E

emccards

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$10 NL HE Full Ring: How should I have played this JJ

in Rush Poker No reads on this player

Villain is UTG with $17.88 raises 3xbb (.30) folds around to me i have $21.72 in the bb. I decide to just call since I'm out of position and want to see a flop. Flop come Jc 3h 2h. I check he bets .40 into a pot of .60 I check raise make it 1.20. He reraises to 4.25. I didn't know what to do, I had flopped the nuts but didn't want to see a suckout heart or him hit his set of kings. I had no hand history with him but my range was aa kk qq akh aqh kqh. I think if I smooth call then a heart comes out and he hits his flush im screwed but if I call and then check the turn and he checks behind me then it wouldn't of mattered anyway. I decided to push

Let's hear some opinions

Last edited:
wrung24

wrung24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take it you have JJ ?

I don't think there is one person on this site that will tell you anything else then to get it all in as quickly as you can.

He looks like he wants to go all the way with his hand too so he should call you.

How are you able to put him on a range if he is unknown ? That range isn't a terrible guess but you can never be sure against an unknown.

All the hands he could have are miles behind you at this point in the hand.

Against AhKh you are going to win the hand 73% of the time.
Even better against KK you are going to win about 88% of the time.
The very best he could have is 4h5h, in that case you win 58% of the time, but even that is very unlikely

I suggest you brush up a little on equity and odds.

There are plenty of articles on internet that will help you with this. If you want to stay official then read The theory of poker by David Sklansky.

Also if you're scared of putting the money in the middle then it's possible you are playing with too much of you're money at a time, search bankroll management.

Hope this helped

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, you have top set, it's never wrong to get top set all in on a board like that or any board really.

Please post the HH in the future.