$10 NLHE 6-max: Squeeze oop w/ AKo, caller sticks around

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
10nlz, only 10 hands on V, who is a 50/13... but let's assume he's not a fish here.

Flop bet is a must, but how are we feeling on the turn?

Yatahay Network - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 125.7 BB
Hero (SB): 122.5 BB
BB: 245.9 BB
UTG: 166.1 BB
MP: 292.1 BB
CO: 115.7 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: K:heart:

UTG raises to 2.2 BB, MP calls 2.2 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 10.5 BB, fold, UTG calls 8.3 BB, MP calls 8.3 BB

Flop: (32.5 BB, 3 players) A:heart: T:diamond: 7:spade:
Hero bets 16.2 BB, fold, MP calls 16.2 BB

Turn: (64.9 BB, 2 players) J:heart:
Hero bets 20.7 BB, MP calls 20.7 BB

River: (106.3 BB, 2 players) 7:heart:
Hero bets 75.1 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 101 BB

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like how you played this hand. In preflop we can raise to 5.5x = 12.1bb. Taking into account that we have 2 limpers (BB and MP) + we are OOP. Also, the opening of UTG is minimal and its range is quite strong from its position, so offsetting the range disadvantage will always be a valid option.
On the turn the size is correct. We are now in good form and have mastered most of V's bluffs.
On the river the most profitable option is jam. We blocked top full house and now we get fold equity from hands like Txs that cannot support this board texture. We also obtain value of A2s-A5s. The Jxs are V bluffs that have been neutralized after your jam. Possibly they defend themselves at a certain frequency, but if we consider that V is competent they should be in the fold equity range, since they lose with 2 bluffs from your range which are KK and QQ. Well played IMO.
Greetings.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop I think the sizing is fine for the 3 bet but going bigger wouldnt hurt either. We dont mind two folds here we just dont want two calls and the problem is if villain one calls then the odds are better that villain two calls since they are getting a better price to call.

On the flop I agree that you need to be betting and again sizing is fine. If anything I would go a little bigger then and target other Ax hands that are weaker but will still call.

The turn to me is a bet spot and probably the point in the hand where most people will differ with their opinions. I dont like checking there because even though villains heart draws are limited since the A, K, and J of hearts are accounted for, that doesnt rule out they have hearts and they could have hands that now have a gutter ball like we ourselves do although we are only worried about a King completing that and we have a blocker so that is less of a worry. However I still like betting here to stay in the drivers seat. If we get raised here then it puts us in a tough spot but sometimes you have to make the villain raise you instead of not betting because you are scared of it. Sizing wise is fine again although I like slightly bigger to around 25 ish BBs.
I never love these spots where we "have to" go all in on the river with a one pair hand. I say have to because when we get to the river the pot size doesnt allow us to bet small. I think we should be checking to induce a bluff or we should be going all in. Does not make sense to me on that pot size to be betting and then folding to a raise. Villain should be only calling us when we are beat but that doesnt mean they wont call weaker and villain should be checking behind if we checked to them and they have A8, A9, AQ, KJ, Q10 type hand but that doesnt rule out they could bluff. So either action on the river I can back it where you either jam as you did or you check and hope villain bluffs.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
OK- thank to you both for your feedback, you have always been very helpful. Not trusting the average V to bluff river and 10nl, so river jam is OK. Just concerned about the turn since there are more hands that beat us now.

Thanks for the info about squeeze sizing/ bet sizing as well.