Player says thanks after winning a big pot

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everybody is trying to ignore. And I'm including. If you're someone's word is removed from the balance, I advise you to turn off the in-game chat. If I feel that I was starting to get angry, I always turn off the chat.

AAdobAA

AAdobAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you're never going to live poker turn off the chat, if you learn to live with it, it's part of the (dirty) game ...

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to ignore those things
Poker is a game of patience and good nerves

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Меня раздражают такие моменты, когда игрок выигрывает у меня чипы и говорит спасибо, вам просто не нужно обращать внимание на чат или блокировать чат-плеера, играть и сосредоточиться на игре, для меня это отличный момент, когда у меня есть много фишек, и у игрока очень мало фишек, и он выигрывает и говорит спасибо, что это нормально для меня, но еще один момент, когда у игрока много фишек, и он все еще выигрывает и говорит спасибо мне, что он разоряет меня, и это оскорбительно для меня!
I treat it the same as if someone who knows better posts in a language other than that required. Bad manners, yes. Ignore them or find their parents and tell them them "Good job! Mom & Dad!" Part of the appeal of online poker is not having someone whose life you want to end sit 5 feet across from you for hours.

:D :cool:

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say thanks when I win the pot with the bluff, and GG when I read somebody's bluff

R

rakspin_vr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's okay to get the other side out of the area of comfort. Such words, in some cases, can irritate your rival, and he may go into "revenge mode" ... which is not good for him.

Alkovalenko

Alkovalenko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't pay attention to what you write I opponents, all the focus is spent on studying players and games at the table

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not pay attention to such people.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it does not make sense at all to pay attention to this.

If it makes you nervous - turn off the chat.

And why should I be nervous and lose my peace because of such nonsense?

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I do this myself....
usually after someone invests a lot of chips
in a pot, re-raises me on the river and then
shows something like Ace high or even a weaker bluff...

Most of the times yo should ignore the chat box anyway...
But sometimes You can use it to your own advantage.
Some players can be influenced via the chat box...

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pay no atteniton to this hypocrytes, man. This is my advice. I never respond to insults or ridicules. Be smart!

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
This happened to me yesterday beat me and thanked me! I felt used, it was good!

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that smart people will simply ignore it :)

M

MadPanic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilted players make more mistakes. Use ALL the tools at your disposal to increase profits.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually have chat off so I dont see the needling. Its just a ploy by the person to get you upset and best left ignored.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Don't pay attention to such behaviors because they will only cause you tilt.

It is not offensive but it is very annoying and kinda childish. Just ignore those 'ironic players and try to remain concentrated to the game.

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody is trying to ignore. And I'm including. If you're someone's word is removed from the balance, I advise you to turn off the in-game chat. If I feel that I was starting to get angry, I always turn off the chat.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's rude but ignore. Mostly they are trying to tilt you.

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chat can be toxic sometimes

I try and refrain from getting involved with the chat, seems to be there mostly for toxic peoples benefit :( like another user said, if anything I just try to read the positive stuff.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"HiHiThanks" doesn't sound that offensive to me, I've seen a LOT worse. I guess you could interpret it as saying thanks for gifting me all your chips. Depending on whether you probably should have folded or not, the thanks could be justified. I'll usually say "Thanks" if someone says "nh", so, I hope that doesn't get interpreted the wrong way.

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't pay attention to it. Stick to your game.. Turn chat off, is really all you can do. Best of Luck!

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone who allows someone else to affect them with typed words should consider that they are not emotionally strong enough to play poker.

Good players are stoic, observant, deaf to insults and rocks where emotions are concerned. Any competition where people are battling for each other's money is not an arena for flowers and hearts. It is a battle, not a sewing circle.

Tilting is a weakness to be avoided at all costs. If you feel hurt, angry, insulted or just annoyed then you are not thinking about your game. Be a sniper, silent and deadly, not a target, bleeding and dead.

If this bothers you then playing poker for money IS NOT your game!

GL and God bless. :D :cool:

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a bad behavior from my point of vue.

Brahyam89

Brahyam89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it very offensive actually. If you dont have something nice to say you shouldnt say anything at all. That gesture really adds insult to injury, is very unprofessional and is obvious unsportsman-like conduct.

E

Enthusiast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It even helps with the game as professional and adequate players will not do this, and this allows you to identify unprofessional players.