$10 NLHE Full Ring: Thoughts?

S

seymourflopsws3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hiya guys anything here you have feedback on, especially calling the turn shove?

PokerStars - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 221.4 BB (VPIP: 3.70, PFR: 3.70, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 81)
UTG: 207.2 BB (VPIP: 15.79, PFR: 14.47, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 76)
UTG+1: 100 BB (VPIP: 42.00, PFR: 32.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 52)
MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 15.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 20)
MP+1: 55.5 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
CO: 96.5 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)
Hero (BTN): 115.1 BB
SB: 152.9 BB (VPIP: 24.00, PFR: 16.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 51)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:club: A:diamond:

Note: I'm happy to 3 bet pre as Villain has shown to be fairly LAG and I'm confident there are hands in his range that I'm ahead of
I'm not too happy about his 4 bet but he has shown propensity to bluff pre flop prior. Given the size of his his 4 bet I have to call IP, at this point I think we can narrow his range to A9s+, 88+, KQs, AJo+ and possibly suited connectors that he wants to see a flop with but has 4 bet to keep the initiative in the hand VS my wide BTN range. Would like some opinions on his range if possible please?

fold, UTG+1 raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, UTG+1 raises to 21 BB, Hero calls 12 BB

Flop: (43.5 BB, 2 players) K:heart: 2:diamond: 4:heart:

Note: When he checks flop I'm happy to check behind as I beleive he's capable of a c/r for value or a bluff.

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: (43.5 BB, 2 players) A:heart:

Note: When he checks to me on the turn I feel I have to bet my Ace, as I feel VS his given range not much has changed based on the action so far, except I'm now discounting AA, KK as they are very unlikely. QQ still very possible.

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 26 BB, UTG+1 raises to 79 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 53 BB

Thanks, any feedback appreciated

C

cosyglo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though he is loose, given that he hadn't 3Bet in the 52 hand sample, I think you can give him some decent credit for the 4-bet. With the size of the 4-bet not being too big either as you said yourself "you have to call IP', so its unlikely to be a bluff.

Id say AJs+,AQo, JJ+. Preflop your not doing great against these hands, and post flop its even worse. When the turn comes the only hands you can beat are JJ-KK, AJo. The flush draw has got there on the turn too so thats also a concern.

I know your getting good odds on the turn but my inclination would be to fold. Of course all this is based around the villain not being a total maniac!

So what did he turn over in the end?

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you realize that if we assume his PFR from EP is 30, the 4bet range you assigned is nearly half? This isn't impossible, but it does look rather optimistic. Also, you assume he's 4betting his SCs because he thinks your BTN range is wide and he want to retain the initiative. What indications have any had that he's capable of thinking this way? To what degree is this actually likely vs wishful thinking?

Betting the turn is tricky because he's likely to fold or shove, and if he shoves, you have pretty good pot odds but are likely behind, quite possibly well behind, and with few if any redraws. So I'm inclined to check behind.

S

seymourflopsws3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the turn comes the only hands you can beat are JJ-KK, AJo. So what did he turn over in the end?

I can't even beat KK on the turn mate ;) I'll post up what he had soon dude, just gonna wait for a bit and see if I get any more opinions.. Can you PM on here? If you can I'll PM you?

S

seymourflopsws3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I'm inclined to check behind.

Thanks really interesting, lot to learn from your post and think on :)

Clear check behind OTT, agree

Clearly some wishful thinking on my part and falling in love with my marginal hand/making excuses to call at the time

C

cosyglo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't even beat KK on the turn mate ;) I'll post up what he had soon dude, just gonna wait for a bit and see if I get any more opinions.. Can you PM on here? If you can I'll PM you?

Thats true you can't! Slipped up there. Im can PM ya, sure send it on Im interested to know now!