Is poker, For Lazy people?

naitutreaba

naitutreaba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a bit stuck on this question,as i think,it is true! :)
Really curious what you guys think about this one

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lazy people are going to be losing players & losing players seldom stay around for long, unless of course they are simply to lazy to get up from the table. I would tend to disagree with you although I hope you are correct.

Techniquez

Techniquez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a race, n if ur endurance isn't there u'll lose...so no not for the lazy, the games lazy enuff to play!

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think this is an accurate assessment of poker players. Most of the top players are highly intelligent and spend hours upon hours studying. Not that intelligence has anything to do with laziness but I just disagree being a poker player means you are lazy. Quite the opposite actually in my opinion.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't think this is an accurate assessment of poker players. Most of the top players are highly intelligent and spend hours upon hours studying. Not that intelligence has anything to do with laziness but I just disagree being a poker player means you are lazy. Quite the opposite actually in my opinion.

Successful players anyway.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Do you mean that poker is easy?

Or playing poker is easy?

Not sure.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a very big mental game, so despite it lacking much athleticism or movement, I wouldn't say a lazy person would have much success in the game. You need strategy and to study your surrounding players, both of which take a large mental effort.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not at all, thats roullete, thats only luck, poker its not that at all.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gabe Kaplan said: poker players are notoriously lazy, for most of them doing laundry and going to the bank are tasks that cannot be tackled in the same day. However, I don't think Gabe was implying that being a successful poker player is easy.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lazy players = recreational players who are not poker educated and therefore lose in the long run. the so-called. The poker ecosystem needs these players the most because they make the most deposits.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Disagree

I really blve that poker is not for lazy people and it is not a lazy game it is very exausting and hard, just like when working in an office.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a very big mental game, so despite it lacking much athleticism or movement, I wouldn't say a lazy person would have much success in the game. You need strategy and to study your surrounding players, both of which take a large mental effort.

The physical athleticism is sitting still....

Just like in Luge...

And then you lean to the right or left to pick up some chips and throw them in the pot.

Good luck !

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously, you think so because you are a lazy person. I work 8-10 hours a day and when I have free time I play poker because it is a great game that always gives me pleasure.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The lazy cannot play for long. Rather, it is a game for the rational, who do not want to spend time fighting a known negative result.)))

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you are wrong. Of course, people are different, but successful players can not be lazy people. Lazy people just lie on the couch watching TV.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like in any other jobby, you're going to get your hardworkers and you are going to have your lazy people, though laziness tends to lose a lot more. Though Id have to the majority of people that tend to profit aren't lazy by any stretch of the imagination.

NOORI

NOORI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am pretty okay for OP in the sense that lazy (intelligent) people are usually to find strategies to simplify the huge work they need to achieve. For example with softwares and stuff.
That's kinda the hacker mindset.
Not sure if it is what OP meant tho.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that poker players are lazy. Every good and winning poker player invests serious amount of time and efforts till he improves his game to a high enough level to be winner. After reaching this level you also need to continue to improve constantly if you want to retain it. If somebody is lazy he can not be successful in anything including poker.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I'm lazy for playing poker :) I don't think it's laziness in the center of it but I think that it's there somewhere

A

Alpha325

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that lazy people will be losing players. Poker is a game that requires good players to use all of their brain continuously

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If all you do is play, are resaults oriented, refuse to get a job, and are drowning in gambling debt. I would say it's not about laziness, cause it takes a lot of work to do that. Granted I feel these players should have enough free time to actually find a job that pays the bills.

On the other hand, successful players put in a lot of time off the table to be as good as they are. Personally I put in about 10 hours a week studying, and play 15-25 hours a week. That in its self is a part time job. That also takes work ethic to maintain life....

So to answer your question no, poker players are not lazy.

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes and no

I think it is not recommended for lazy and impatient, I think that if you like poker it does not matter if you are lazy since you like the game regardless of what type of person you are, as long as you like to play you will play it, easy
:eek::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao:

ch1r4q

ch1r4q

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wouldn't say so. I don't think lazy people would do good at poker :D

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be any good and successful at poker takes more time and hard work than most full time jobs . Personally I'm too lazy to be successful at poker . I go to work because it's easier .

Loky13

Loky13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not if you play at 10+ tables at once :))