets/2PR are not the nuts here. KK 3-bets pre, and 1010 does not spazz and overbet shove the river for 3x the pot with 2 bigger sets and a straight out there. Lots of strong 2PR combos are blocked by our set of Aces, and it doesn't make sense for villain to do this with anything but 99% of the time the nuts. Sets/2PR are never going crazy here with a 3x overbet shove.

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a close one, but I'd be calling this. We're getting 1.3 to 1 odds, which means we only need to be right 42% of the time to justify calling. I'd expect villain to show QJ here about 50% of the time and something else (weaker set, 2 pairs or bluff) the other 50% of the time, so I think it's still +EV to call.