Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.05/$.10
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
I have QhQc on SB. UTG limps. CO raises to 30c. I make it $1.50. UTG folds CO calls.

2h3h4h flop.

I cbet $2. CO shoves about $7. I have to call a little short of $5 to win pot of $12. Is this ever a fold against a LAG?

I don't think he has KK or AA. He COULD be trying to trap preflop but I doubt it. Even if he had a set I would be about 33% against. If he already has a non A non K flush I would be about 31%. Of course if he had the nut or second nut flush then I am pretty much drawing dead. However, would he just shove all in with the nuts?

(Of course, I didn't know the exact percentages as I only had 10 secs to make a decision. I knew I would not be in horrible shape against a wide possible range for this villain. I found out after using an odds calculator.)

I put him on a medium PP and he's shoving with the overpair and possibly 1 heart. I believe he would do it with lets say 9c9h. He would also shove with some draw combo with perhaps an Ah.

I called.

Thumbs up or down on the call?

2d4d

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
3-bet is a bit on the large side, but depending on reads this can be ok for value.

Flop
You are drawing dead to an A or K high flush, but the SPR is so low here, that I think, you have to stack off especially with Q of hearts in your hand. Without that card I might be able to find a fold or not C-bet in the first place. I also think, jamming the flop kind of cap his range. There is no reason for the nut flush to do this, so I would expect to usually see hands like AX with A of hearts, that do it as a semibluff or lower pairs with a heart, that do it for protection. You are flipping with AX with A of hearts and crushing lower pairs, so for me this is a call, and its not even really a crying call.

Results
I was not expecting to see a hand like 42s. If his range is this wide, then the large 3-bet is fantastic. And while he had the best showdown value on the flop, you had a lot of outs, so it was basically a flip, and folding would have been a big mistake. Any heart, a Q or a board pair other than the 4 or 2 gives you the winner, so you had a very strong draw.

C

canbora

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way I look at this section of the forums, is if the hand is here then it wasn't an easy situation. LOL

It's a hard decision. But I'm going to go with my gut. I say fold....now lol... Because it's easy to be an armchair quarterback. It would be very likely for a person to do this with Ace x or King x or with 56 offsuit or A5 offsuit. (with either A or 5 a heart also)

But if I were you I probably would have called. You have the third highest heart and an over pair and why oh why would this person do that with anything else? That you don't have a strong potential chance to beat?

The only hand I can think of is if they had two small hearts and they were afraid of you having a higher heart and catching a fourth heart.

I saw the spoiler. I think you just have to accept that. They got lucky

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes the guy is very loose so I knew he was likely gonna call the 3bet. In hindsight I shd have gone even bigger.

I turned out to be a 51 to 47 fav on the all in. 2% tie (in the event of a str flush I guess)

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
With the Qh I call here, as the lot odds are too good. But you kind of got yourself into a mess by 3betting then cbetting so large. A 4x 3bet would be fine and then cbetting can be very small on monotone boards, as it is harder to defend, e.g. 77 no heart will have to call etc.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In these stakes you can choose a better place. You're not going to have the best hand often enough. Unless you have a lot of information about the villain.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have QhQc on SB. UTG limps. CO raises to 30c. I make it $1.50. UTG folds CO calls.

2h3h4h flop.

I cbet $2. CO shoves about $7. I have to call a little short of $5 to win pot of $12. Is this ever a fold against a LAG?

I don't think he has KK or AA. He COULD be trying to trap preflop but I doubt it. Even if he had a set I would be about 33% against. If he already has a non A non K flush I would be about 31%. Of course if he had the nut or second nut flush then I am pretty much drawing dead. However, would he just shove all in with the nuts?

(Of course, I didn't know the exact percentages as I only had 10 secs to make a decision. I knew I would not be in horrible shape against a wide possible range for this villain. I found out after using an odds calculator.)

I put him on a medium PP and he's shoving with the overpair and possibly 1 heart. I believe he would do it with lets say 9c9h. He would also shove with some draw combo with perhaps an Ah.

I called.

Thumbs up or down on the call?

2d4d
Thumbs up here. We are going given SPR. If it happens that villain has us, good for it. No way we are folding here.