When Do You Look at Your Cards?

Fratchen

Fratchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In live tournaments I would always look at my cards when it is my turn.

M

matiascecci1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but if u see your cards in your turn, all of they can watch you.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i try to look at the villans that act ahead of me

phazeds

phazeds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at mine right away but when im alert I try to watch others look at theirs to try to pick up on reads.

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When do you look at your cards?

in the beginning I watch the reaction of the players after watching their cards.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The time to look at your cards is the time when you gain maximum advantage or edge from looking at them at that time. As discussed, players miss out on a whole load of information by immediately diving to look at their own cards as soon as they are dealt. use this time to watch those people that do exactly that and give yourself an even bigger edge!

warface

warface

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker and live poker are two big differences, there comes to the self-control plan and the discipline of its nervous emotion, behavior.

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Their cards always have time to look. It is better to study the reaction of competitors. The knowledge of human psychology in poker is very important

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually wait until its my time, very rarely i will mix it up and look in the bb i will look

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for your turn. I try to make eye contact so people know I have not seen my cards, just a personal opinion it helps eliminates the limp, and bluff.

M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch first my teammates and then I look at my cards. I do not wait until my turn.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i look at my cards when i get them.. i dont pay attention to other while they look at theyr card when its still many player at the table axcept its heads up or 3 player left at the table.. start to read when theyr start to act or make decision...

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I look at my cards when it is my turn.

M

Mahsa dMo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at my cards when it is my turn.

Don't you think that slows the game? Are people happy about that? I always think about doing that but it kinda feels it is not fair to others.

M

Mahsa dMo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I look at them when I get them. I know it is not recommended but I just do it because I don't think I get any valuable info by looking at the others. Physical tells are sooooo subjective.

M

Mahsa dMo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would always look at it when it is my turn.
:D

Have you gotten any comments about that? Like people being unhappy or thinking that you are stalling or slowing down the game?

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably more correct to wait, but I don't have enough patience for it )

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I look immediately once both cards are dealt, its a good point that you miss player reactions.. id rather that than have the table staring me down.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see them immediately and then I do not touch them again, you have to have a good memory!

P

parks124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at my cards right away. I like to have as much time as I can to look at my cards and make my decisions, but I think I'll try it your way to see if I get any benefits from that.

H

Ham101

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've alway heard to watch your opponents look first. Never thought much more about it. Some interesting thoughts on this thread though!
I will definitely start to switch things up a bit more depending on who I'm I against.

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at the cards, right after distribution. And then during the game I watch actions, other players!

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you gotten any comments about that? Like people being unhappy or thinking that you are stalling or slowing down the game?

Why would they? It only takes max 5 seconds to look at your cards.

Besides you don't give away any information before it's your turn, so yeah I would wait till it's my turn as well.

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait.
What's the hurry?
The reaction on his opponent's cards and the speed of his actions tells a lot.
Am I right?

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think first you need to see emotion of you opponents and you cards will wait you))