AA, direct allin and precaution.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've already lost several times of AA in my hand and giving allin, today I don't give allin, I wait for the cards on the table for me to decide what to do.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is just a pair, a strong pair, but sometimes we use it like a super pair with magical abilities! And there are coming the problems and the surprises!

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
many times I have lost with a pair of AA served, as they said well it is only a strong pair ... then we have to wait for the cards to come out xD:D

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've already lost several times of AA in my hand and giving allin, today I don't give allin, I wait for the cards on the table for me to decide what to do.

me too, but sometimes I move all-in, because AA is all-in, KK is all in QQ is all in !!! but I also wait for the cards on the table !!! it's a difficult decision to make !!! success for us!

:captain:

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most importantly, playing your aces should always be profitable. This hand has no right to be the losing hand in your base; on the contrary, it should be the most winning hand.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
several times ? How many? for sure you won 80% of the time, selective memory is sometimes complicated, we just remember the times we lost, but in a sample of at least 1000 AA played, you will see that you are winning much more than losing skyrocketing ...

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
before I thought it was everything
but now oh well let me know how much I can when everyone enters

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think if you are afraid to play with a pair of aces, then you need to find another hobby. If you, with a couple of aces, will wait for what will appear on the table, then your chances of losing only increase. I think you need to play aggressively with a pair of aces.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think if you are afraid to play with a pair of aces, then you need to find another hobby. If you, with a couple of aces, will wait for what will appear on the table, then your chances of losing only increase. I think you need to play aggressively with a pair of aces.

Precisely, black and, it is the strongest hand in poker. To start fencing the hand with caution is a mistake.

We all know aces can lose - but if you have the chance to isolate then they should be played automatically. From early position with most to act you know the 80% win rate will diminish and you need to play sensibly, but yet aggressively.

Yesterday nearing the money with a good stack, the player to my right went in all in and I held AA. It felt suspect, I went all in also. The cards flipped and he had 88. One of his 8s was a club and promptly four more clubs were dealt to the board giving him the flush. It was infuriating. In the bigger scheme, so what? His play was overly ambitious and the flush was the algorithm.

The play was correct. AA still remains the strongest hand in poker and one which I will play with confidence.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that this is too strong a hand to just go to the all Inn with! But not responding to a push with it is a big mistake ( even if we sometimes lose, but we are big favorites against any hand)!

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that occurs in this situation with you, is called variance. Negative variance (which was your case) means winning less times than expected with your AA. Playing with this monster hand requires care. It can make you profit in the short and long term. The short in this case is the shovadas (allin), as it is the biggest possible pre-flop hand. But if you don't feel safe and prefer to manage the game, the correct move is: raise 3x to 5 x the big blind (to scare away speculative hands and keep medium hands).

If there is a re-raise, you can only choose to call (but you must re-raise until allin goes). If one or more players call, an analysis of the flop must be made (because it can be good or bad for you). It would be a bad thing if a 89J or 567 appears on the flop. You will often be behind. There may also be 3 cards of the same suit on the board and you do not have a match in your hand. Both situations are bad for you. Hands that offer two ends for the villain's straight or asked for a flush, are trouble bought for an AA who, if he was not potentially aggressive, will call with a risk of total loss (some will start with the threat, but there are many stubborn ones)

You don't necessarily have to send allin pre flop with AA. But it is not 100% wrong to do it. It is not advisable to do this in the bubble (close to a tournament payout). Because it involves exit risk without having reached IMT (at the award).

Since you got this temporary trauma (will pass) from playing allin with AA, you should study correct or more guaranteed ways to play with him. I'll take a look at the forum and find something to tell you.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Variance is your enemy.
AA you have a better chance of winning.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It usually happens to lose with AA is part of the variance, I always go with everything with AA of course depending on the situation and time if it is effective or a tournament or I go to the bubble .. but in the long run there are more that you will win with AA

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Treat this starting hand like a regular one , open raise it , 3bet it but don't fall in love with it because it will cost you so much money in the long term journey of poker.
Don't slow play it like you said in your initial post , you still need to protect it. If you let 3-4 players to see a cheap flop then you are seeking for troubles.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

It's just a pair, a strong pair, but sometimes we use it as a super pair with magical abilities! And problems and surprises come!

Treat this starting hand like a normal one, open and raise, 3bet but don't fall in love with it because it will cost you so much money on the long-term journey of poker.
Don't play it slowly like you said in your initial post, you still need to protect it. If you let 3-4 players see a cheap flop, then you are looking for trouble.

In part I agree with my teammates but it is also a very good hand to play hard.

Cheers

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi jfofla, I see what you mean. Experienced some losing with AA all-in as well. For me, it depends how well I know the opponents, whether I continue going all-in with AA or slowplay and wait for the flop.

On the other hand, I experienced as well a 789 of hearts flop, with black Aces. This is not an easy spot! So how i see it: if you go all-in with AA, you might get dominated, even by stupid hands such as 35o. If you slowplay AA, you might get dominated by straights, flushes or sets.

Personally, I prefer to still go all-in, simply because - I don't want to give the opportunity to other players to hunt actively for a better hand (flush, straight). That's why i prefer to pressure them to call all-in with 0 knowledge of which cards will fall. If they dominate me with 35o - well, either luck is on their side or it is well deserved because they are very gutsy.

Cheers

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you enter a game with AA without raising, this is a big mistake.

Akinled

Akinled

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
quite give us direct pot odds but close enough with implied odds. Because I heavily doubt people will have discipline to check further action and if improving then obviously going allin. If villain happens to be bluffing we will then give that possibility

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many times I have seen that a lot of players are playing AA putting their chips all-in pre-flop, which makes me think that they don't know how to play them after the flop and are afraid of doing something else and push all the stack all-in and know that there are two options - loose/win without any tough/difficult decisions after that to be made.

AA must be played very careful. Yes, there are situations when the all-in is the best option, but these opportunities are not so many. It all depends on that if you have the ''balls'' to get chips from more and more players and that is the best option.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Precisely, black and, it is the strongest hand in poker. To start fencing the hand with caution is a mistake.

We all know aces can lose - but if you have the chance to isolate then they should be played automatically. From early position with most to act you know the 80% win rate will diminish and you need to play sensibly, but yet aggressively.

Yesterday nearing the money with a good stack, the player to my right went in all in and I held AA. It felt suspect, I went all in also. The cards flipped and he had 88. One of his 8s was a club and promptly four more clubs were dealt to the board giving him the flush. It was infuriating. In the bigger scheme, so what? His play was overly ambitious and the flush was the algorithm.

The play was correct. AA still remains the strongest hand in poker and one which I will play with confidence.

I completely agree with you.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend

I think you have to know who to hit All In Pre Flop with AA, because if you face a Recreational, he will play you with anything and he can beat you, who knows, obviously he is going to lean towards Fold.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact that you have lost with AA in some specific cases is of course sad, but that does not mean that now you have to try to play a fortune teller and guess where you will lose and where you will not.

samersv

samersv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can call against one opponent and watch the flop...but against 2 and more with pocket AA only ollin

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is especially difficult to play AA at the beginning of a tournament when several people call your raise. Therefore, I think that in standard mode it is easier to play by opening ranges, regardless of whether it is AA or AK, and so on.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
It is the most powerful hand before the flop, we must make well valued raises and play with caution!