$10 NLHE Full Ring: Generic issue - premium pair OOP vs obvious draw

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With players like you at 10nl i'll make 20nl very quickly ... just saying.

You can know all the maths in the world but it wont make a difference.. you either have it or don't in Poker ;)

Keep on working on it and listen to others. John knows what he's talking about, sometimes we have to accept the unaccepted before we move on.

Last edited:
LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D It is hard to make big money off me since I am not a big loser. Math says so ;)

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your stuck at 10nl for some reason :)

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Stuck" by choice, mostly because I didn't play last month so BR stayed the same. In fact I am going to scout 25NL this month a bit.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
John - So what you are saying is that check/call is the best in this line if I am doing this with an overpair (paired board in this concrete hand validates Jx hands and makes the scenario worse for me, but generally speaking)? There are more draw combos than value combos, but villain probably doesn't bet them all - or more specifically, some villains do but a percentage of villains don't :D also, the whole check/call thing is supposed to be bad most of the time, no? This is why I try to implement more bet/folding.

No. That's not even close to what I'm saying. I'm not even sure how you're coming to that conclusion. You're the one saying that it makes no sense to bet because your opponent has odds. And I've clearly said, no, that's not correct. How you're thinking about the math is incorrect. You need to re-think or read some more about your equity versus draws.

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I meant was, if FD misses the river do I still fire the 3rd barrel (hoping for a call from some weak 1 pair hand) or check and bluffcatch (and accept I get owned by better hands some of the time)?

I

iknowrightt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you were beat for sure. Hard to play that hand on the river given the call on flop and turn. If he had top pair, he has trips. If he has 2 spades he has a flush. KQ made the str8. I would check fold.

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I meant was, if FD misses the river do I still fire the 3rd barrel (hoping for a call from some weak 1 pair hand) or check and bluffcatch (and accept I get owned by better hands some of the time)?

villain dependent obv?

value bet stations, x/c spewtards, x/f regnits. ez game

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, against known opponents. It is not so easy to be sure vs weekenders, even though they are usually weak there are a few types.