BTN: 143.9 BB
SB: 100.5 BB
BB: 104.9 BB
Hero (UTG): 96 BB
MP: 74.1 BB
CO: 233.3 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:spade: A:spade:

Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, BTN raises to 6.2 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 3.7 BB

I think this is a standard raise/call the 3Bet with this hand

Flop: (13.9 BB, 2 players) K:heart: 8:diamond: J:spade:
Hero checks, BTN checks

Being OOP and with villain having the nut advantage, happy to check this over

Turn: (13.9 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
Hero bets 9.1 BB, BTN calls 9.1 BB

Pick up equity so a reasonable 66% Pot I think - happy to hear if this should be a different size here

River: (32.1 BB, 2 players) J:heart:
Hero bets 21.1 BB, BTN calls 21.1 BB

Not loving the Jack on the river, but I am attempting a block bet, which is too big - I am aware I have over played this hand and should probably check/fold.
My question is with the A in my hand, if I check and face a bet, should I consider calling in this spot? I think villain actually has too many nutted hands to make a bet or a check/call

Hero shows T:spade: A:spade: (Two Pair, Jacks and Eights)
(Pre 33%, Flop 24%, Turn 25%)
BTN shows Q:heart: Q:diamond: (Two Pair, Queens and Jacks)
(Pre 67%, Flop 76%, Turn 75%)
BTN wins 70.6 BB

Let me know your thoughts on this

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 143.9 BB
SB: 100.5 BB
BB: 104.9 BB
Hero (UTG): 96 BB
MP: 74.1 BB
CO: 233.3 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:spade: A:spade:

Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, BTN raises to 6.2 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 3.7 BB

I think this is a standard raise/call the 3Bet with this hand

Flop: (13.9 BB, 2 players) K:heart: 8:diamond: J:spade:
Hero checks, BTN checks

Being OOP and with villain having the nut advantage, happy to check this over

Turn: (13.9 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
Hero bets 9.1 BB, BTN calls 9.1 BB

Pick up equity so a reasonable 66% Pot I think - happy to hear if this should be a different size here

River: (32.1 BB, 2 players) J:heart:
Hero bets 21.1 BB, BTN calls 21.1 BB

Not loving the Jack on the river, but I am attempting a block bet, which is too big - I am aware I have over played this hand and should probably check/fold.
My question is with the A in my hand, if I check and face a bet, should I consider calling in this spot? I think villain actually has too many nutted hands to make a bet or a check/call

Hero shows T:spade: A:spade: (Two Pair, Jacks and Eights)
(Pre 33%, Flop 24%, Turn 25%)
BTN shows Q:heart: Q:diamond: (Two Pair, Queens and Jacks)
(Pre 67%, Flop 76%, Turn 75%)
BTN wins 70.6 BB

Let me know your thoughts on this
This hand was well played preflop, flop and turn but on the river you should’ve check-folded. When you made your block bet you are representing some Kx, Jx, and this is cool and good. However, at these limits players will simply call with whatever they have, even AQo because they think you gave such a good odds for them.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think a smaller bet size leading out the turn could have still accomplished your goal. Maybe 1/2 pot or slightly more. I can see why you're asking about this hand, it's very tricky, and there's really no straightforward response. More information on the villain could possible change the way we play. On the river, I can see thinking the ace is good with two pair on the board but I don't feel like the villain would fold anything that beats us or call with anything we beat. May be best to check on the river and consider call/folding based on your opponents action.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think your line preflop, flop and turn is fine. When villain checks back flop he caps his range and is unlikely to have a very strong hand. Assuming he is decent then this would include weaker Kx, lots of Jx and pocket pairs. The turn bet is good as it puts alot of pressure on TT, 99 and even weaker Jx ( though I would expect most Jx to call). If villain has AQ he might play this way too and fold turn, and give ups like 65s, 76s should instafold (apart from spade combos).

The river card is really bad, as villain has loads of Jx with this line that is now the nuts. Also your turn bet was really representing Kx which has been significantly downgraded, so your big size doesnt make sense. I think you need to check here and likely folding to a bet, though you do have a bluffcatcher so could consider calling. Obviously on a different river card I think its fine to follow through with the bluff (though you may get called by QQ and Jx anyway, depending how sticky villain is)