Pot Odds practice / trainer

W

William Martin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey

Does anyone know of either a website or computer programe that you can use to practice calculating pot odds. Kind of like the begginer poker trainers where they display the board and you read it and then it displays an answer

So kind of, displaying 2 hole cards, then dealing a flop, then asking you what your odds are of hitting an open ended straight and then correct or incorrect. You get the picture.

My maths is shocking and the best way is to practice like this for me, without the pressure of a game.

Anybody suggest any sites or programmes?.

Martin

G

gopnik885

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you don't really need this, if after flop u got 4 cards and open str8, u just got to make easy math 8 out *2 *2 cards = 32%
if u got 4 cards after flop to a flush u got to make 9*2*2= 36%
its preety easy

A

ajight

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's necessary to calculate the odds, but rather, recognize the possibilities of the outs and determine, through approximation, the possibility for you to hit that hand.
then you'd be dealing with simple manageable fractions.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure of any programs like this, although I know poker office has a built in odds calculator, but I dont recommend buying this software because it is pretty much outdated and they wont be adding any new features.

I pretty much use the method gopnik mentions, and it's pretty easy to do it on the fly.

outs x 2= % chance of hitting your draw on the next card
outs x 4=% chance with 2 cards to come
This is an approximation although the percentages will be close enough to serve your purpose.

I'd suggest going on to the free money fixed limit tables and just play every hand to practice and get it down.

Harthgrepa

Harthgrepa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't found anything like this either. You can always grab a deck of cards and just deal two hole cards and a flop, or even a couple of imaginary opponents and the flop and calculate for each.

~H

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey

Does anyone know of either a website or computer programe that you can use to practice calculating pot odds. Kind of like the begginer poker trainers where they display the board and you read it and then it displays an answer

So kind of, displaying 2 hole cards, then dealing a flop, then asking you what your odds are of hitting an open ended straight and then correct or incorrect. You get the picture.

My maths is shocking and the best way is to practice like this for me, without the pressure of a game.

Anybody suggest any sites or programmes?.

Martin

partypoker.com

Sign up and click on in the main lobby, scroll down a bit to 'play money games' (that's all you can do as a US player anyway, but you can probably deposit). Anyway, right under it, you'll see the poker trainer. You choose how many people you want at the table, and beginner, int, or advanced. It gives you 'hand value' and 'pot odds' preflop. Postflop, it also gives you 'potential' percentage.

Don't know how useful it is, but it's free, and you're playing bots, so take your time. And it also has a fast forward button so if you're not in a hand, it goes by fast.

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator