Poker and responsibility over your life

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing poker does not just require skills but a huge responsibility. you should always be aware you are walking on the edge you are playing with fire it is money involved, you should take full control over your bankroll and play at the table that the stake is right for you.
poker is for players with patience and goals in the long run not just players who want to be rich over a night. play responsible for your life saving and money

if you can't handle that if you are not unable to manage that trust me sooner or later you will go broke

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Keeping the savings for the bills apart of the game is the main thing. Also treating your poker/bankroll like a business.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, need to have a pretty decent experience so as not to lose everything, and have the necessary qualities to lead sports discipline, not to get hot, not to rush and play all the time according to the bankroll. All this is quite possible to comprehend, but at the same time you should never relax until you withdraw the earned money from the game

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing in poker is DISCIPLINE the management of your bankroll, to avoid all that we must learn to control the tilt and the anxieties of wanting to obtain very fast results, the anxiety of wanting to win all the hands and all the pots we must learn to know how to fold which is the true essence of poker reading, learning all this requires a lot of study and practice. Personally, I am trying to control the anxiety in the game, I usually make mistakes of making very fast decisions sometimes.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
agree with the topicstarter
poker is patience, gambling addiction can lead to big problems

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very important point and I think it is difficult to achieve for many players at the beginning.
It covers many things, setting priorities, in what times and for how much time will dedicate to poker and other things. Of course, bankroll management is important to know the limits in which you can play.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with you. I also believe that poker is promising only for patient and pragmatic players who are willing to work for many years to achieve their goals. And although sometimes I also lack patience, but every time, I still become more patient and disciplined.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After playing for so many years I learned that patience and bankroll management are very important to be successful, but it’s not easy to develop these skills.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely agree. I believe that lack of patience is the main reason for losing bankroll and frustration. If you do not have enough patience then it is better to find another hobby.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is one of those games that you have to be comfortable with losing. I get that no one likes to lose and that we should all play with the mindset to win, but when losses happen, you have to be willing to accept that.

I find most players lose the most money while trying to chase a loss to get even. You make poor decisions hoping for a quick score and break your bank roll rules. These are the times it is the hardest but most important to stay disciplined.

joaquinvd

joaquinvd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my experience

The bankroll is very important, I did not know that 2 3 years ago and after arriving from work I remember that I played poker for money, playing super expensive tables, I lost a lot of money in a month almost the entire month that I had been working, you have to be careful with what they have just started, now if after studying I have a little left to get out of the deficit and be positive. GLGLG

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you realise you cant handle the responsability
Then stop playing poker
And go get a real job and spend your time more wisely
Its simple

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I generally believe that impatient and undisciplined people are doomed to fail both in poker and in their personal lives. Only our patience and our discipline give us a chance to succeed.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, that's for sure, the most important thing in poker is patience, I had such a streak a few days ago, I didn't have enough patience and started playing garbage cards aggressively, the result didn't take long to wait, a bad result, I lost 140$ and didn't have time to blink, it was almost all the money in the pokerroom cash register, 10$ left ((, well, I'll start over, I have a lot of patience :D

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree with the author! I also lost my bankroll more than once (though not big) because I didn't play for bankroll and because I wanted to win back (while increasing the limit) ...

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I guess you have to be realistic

W

Wilrey1775

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That is correct. Before you get involve in this world of card games. Ask yourself first if you posses these 3 important things.

1) Time - you need a decent time to play not just because the wife is away or parents are away. No no no, you need decent time free.

2) Extra Money - do you have EXTRA money?
Extra because this is the money after you paid your hydro( electric ) water, internet, phone bills, your life insurance, your retirement plan premium and also done a bit security savings( for incase of emergency) or unexpected expenses.

3) Discernment - playing poker is not just you know the game. You need to have a great perception and judge well. Great and quick calculation knowledge because you have to calculate your odds of winning and the risk or number of cards that has the capability to knock your hand down. Discernment, you also needs to easily understand your opponents moves so you will avoid something and you also know when to strike. Like in boxing you have to know your opponent very well to secure victory.

IF YOU DONE ALL THAT CHECKLIST THEN YOU ARE FREE TO GO

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A great truth brother, and how difficult it is making me to maintain that bank is impressive, although I start at zero with the freerolls I cannot stabilize my bank.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is gambling

Remember everyone, poker is gambling. If you are gambling with your bill money you may have a problem developing. As mentioned many times before you have to have patience and discipline.

Z

Stay Safe

P

Pokerbluffer123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes poker is gambling careful with own bank roll best is to play free rolls of satellites and enter 50-150 k main events

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You need to know how to differentiate between investing in a poker game and the need for money for your daily expenses. If you do not do this you may fail on both levels

O

oscarhuka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely agree with the vast majority of comments! And the best of all is to be able to read them and remember many of the recommendations that they contributed here !! ... because many times we believe we have a responsible game and we have forgotten the forecasts we took when we were newbies!.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only play with what you can afford to lose and take a look at BRM. In the long run, that will be the true test of time for what the OP stated.