spade4.gif

CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($3.75, 2 players) 4
spade4.gif

CO bets $1.78, Hero folds

hands:1253
Stats:22/18/8.9

Flop: I think flop should be bet here?

Turn: Here I have problems. Barrel I find the hand too weak and check leads possibly to the villain sees this as a weakness and bluffs on the river, while he can have just as some Kx combo. What should I do here please?

River: He certainly has some bluff combo but it looks like value-bet to me.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
$0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (BTN): $10.10 (101 bb)
SB: $11.26 (112.6 bb)
BB: $43.27 (432.7 bb)
UTG: $12.00 (120 bb)
MP: $26.53 (265.3 bb)

CO: $12.71 (127.1 bb)

SB posts $0.05, BB posts $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has T
club4.gif
T
spade4.gif

2 folds, CO raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $0.80, 2 folds, CO calls $0.55

Flop: ($1.75, 2 players) K
club4.gif
heart4.gif
club4.gif

CO checks, Hero bets $1.00, CO calls $1.00

Turn: ($3.75, 2 players) 9
spade4.gif

CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($3.75, 2 players) 4
spade4.gif

CO bets $1.78, Hero folds

Hands:1253
Stats:22/18/8.9

Flop: I think flop should be bet here?

Turn: Here I have problems. Barrel I find the hand too weak and check leads possibly to the villain sees this as a weakness and bluffs on the river, while he can have just as some Kx combo. What should I do here please?

River: He certainly has some bluff combo but it looks like value-bet to me.
Preflop is fine, we don’t want to be calling a lot with strong hands here making the odds for the players in the blinds good. So 3-bet is standard.
On the flop we are certainly betting for we have equity for improving our hand. Our plan here is to c-bet flop and continue to bluff on any clubs, any queen, jack, ace, of course any ten which give us a set. Other cards, unfortunately reduces our ability to bet for value and for bluffing and we are check-folding.
On the turn of course villain has many combos of bluffs but we cannot continue betting for our hand is very strong and still has showdown value, so our intention is to get OTR cheaply since our equity got down OTT.
When we check turn our range becomes capped to certain type of hands and not others. Of course if we had AK, KQ, KK, AA we would be betting this turn again. When we check we let clear we don’t own any strong hand.
I think that OTR we could be exploitatively calling to avoid being bluffed. Sure villain can show some Kx but I’m afraid the given price isn’t salty.
But you have played over a thousand hands versus this villain and by his stats it seems a decent tight player, so okay folding and giving him credit.
Nice hand!

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a CO VS BU duel it seems reasonable to me from time to time to polarize the ranges a bit preflop.
Your flop bet seems strong to me. It sounds like you'd like V to give up as soon as possible, but it makes sense to put this street together with the preflop sequence.
The turn it's an absolute brick and you have blockers that probably don't matter much to block bet now.
As played the river is not very good for you, as V might be a bit polarized. His most likely range includes more Kxs than you, so it was a good fold in my opinion.
Greetings.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Seema fine apart from the flop, I think your size is too big, I would bet more like 33% on this type of board (check is a decent option too but I'd rather bet range small on these K high boards).

On the river fold is fine as villain will have lots of Kx to have called flop,plus you block flush draws

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At these stakes at the turn, you should be betting more often than not, just because your opponent will have a wider and weaker range than they should. By betting the turn, you get value from those hands, and you will most likely get the river checked to you, so you can get to showdown at a higher rate. If you check the turn, then you're getting all villains value and bluff hands to bet at a much higher frequency, when your goal is to get to showdown cheaply. You create a much more difficult river decision when villain does bet, based on his bet sizing and final card.