Poker Pro's Charred Body Found in Michigan Park

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unbelievable, such a horrible thing to happen, and the way it happened is even worse if that could be.

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Another sad case of violence against women - likely from some misogynist who couldn't handle losing money to her playing poker.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another sad case of violence against women - likely from some misogynist who couldn't handle losing money to her playing poker.

Terrible that this happened, and what you said definitely does take place too often in the world, but don't you think it's irresponsible to speculate like that? Lets get the facts instead of making our own. RIP Suzy...by all accounts a good person.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Tragic and horrifying.

Hope they catch whoever is responsible.

Thoughts go out to her family, friends and loved ones.

RIP.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They have found a suspect and hope to find out what happen if he is the one just burn him alive.

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does violence not happen to men?
Or somehow is that different in your eyes?
Why do people always look for sexism or at race. Most of the time its as simple as money

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We'll find out what happened eventually, no point in speculating or coming up with theories. Her murder may have not even been poker-related at all. Glad they made some progress on the case.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is really sad - I know some of her friends and acquaintances.

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Does violence not happen to men?
Or somehow is that different in your eyes?
Why do people always look for sexism or at race. Most of the time its as simple as money

I don't really think it is a debate that women are far more likely to be a victim of violence than are men. Of course violence happens to men as well and it is equally unacceptable but I'm highly doubtful this violent crime was perpetrated by a women....and they already have a male suspect arrested....what a shock.

Just to clue you in a bit to this problem, here's some stats regarding violence against women here in canada.
  1. 7 in 10 people who experience family violence are women and girls.
  2. Women are about 4 times as likely as men to be victims of intimate partner homicide.
  3. In 2008 women were 10 times more likely than men to be the victim of a police-reported sexual assault.
  4. In terms of domestic violence, some self-reported research shows men are almost as likely as women to experience it. Although some people claim that men are too embarrassed to admit a woman has abused them, the reverse is actually true: in self-reported research, men tend to over-estimate their partner’s violence while under-estimating their own. At the same time, women over-estimate their own violence and under-estimate their partner’s which explains why self-reported research often shows similar levels of violence by men and women, even though plenty of other research clearly shows that women are disproportionately the victim.
  5. Men are more likely to initiate violence, while women are more likely to use violence in self-defence.
  6. While most men are not abusive to their families when family violence does occur, the victims are overwhelmingly women:
    1. Women are twice as likely as men to be victims of family violence.
    2. Women who experience spousal violence are more likely to endure extreme forms assault including choking, beating, being threatened with a knife or gun, and sexual violence.
    3. About 80% of victims of dating violence are women.
    4. Girls are 1.5 times more likely than boys to experience violence at home.
So lets get a grip here...any violence against anyone is clearly a problem but violence against women is easily the bigger slice of the violence pie than violence against men.

S

saulgood4me

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone be safe out there.

Remember, it's not safe to carry large amounts of money in public. This has been a concern for poker pros for many years.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We'll find out what happened eventually, no point in speculating or coming up with theories. Her murder may have not even been poker-related at all. Glad they made some progress on the case.

My thoughts when I heard responses to the murder too. First and foremost, I hope the family and friends have comfort/justice for this tragedy.

Also, as someone who was born in Michigan, this story feels a bit "close to home" as they say. Generally speaking, Michigan is a fairly safe state of the United States; but I guess danger can strike anywhere.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Pleased to read the FBI is involved in the investigation.

I hope those involved are brought to justice asap.

Y

yuurepoer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a sick bastard! :mad:

Hope they treat him "well" in prison..

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Our world has a lot of changing to do. :mad: :motz: :( :thumpdown

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The murder looks very ruthless. The body was left where ordinary people would have found it. Jeffrey Bernard Morris has been accused of many crimes before. A homeless maniac allegedly accidentally meets a poker player and gives her a ride. But maybe he's covering for others and the murder story is very deep.

mickathyus

mickathyus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She was such a good player and person