BTN: 113.8 BB
Hero (SB): 219.9 BB
BB: 129.7 BB
UTG: 57.8 BB
MP: 100 BB
CO: 100 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to 2.5 BB, fold, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, CO raises to 22.8 BB, Hero calls 11.8 BB

GTO says I should raise all in - I find in reality, I lose in multi-way pots way more often with AKo in this situation as at NL10, I am either flipping to a pair, splitting with villains AK or dominated against AA, KK, but happy to hear people's thoughts on this.

Flop: (46.6 BB, 2 players) 4:club: J:spade: Q:diamond:
Hero bets 17.3 BB, CO calls 17.3 BB

C-Bet to try and win the pot here - but maybe too difficult multi-way?

Turn: (81.2 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets 59.9 BB and is all-in, fold

Easy fold - I my over cards may not be good and the gut-shot is too unlikely to make this a good call. Perhaps I should not have been in this hand by this point though?
CO wins 77.1 BB

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Why are you calling a 4 bet then donking? This makes no sense. You are going to be up against a very strong range, you are out of position and have missed the flop. I think you want to minimise your losses here, check flop and fold v big bet or call small one

S

SrMartis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Some months ago probably would be playing the same exactly as you.

1 - You're basically playing your AK as nuts, spending to many chips on that, don't stick to it.

If you think this guy is not 4betting enought I fold this hand.

2 - You're not Cbeting, you-re donkbetting bluffing, think about it. If he had AA, KK, QQ even JJ in this board he's simply not folding any of these hands.

Do you think this guy could be doing that with AK, AQ, or AJ, maybe TT, 99 ?

Put these hands in their range and you see you're losing most of the time.

After your donk bet what you think he could be foldind in this scenario, only TT and AK for example.

3 - You're not representing AA or KK, because with these you're probably 5betting right ?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Some months ago probably would be playing the same exactly as you.

1 - You're basically playing your AK as nuts, spending to many chips on that, don't stick to it.

If you think this guy is not 4betting enought I fold this hand.

2 - You're not Cbeting, you-re donkbetting bluffing, think about it. If he had AA, KK, QQ even JJ in this board he's simply not folding any of these hands.

Do you think this guy could be doing that with AK, AQ, or AJ, maybe TT, 99 ?

Put these hands in their range and you see you're losing most of the time.

After your donk bet what you think he could be foldind in this scenario, only TT and AK for example.

3 - You're not representing AA or KK, because with these you're probably 5betting right ?

Some good points.

Sometimes you just have to resist the urge to win every pot post-flop just because you are at the top of your range pre-flop.

And especially multiway of course.

If you choose to slowplay AK you often have to hit top pair or better or a very good draw before putting in more money multiway.

It's boring to give up but sometimes it's the most profitable move in the long run.

C

canbora

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 113.8 BB
Hero (SB): 219.9 BB
BB: 129.7 BB
UTG: 57.8 BB
MP: 100 BB
CO: 100 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

fold, fold, CO raises to 2.5 BB, fold, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, CO raises to 22.8 BB, Hero calls 11.8 BB

GTO says I should raise all in - I find in reality, I lose in multi-way pots way more often with AKo in this situation as at NL10, I am either flipping to a pair, splitting with villains AK or dominated against AA, KK, but happy to hear people's thoughts on this.

Hero checks, CO bets 59.9 BB and is all-in, fold

Easy fold - I my over cards may not be good and the gut-shot is too unlikely to make this a good call. Perhaps I should not have been in this hand by this point though?
CO wins 77.1 BB

I guess Ill go against the group ... or as it is that I'm interpreting it. But my personal cash game experiments so far conclude that in cash games you should play AK exactly as GTO says.

I justify this as......will you lose some? Yeah, of course. But you also have fold equity, You have to be the aggressor, and if you go all in, you want to do it preflop and "take the play out of it" and just roll for it. You may have hit your pair or your straight on the river. Is it a gamble, well yeah.... but according to GTO AK is in the top 4 hands. You never fold, its always raise, reraise, all in, call. I've found that this is true. The only hand that truly has AK in full trouble is AA, ... thats it. 1 hand. KK its a dog, but still alive. And every pair its a coin flop and any other two high cards are dominated.

Will you lose sometimes, of course. But more often than not youll win. You need to be properly bankrolled to handle this. My advice was you should have shoved all in.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

This is a fold preflop. AKo will hit top pair 20% of times give or take according to PowerEquiLAB or FlopZilla. We are going to miss our call preflop 4 times to hit one and this one time we hit we don't know if we are are ahed, because villain 4-bets and has a lot of KK and AA, even when we block it.
Check your HUD stats, most of times that we flat a 3-bet or a 4-bet preflop we are losing, it is a negative (-EV) action on the long run.
We might think about calling or shoving AKo on the same spot when villain is a total maniac loser and is spewing chips on the table making more 4-bets than it should.
It is a fold preflop.
We are not c-betting this flop, no matter what GTO wizards or magicians said. We are going to c-bet this flop when we are the preflop aggressor, which is not the case. When we have position. And when we have some fold equity behind it because we barely have a gutshot here.

We should've check-fold on the flop and now we are not doing anything. Our hand has poor equity and we called a 4-bet preflop which means we don't own JJ, QQ, KK and AA.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars