Your best advice

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello people! It occurred to me that it would be interesting to open a thread where each one writes an advice, the one that has helped him most. It does not matter that it is something very typical or obvious (which for some people is obvious to others not). The only condition is that it is only one, and if possible not repeated. I start:

-Don't play big pots with marginal hands.

As I said, it is obvious to many, but it helped me a lot at the beginning. Well, I hope yours. And remember, only one!

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play within your Bankroll.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do not risk ... cold head is one of the most important qualities ... know how to stop in time !!!:cool:

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to dont tilt tilt destroy everything

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t feel committed

even if you have put a large amount of chips in the pot remember you are never committed if you still have chips left.

A lot of people bust out because they committed but if you are sure you are beat then why commit to an inevitable loss?

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool idea! Here's mine:

In an SNG or cash game, table selection is the single biggest factor in how much you'll win or lose playing it.

D

deuces9ers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the advice is purely self

To me playing poker has always been something I've approached the same way I've approached any challenges I've fortaken in all aspects of life. As long as you know you approach the game and play it the way you know you should, have, and want to approach it then win, lose, or dirty river beat doesn't matter. BECAUSE YOU DID YOUR BEST AND ONLY ALLOWED THE SOMETIMES ROTTEN LUCK OF THE MATH DEFEAT YOU. As long as you didn't defeat yourself or let anxiousness or boredom play you game for ya then I guarantee overall you will perform and be rewarded as a professional. Hope this makes sense and hooe you think of just playing your best. The rest is up to fate. I got beat pre flop all ins twice yesterday me having QQs or better and them having either 7/2 or 7/3. Both times they hit straights. No way in hell id ever be upset about losing a hand that 8 out of 10 times I'm going to stomp. That's the way ya have to look at it. It's not the crap they just miracled on ya. It's the next 8 that ya realize this is RIGHT. And I am a better player. Good luck to all

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Keep calm and be patient, wait your your chance to win, analyze how people play and properly manage your bank, enjoy your game.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice is to just work and earn stable money:cool:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
play carefully and do not put a lot of chips in the bank with small pores - it is not profitable !!!

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool idea! Here's mine:

In an SNG or cash game, table selection is the single biggest factor in how much you'll win or lose playing it.

That is very interesting advice. What would you consider when selecting a SnG table?

V

vini127

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always re think the actions that happend in the hand to make the best possible decision

F

Freestylah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone who keeps folding will never win a tournament

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just keep smiling, it's never as bad as you think... It's just money, don't take any thing too seriously... Player!!!

Never Ever Ever get a "God" Complex (Inflated Ego) because you've nailed the last ten hands... It's very likely you'll be screaming "Oh God Why!!" a few hands later...

Always make time for your supporters... Phil Hellmuth I admire very much just because he still has time to like comments I've made to his Tweets... Ghosting people is easy and thoughtless, when you take time to respond to a "hello", "Hey" or "Hiya" with a smile, gesture and even a nice verbal response back, it lifts every ones spirits, lightens their lives and adds EV to us all...

What ever you are doing, do it with a smile... :reddy::D

Last edited:
Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not rely on a couple of cards (even the top). It's just one pair.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not have high hopes for a big win in poker, otherwise you will be very disappointed. Rejoice at any victory at the table.

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that we have to learn folding Aces and Kings sometimes before ITM.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
My best advice is to drink 1 beer 10 min before each tournament.