Jeff Gross (Poker Pro) - Ask Me Anything!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

CardsChat Pro/Twitch Partnered Streamer
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does it seem as though there is a. Lot of discontent and personal disrespect between players in poker in recent times? Pat
I don't feel this. I think players generally have a mutual respect for one another & the grind!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats me.Thats what I need to do.But it is hard,very hard.From 10 do 100.And boom.But will try with your advices.Thanks Jeff
Awesome! Wishing you the best on your poker journey!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Forgive me if it's been answered, But how did you study, get so good at poker? Is it worth it?

Congrats on living the dream.
I study by speaking w/ other poker players & reviewing tough spots. I study the RYE masterclass when I go deep. http://bit.ly/raiseyouredge

I would say it is worth it yes. I would recommend poker as a strong hobby, not tell someone to quit their day job and pursue it full time!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's funny! I'm interested in your attitude to newcomers to poker, how do you look at them?

How much they are irritable to you, ambitious. Or vice versa interesting? How do you see them?
I love when newcomers enter poker! This is how the ecosystem must work for poker to survive. I look at them as curious & willing to take risks. They don't irritate me at all, this is a great thing! I see them as adventurous & willing to step outside of the box.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff , how many times have you gotten a Royal Flush in poker?

For me over the course of playing the last 19-20 years I have received the Royal Flush 17 times. And every time it was the greatest feeling making me a nice profit every time.
That's a lot! I am not sure but it is less than 10 times for me. I would guess around 8! I will need to start keeping track moving forward! There really is no feeling in poker like it!

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you calculate your odds on the flop when you are playing online, do you have a quick way to calculate?

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you prepare yourself to long poker session? or you just wake up and start rolling :D
I like to use primed mind or http://bit.ly/PokerMindCoach when I can! I get the blood flowing w/ some burpees/pushups/situps or a proper workout & a cool shower. I also like to eat and make sure I'm awake several hours before start playing. I don't like to wake up & roll into the tournament!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you deal with going up in levels and then being stuck at one level more than the previous ones?
Generally when playing a large cash game or larger tournament then normal I would sell some action to keep it close to what I am use to/comfortable with. That can be tricky to move up big stakes then go back to what playing normally.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a long time fan and follower of yours.

Been nice to see the fruits of your labour after so much hard work come to fruitition.
What is your most fond memory of playing poker?
thank you! My most fond memory was playing HU for a wsop bracelet in 2011; the rail for my opponent & my own was electric! Lost a big hand AJo to KTo all in pre flop to basically win it & came up short, but this memory will never go away! Was so much fun & great experience!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you calculate your odds on the flop when you are playing online, do you have a quick way to calculate?
17 years of practice! I have seen most situations & lot of the same math type situations come up so I have a good feel for the odds in the majority of spots!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a huge online player and have really only played online but curious in your opinion do you think online poker rooms make the integrity of the game better or worse?
I think they do a great job in keeping the integrity of the game high. They monitor for bots & collusion & have really advanced software. I think they make it better!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff. I wanted to ask about software. If not used, you can achieve such success. You are for or against programs that collect data from other players.
Yes I believe you do not need for success. It helps specially when playing multiple tables. I think from a game perspective it would help if advanced software was eliminated; having the BB displayed as well as some basic stats would be useful. I know several of the online sites are looking at modifying this & what is allowed in the near future.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey JEFF how i must divide my bankroll ? every time i make 40 50 $ i lose every thing in bad luck 5 min ! that makes me lose all past time making this bankroll
Hey! When you hit those marks take a break and restart! This would be a good fix for that I believe.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff, hi guys

I think my biggest flaw at poker is bankroll management. Can you provide some tips?
bankroll management is huge! I would say separate your poker bankroll and life bankroll so there is no stress or cross over and confusion. It is very important to play stakes you feel comfortable at winning & secure a sufficient amount of buy ins before moving up at the next level of stakes. Take your time! Not a rush!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At a high speed of 0.55 blinds I played only 2 hands (for some stack). The first hand I got was the K5 on the SB. There was no pre-flop raise, so I just limped. On the flop, I get an Ad-Kh-5d that gave me two bottom pairs (lucky). After the flop, I made a bet of about 55% and got 1 call. I think the turn was one of the worst cards possible, we got 10d on the Board. This meant that any JQ or any 2 diamonds were ahead. Also I'm not in my place so it was a really bad moment for me. I decided to check / call but my opponent decided to check it too (thanks for that). Then the river showed me some love, there was Kd, which completed my full house. I decided to raise the bet again as 55% and got a re-raise about 4 times my raise, at that point I felt it went all-in but I thought I had a winning combination so I went all-in. The opponent called all-in with a flash. Yes, at the beginning of the game doubled
Nice pot! nice to win a big hand at start of a session!

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats the best strategy to play KK under the gun on a 9 handed table..?
I know a lot has to do with, how aggressive or how tight the players behind are playing, and your table image, but do you have a preference on playing KK under the gun..?

Donsmak

Donsmak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Jeff greeting from Morocco!
is it really worth it to be professional poker player ?
and is it hard ? also what are negatives of being pro poker player ?
thanks and gl in ur career !

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to use primed mind or http://bit.ly/PokerMindCoach when I can! I get the blood flowing w/ some burpees/pushups/situps or a proper workout & a cool shower. I also like to eat and make sure I'm awake several hours before start playing. I don't like to wake up & roll into the tournament!
Thanks for your answer Jeff. I'm trying to change my habits as well as I discover it's never end good for me when I'm starting to roll straight away from mornings.

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, Jeff..!
Good Luck and keep on grinding on all your success..!

Y

yoshi352000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi did you know that on party poker there is no satellites to any tournament under $33. No satellites to any $22, $11, $5.50 mtt. All $1.10 to $5.50 satellites are only allowed to play more satellites to $22 to $44 and those also can't be used for MTT's they have to be for more satellites till finally $109 or $215 to use as a MTT Ticket. It's pretty ridiculous and it would be great if you could get satellites to Party for players that aren't mid/high stakes.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff. Lately I've notice that I tend to bluff more than usually, and I mean MORE. In last week that cost me some micro tournaments. How could I diminish the urge to bluff so much.