bet or fold

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two away from the money. Will be blinded out next time blinds hit which is three hands away. I have pocket QQ. One player goes all in and has me covered, Call or fold???

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to get into the prize zone then fold, and if you want to get to the first place then call. It looks a little weird, but it is. It's poker, he is )).

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in that situation I probably call without a moments hesitation. In a lot of cases my opponent probably puts me all in with any two cards and I might not get a better hand if I wait around so for me its an easy call I'm going all in. If I lose well thats poker but I wouldn't feel bad about my play there if I called all in with pocket Queens being short stacked late in the tourney.

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the size of the tournament, what are the limits. In percentage ratio of course call, but this will be rather on fortune in this moment, so as have player can be A with any picture or, if lucky petty couple, that navryatli

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think would call with worse in a situation you've described. probably with TT+ AQ+, would jam if im first to act with even worse.

You already know that the decision was good, my guess is that you've lost the hand and now you're questioning yourself ;)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on several factors. the question that I ask myself first, is I need to win this spot to be ITM? because I always aim to reach the places to pay and I try to follow a strategy to achieve this goal. but if I have information about my opponent that encourages me to pay him. I call because QQ is a good hand with which we can take risks.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CALL

Knowing you will be blinded out the next hand I would call. Hard to say what next hand would bring but with pocket Q's no doubt would I call. Beats being taken out next hand with the blinds and being dealt say 4-7 LOL

Good Luck !

C

coolcukes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call

Two away from the money. Will be blinded out next time blinds hit which is three hands away. I have pocket QQ. One player goes all in and has me covered, Call or fold???

In my opinion given you are about to blind out you should call and hope luck is on your side. Congrats for making it that far - question - are you familiar with that players strategy? What was your gut feeling as far as knowing whether to go for it - have you had luck throughout that tournament. Those are the things I think about in your situation. By the way - what did you do?

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely call, you gotta double up and I dont think your getting anything better than QQ

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tough spot to be in but shortstacked and almost blinded out I say go with it
go out at least its with a chance not blinded out
go out like a champ or double up

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Several factors need to be considered here. Are you sure to make the money, before you get hit by the blinds? If its a very large field, probably yes, if its a smaller field perhaps no. If folding will 100% get you in the money, it can be a valid option, when your stack is this short. But if you are going to get hit by the blinds before cashing a very non zero percentage of the time, even if you fold, then for sure go with this hand rather than some random crap, you are dealt in the blinds.

It depends also, what is the average stack size of the other players. If its a turbo, and everyone is short, then calling and winning will put you in a position, where you have at least some chance to run deep, and then that is probably more important than just mini-cashing. But if calling and winning will still leave you with a way below average stack size and literally no chance to run deep, it can be fine to just go after a mini-cash.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way to fold and just to be in that situation is that I know the player and have the information that is very tight so that I believe that his all-in is with AA, KK or AK is the only way, if it is not that way would be an easy call

A

arie_0444

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call but depending upon the amount of cash maybe i would try to fold. For instance say you won a ticket to this tourney or you took a shot and the min cash is going to be a nice boost to your bankroll maybe you just try to cash but it most cases i would call.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call, you could try to use timebank and all the time you can to get into the money.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ is a monster. Against one opponent 62% to win. I CALL

L

Liru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Will always call the oponente might have one ace or a low
pocket pair, to me im always ahead.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call for sure, I have had great luck with QQ!!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a good hand to call. Not always premium hand wins allin , but if you do not play with such hands, you will not reach first place. This is poker and you need to risk with a good card.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call and go for the win. It's just one tournament.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wait for such cards for 4-5 hours to play. Are you still in doubt?

Ш

Шахрухбек

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call would be better choice.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Difficult.

It's a difficult question, in many situations I end up making the wrong decision, and when I analyze my game, where the correct move is to fold, and sometimes I have odds to call, I end up folding.
Poker is a very difficult game, I am studying a lot and it is notorious my evolution.
I'm very happy I cracked a freeroll tournament with 924 players in the fild, and I was 2nd in a micro Mtt with 457 in the fild. I won $ 41.00, for a short time did not even know the classification of the hands.

It's a matter of dedication, if you study, if you train, it will not be long before you can start a few tournaments.
I started playing poker in 2018.

Folding in Poker