Rather lose with good or bad call?

L

lintsikka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally i don't mind if i lose with bad call/mistake from myself (at least from that i can learn) but it takes me over the moon to lose to 1-3 out bad beats. But i have read that others beg differ... how about you?

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take risks only when I am sure that my decision will be the most correct and optimal. No one is safe from mistakes, but poker is not bingo. I just try to play right and always enjoy the game.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, poker is not a bingo. But a bit of luck plays an important role here! You can play all the time correctly and lose all the time. How to deal with this?

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lose with bad call , because when you know that you are loosing , but for example you had paid until turn , thete is no sence not to see from which hand are you loosing.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody likes to lose! :) But if I really have to, let it be a bad call. We all make mistakes, and that’s normal. It's just harder to bear when the decision was right, as far as ours is concerned.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to put my stack at risk with little chance of winning..

I need to be above 80% i have the best hand

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In bad bits there is nothing neither bad nor good, in terms of "extra" wins or losses. When I suffer from another bad beat, in fact, I simply return those "surpluses" that I undeservedly received as a favorite. It is more painful to lose due to a bad game or a bad stake, so you can lose your game and get into tilt

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally i don't mind if i lose with bad call/mistake from myself (at least from that i can learn) but it takes me over the moon to lose to 1-3 out bad beats. But i have read that others beg differ... how about you?

I would rather win with a bad call and good call. :aetsch:

M

mycannon223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would much rather lose with a bad call. I know that I'm the underdog. If I have A A and I lose all in then it can be frustrating to say the least.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think we all try to make the best decisions that we think are good, but they are really not.

I think that you can learn from both "good" and "bad" calls.

I've learned that it's best not to go all-in with someone who has more chips than you, unless you have the nuts, no matter how good you think your decision is. If you lose, you're gone. If you don't play your decision, you're still in the game.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning and Losing

Losing with the best hand to the lesser hand before the flop or even after the flop is just part of the game. Having pocket aces vs 7-8 preflop is a big advantage, but sometimes things just don't work out. It's a game of odds at times.

L

lintsikka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would rather win with a bad call and good call. :aetsch:

Moneywise it would be perfect put playing would be rather boring then. I won't make any big bucks ever (there are easier ways like sports betting) so half the charm of playing poker, for me at least, is try to play better than opponent :)

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would much rather lose from a good call. At least the loss is somewhat softened by the fact that my play was correct.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Loosing is loosing, and nobody likes it. However, if I played correctly and lost, I dont really get upset- Of course , loosing to a 1 outer on the river gets on everyones nerves.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad does not happen. and with good things it so becomes unpleasant. I don’t even know which is better.

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like we are always learning, no matter how long you play poker... The biggest mistake is to assume that you are flawless... You know that isn't true..
Don't bother taking wrong decisions, it's all part of the learning process.. and even if you lose after taking the right decision, be happy! Few people do this and that's what will take you to the next level
Always play smart before anything

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i made mistake i try to learn from it and adjust my game. If it is just bad beat i continue forward. It is part of the game.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can spend a lot of time discussing complex concepts that are now in vogue, but the most successful poker players most often rely on simple, long-tested tactics that have shown their profitability in the past.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it doesnt matter if i lose a huge favorite or as an underdog, its still the same thing, for the most part.

but, when i lose a hand as a huge favorite, i'm still winning in the long run.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad beats are part of the game, if I make a bad play I expect to loose, my bad. If I learn from my mistakes, well that is what I am here for. If I do not learn from my mistakes, that's on me.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer lose with a bad call for sure, because that was my fault and I think ok, I deserved. :D

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to be unhappy either way and there's not a lot in it. Probably the only time i'm going to be OK with the situation is when I bet or call an all in which I know to have a lot less than 50% equity but is a correct call because of the odds I'm getting - given I already expect to lose AND am making a correct decision, I'm cool with going out that way.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Loosing with bad calls makes me feel more uncomfortable than loosing with good calls. When an opponent made a good call, that's fine, he played well and he deserved it. Although I still think we have to stay calm with loosing with bad beats. I remember that I played a tournament last week. When I have JJ against an opponent at big blinds, my image was very tight and the tour is on the bubble. He called and the board was 982. I make a CBet then he raised me. The pot was too high so I pushed all in. And he called me with A9 and won the pot when the river turned an A. After that loss, I just had about 5bb left. Fortunately, I manage to survive, got into the money, and finish 2nd. So just staying calm and never giving up are always keys to success.

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Nobody likes to lose! :) But if I really have to, let it be a bad call. We all make mistakes, and that’s normal. It's just harder to bear when the decision was right, as far as ours is concerned.

I would much rather lose with a bad call. I know that I'm the underdog. If I have A A and I lose all in then it can be frustrating to say the least.
If I make a mistake I can deal with that. Hopefully I can learn, or at least understand what was in my control and own my action.

I get really pissed off when people who play like donks get routinely rewarded for their terrible calls with gifts on the river. That shit makes me crazy.