$10 NL HE 6-max: TPTK Against Suspected AA/KK. Crying River Call or Fold?

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.05/$.10
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
VP$IP
PFR
Currency
$
I have AhKh on HJ. I open to 28c. CO 3bets me to 89c. Everyone folds. Effective stacks are only about $11.

In about 150 hands of history with CO, he has a 3bet% of zero so the 3bet smells quite strong. I call.

Flop is Ks6c2h.

I check. He bets 45c. I call.

Turn is 2d.

He bets $1.50 into $2.83 pot (rake adjusted). If he had JJ or QQ I think he would just check so I am not liking my hand a lot right now. I call.

Turn is Jc. I check. He bets $4.23 into $5.83 pot.

Definitely not a bluff. My gut says I am up against AA here. Best care scenario for me is probably a split. The bet sizing and scaling up of bet-to-pot ratio smells like big time value to me. Plus, this villain isn't the type to just fire off 3 barrels against someone who plays tight (me).

But then I was like I have AA and KK blockers. And I close my eyes and called...

Would you just toss and get'em next time?

KcKd. I smacked myself upside the head. This was pretty obvious and I still called. Cost myself 42 extra big blinds.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Would you just toss and get'em next time?
If i'm in tilt can't fold here 99.9% of the time... That's a serious bets on every street... smells pretty bad...

(I wish I could fold preflop here against this player, but it's very hard to fold a big rat like AKs)

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
he has a 3bet% of zero so the 3bet smells quite strong. I call.
Calling and 4-betting are good options here.
Flop is Ks6c2h.

I check. He bets 45c. I call.
This flop is good and there’s no way of not calling it.
Turn is 2d.

He bets $1.50 into $2.83 pot (rake adjusted). If he had JJ or QQ I think he would just check so I am not liking my hand a lot right now. I call.
Villain will hardly consider that we could’ve been holding AK on this spot, so we must expect KQ, KJ, KT to be following this line.
Turn is Jc. I check. He bets $4.23 into $5.83 pot.
KJ got there, if he had AA or KK we would be already busted but I think we are exploitatively calling this: sometimes players get fancy with dominated hands and we have decent blockers and removal.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm not folding here. Ther most likely hands are AA 3 combos and AK 6 combos, so we will chop often and be getting the right pot odds. If you fold AK what are you calling down with?

Sure there are other hands you lose too A2s, KJs, KK bit they wouldn't always play this way and on the other hand you beat airball bluffs and overplayed like KQ

Folding in Poker