Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.05/$.10
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
Wondering how you guys would play this differently. Was it ok to get it all in both hands?

This happened literally at the same time at the beginning of my session, the showdown occurred within seconds of each other.

Just sat down at 2 tables.

On table 1, it's my 4th hand at the table. I have KcQc on CO.

Villain to my right min raises. I thought about 3betting but just flatted. If I had KQos I would have more likely 3betted. I know this villain pays off if I hit it big so I just called.

Flop is 4c4h5c. Villain cbets 30c. I raise it to 82c. He calls.

Turn is Qh. He checks. I bet $1.23 into $2.19 pot (not rake adjusted). He shoves. A possible FH flashed across my head for a moment, but I can't fold here against this guy. I've seen him go all in with weird stuff before. I call off my remaining ~$8. Maybe I SHOULD have folded since the check raise on the turn feels real strong?

AdAs. Definitely didn't put him on AA. River is a 3s. I lose

-------
On table 2, it's my first hand. I wake up on BB with AhAc. CO limps, BTN pops to 45c. I 3bet to $1.30. CO folds, BTN calls.

Flop is Ks8c5s. I cbet $1.73 he raises to $3.84. I know from past play this guy raises a ton. Easily could be raising with Kx here. I shove my remaining ~$7. He calls.

he has 4s7s. River is another 3s. WTF.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Villain to my right min raises. I thought about 3betting but just flatted. If I had KQos I would have more likely 3betted. I know this villain pays off if I hit it big so I just called.
Trying to get your logic here: you mean that with best combos you flat and worst combos you 3-bet? And you do this how often, 100% of times? I think that with both suited and off-suited combos we can be flatting and 3-betting, depending on opponent profile, table style.
On the turn we can only say this: we haven’t 3-bet preflop, so of course villain could’ve AQ, QQ, but also a bunch of bluffs. This line seems very strong or very idiot. If we have only TP2K I think we are never winning to make this call, but the 20% Flush Draw to the river gives us more hope.
It’s very close here, but giving his sizing I would be folding more than calling OTT.
BB with AhAc. CO limps, BTN pops to 45c. I 3bet to $1.30. CO folds, BTN calls.

Flop is Ks8c5s. I cbet $1.73 he raises to $3.84. I know from past play this guy raises a ton. Easily could be raising with Kx here. I shove my remaining ~$7. He calls.
I think one hand has nothing to do with the other and you could simply post them separately. Plus using CardsChat hand converter or replayed, to make our lives easier.
On the flop with AA I see no reason to be pushing since we own the ace of clubs. And villain raises too much of a sizing, so if we are losing here there’s no need for crying.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is BOL. I dont know how to capture the hand history that will be compatible with the forum.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you raise OTF V it shouldn't have worse flush draws on that paired texture. I mean, I don't expect you to get called hands like Jcxc (really highly unlikely). Whereas a wide V could have all the pockets here. And against that you don't have enough fold equity, so I prefer to call and evaluate OTT.
Then you arrive with TPGK and I could certainly bet here. Your size seems correct to me and when V raise I would minimum put it in a range of: 4x. We only beat his FD but everything seems to indicate that his bet is value oriented. I would leave OTT, although before he would have preferred to just call OTF.
Greetings.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1: If you think villain is one of those stations that will pay you off when you hit then I think you dont need to 3bet as often as with other players. It sounds like this is a person that you would want to play "make the pot big when you want to but keep it small all other times" so I think calling pre here is better. Not to say 3 betting is bad but from what you write I like calling better.

On the flop, if the villain pays you off when you have it what do they do when you dont have it (yet anyway lol)? If they are always calling then I think I would elect to just call the bet here as even though you are drawing against it price wise you know the implied odds are there and can go for big value when you do hit it. Raising here and then if you miss turn are we firing again knowing they will likely call again? Also what do we expect them to call with? Are they calling all Ax and pairs but folding a weird K9 or K10 hand? If so they you are only value targeting KJ and the rest of the time you are semi bluffing into someone that is not going to fold anything better. Raising is not bad in many spots, not bad here either, but I like just calling better.

On the turn as played I am not sure you have to go this big but it someone that we think is an ATM machine so I am fine with the sizing. When they jam, though, we must think what worse hands are jamming here? Are pairs lower than Q now jamming... I doubt it. Ax flush draw is a maybe but that would re raise flop if they were going to go with it so I would say no there as well. Is a random Ax jaming that has no clubs... I doubt that too so to me it seems like this raise would be something beating you or a very random bluff. You know the villain so you would have to decide how much they bluff and do they bluff in this fashion with a random hand. If you dont think they are then you are probably behind. You have equity, but you need 41% if my math is right (calling 8 to win 11.42 but that could be incorrect) and I dont think you have it especially since I discount Ax of clubs now jamming when they would have on flop so this is a made hand usually that is beating you. You could hope for QJ, Q10, or that random bluff some % of the time but that is really all you could hope for and its just not enough to me.

Hand 2: This is villain dependent but you say he raises a lot and with the draws out there I would not want to just call and let him potentially play perfectly against me depending on what cards come so I like the jam... as long we are going against this type of opponent and this board. Rainbow board I like just calling more and letting villain just bet it off themselves.