Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.05/$.10
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
HJ opens 3x(stationy rec) BTN( rec )+SB Calls so we flat preflop. I think we should always raise here, but what size? I picked $2 and when SB chooses to raise what should we do? is there merit to calling on the flop, and raising if BTN/HJ raise and sb calls/folds or folding if SB raises as he can have 77/better 8x(8Js+fd)?

Last edited:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is definitely a raise spot with this many opponents in the hand and the bet already made is that small. We want to protect our hand but also build a pot and create value for this street and future streets. Sixing of $2 seems like hitting the nail on the head imo but I think it should be at least $1.60 and probably no larger than $2.40 unless you know there are some stations at the table. $2 just seems like a logical bet since it is 4x over the initial better plus an extra 1 for the caller.

Your question regarding if SB raises, is that asking if SB raises the 40 cent bet before it gets to you or are you asking if SB raises our $2 bet? If it is that we bet $2 and then they raise us then (unless we have a history with them and they believe we raise any flush draw) my thinking would be they also have 8x which we are splitting with (beating 6, losing to 5, chopping to 1 without getting technical with combos) and then it comes down to how loose SB is since if they are not that loose then they will not overcall the HJ raise with 82, 83, 84 anywhere near as much as they would with A8 or K8. If the question is regarding what if SB raises the 40 cent bet before our action then what do we do? I think I would be raising that bet since even though we have a value hand right now the board is wet and I would be too scared (whether that is right or wrong is definitely debatable) to just call and then have the two others call as well based on price and then set ourselves up to be potentially drawn out on.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Agree with 300 on this one. In this scenario, I think your screen name will help you get paid off. :ROFLMAO:

I would fold this one preflop, though. You don't see flops like this often enough. The rake is too damn high!

zaxxorr

zaxxorr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree with 300 on this one. In this scenario, I think your screen name will help you get paid off. :ROFLMAO:

I would fold this one preflop, though. You don't see flops like this often enough. The rake is too damn high!
Makes sense, with reverse implied odds and no flop no drop rake system i think folding preflop is great. especially when i got raised by 77 from the sb and lost my stack lol
This is definitely a raise spot with this many opponents in the hand and the bet already made is that small. We want to protect our hand but also build a pot and create value for this street and future streets. Sixing of $2 seems like hitting the nail on the head imo but I think it should be at least $1.60 and probably no larger than $2.40 unless you know there are some stations at the table. $2 just seems like a logical bet since it is 4x over the initial better plus an extra 1 for the caller.

Your question regarding if SB raises, is that asking if SB raises the 40 cent bet before it gets to you or are you asking if SB raises our $2 bet? If it is that we bet $2 and then they raise us then (unless we have a history with them and they believe we raise any flush draw) my thinking would be they also have 8x which we are splitting with (beating 6, losing to 5, chopping to 1 without getting technical with combos) and then it comes down to how loose SB is since if they are not that loose then they will not overcall the HJ raise with 82, 83, 84 anywhere near as much as they would with A8 or K8. If the question is regarding what if SB raises the 40 cent bet before our action then what do we do? I think I would be raising that bet since even though we have a value hand right now the board is wet and I would be too scared (whether that is right or wrong is definitely debatable) to just call and then have the two others call as well based on price and then set ourselves up to be potentially drawn out on.
Thanks for the response! Yes I was referring to if SB raises over top of us, they did and had 77. I think folding preflop here is good to avoid spots like this...