When would you fold AA preflop

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all, just wondering when, or if, you would consider laying down AA preflop?

I think I would if there were 3 or 4 all ins ahead of me and I didn’t have a large stack nor was I short. After one or two opponents AA I feel isn’t super strong. Even if you were against 3 or 4 lower starting pairs, there’s a good chance one of them will hit (about 20% each).

I think I would rather have suited connectors if I’m in a multi all in pot.

Thoughts?

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never fold AA pre-flop! Top hand.. Is dominating any other hand

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is the best hand preflop no matter how many all-ins there are. If you play every hand thinking that it could be beat post flop then how will you ever play any hand? Any hand can lose against 1 or 8 opponents and all you can do is play the hand as +EV as possible. Shoving AA into a multiway pot preflop is +EV regardless of the outcome and that makes it an easy call. Even if you lose the hand you made a play that would be, in the long run, a great play. If you're going to play poker you need to not be so result orientated and focusing on what could happen

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the way WPN has been playing it for ACTION lately. Im thinking of dropping AA KK QQ and just play the crap hands that kill the flop. I swear lately its the big hands destroying me in games in the dumbest scenerios that only WPN woulld set up

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm only folding AA on the bubble of a satellite or DoN when there are short stacks and I have plenty of chips. If I'm the short stack then it's going in.

Cash games or tournaments, I'm never folding.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never ever in my life fold Aces preflop if I lose I can live with myself knowing I played the hand correctly and eventually the variance will balance itself out in my favor so short answer is NEVER ��

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its mostly an icm issue, bubble of a don, or bubble of a huge money jump, etc. But very rarely should you ever fold AA preflop.

R

RounderRob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When 2 or more players, AA will most likely get cracked by 2pr or st8 at the least.

L

LuigiBros03

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
never fold AA pre flop, if I see many limps you must be very strong to isolate and only the marginal players or those who can have a good postflop will pay but you will still dominate and accumulate a good pot

cash123

cash123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on the position you should think if it really is viable to go all in, buton with only SB eBB to put must 3bet to participate in the hands, and not to receive fold from the whole table!

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The AA theme drives everyone crazy. But I go for the book and the old school and I will continue playing and betting so lose because for me it is a magnificent hand ...!

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fully agree with you, young man. With AA although we have an advantage over pre-flop, post-flop opponents the game changes considerably and what was favorite in most months becomes a mediocre and no longer a favorite hand. In the long run, you can see that playing cautiously is going to get good results and folding most of the time is the best move. More against several opponents, against an opponent only, I drop the bomb myself, without fear of being happy, allin, allin, allin ...

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only correct time: In a satellite where you have a stack that can fold into the $$ always.

Rest of time: Always get in AA!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There is no place that I will fold pocket aces preflop in a tournament or cash game. If it was the bubble of a satellite tournament and there was several stack shorter than me I may think about folding the hand preflop but other than that type of situation I cant see your folding them.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I get what you are all saying here.

Even if 5 people go all in with me, I am getting 5:1 on my money and the odds of winning will always be higher even though I’d probably be less than 50% to win.

Is that right?

T

THQ01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There's definitely scenarios where one ought to be folding pocket aces pre flop. These situations are so rare the are barely worth mentioning but obviously if lots of players go all in before you and it's a satellite or bubble of a high value tournament and you'd have to risk your tournament life then it would be wise to fold.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
By mistake in the rush, I may have folded AA pre, several times.

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I can think of is if there were more than 2 people all in before me, so that I'm guaranteed to be up against more than 2 opponents.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The very first hand with a big buy in tourney, with a few all ins in front of me.
Most times I will play them, I do hate getting them at times. Love them most of the time.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never fold AA preflop. The best odds any other hand would have against it is 20%. No way I'm gonna fold for that good of odds. If you won't play aces what will you play?

Folding in Poker