***Official CarbonPoker Support Thread*** -- US & International Players Welcome!

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hope they are just busy and I didn't scare them off with my ewallet rant lol .
would think we have players that could answer most questions for you folks .
thinking of going back to my old freerollwhore ways too under the new circumstances . already play the cc freeroll there but never tried any others .

O

Oil_Fan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there a way to calculate how many VIP points (not cash, just points) you earn on Merge based on what stakes you play & the number of hands? I'm basically trying to figure out about how my points will accumulate for X amount of hands.

So at $10NL, how many points would playing, say, 1000 hands get you? According to Carbon it's "10 VIP points for every $1 of rake contributed to the raked pot" and fractional points are awarded too. But apparently if you have a rakeback it's 6.5 point, not 10. There must be a formula for how to figure this out, but perhaps I'm an idiot and not seeing how to make one.

Btw, I'm not trying to figure out cash from my 35% rakeback -- just the points.
I can't really answer that other than VIP points get reduced by 35% if you have rakeback. Also you can follow how much VIP points you've gotten in each game by clicking on the Options tab.

But I'm not really sure how it actually gets calculated.

M

MrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the depositing at Carbon seems to be going well for most US players. I'm still debating getting the software and I probably will soon, but I'm not planning on depositing. If anyone that's downloaded it could give me an idea of what kind of freerolls are on Carbon and their quality, I'd greatly appreciate it. Would really like to build a freeroll than deposit right now.

Also, same question goes for Lock Poker. I know nothing about that site though

Four $200 freerolls a day, paying the top 20 players. Unfortunately around 2,000 people play in each one and they take three hours to get through. Tough to cash, let alone make any decent money.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First Depositors also get 14 days of $500 first depositor freerolls, much smaller field and easier to cash in. However payouts are mostly in satty tickets except for top 3. Some of the tickets can be used for other than satellites tho, but not all. Seems to depend on the $ amount.

rowhousepd

rowhousepd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In light of black friday, having to switch to Merge, and looking for a way to fund the account, I purchased a pre-paid visa Gift Card to use for the initial deposit. What does one type in when they asked for the cardholder's name on the card? And what about the bank name? Since it is a Gift Card it doesn't have this info on it obviously. Any suggestions? Hmmm.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't want to make excuses, but we've all been SO busy in the last couple days. I'm working well past my 8 hour days myself, and Atil is doing about twice as much work as me. I'm going to try and pop in and help answer questions, but try and be patient with us. Thanks guys.

I know i know, i'm not a hater. Just gently leg-pulling.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am about to go to England so can buy an International Visa gift card - but will the funds convert to US dollars when I deposit?

I hope you get a chance to visit the North, much nicer. :)

Just played 2 sitngo's on carbon. Biggest donk's ever. WAYYYYYYY worse that FT or PS ever was

Enjoy! :)

Suggestion - would be great if the minimum transfer was $5 instead of $10!

Isn't the minimum transfer $1?

having doubts about this site......and still issues any1 have any clue how to get it to run stable in linux ,i would hate to have to switch to windows again just to play at what seems to be a dodgy site

Nothing dodgy about it at all.

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there a way to calculate how many VIP points (not cash, just points) you earn on Merge based on what stakes you play & the number of hands? I'm basically trying to figure out about how my points will accumulate for X amount of hands.

So at $10NL, how many points would playing, say, 1000 hands get you? According to Carbon it's "10 VIP points for every $1 of rake contributed to the raked pot" and fractional points are awarded too. But apparently if you have a rakeback it's 6.5 point, not 10. There must be a formula for how to figure this out, but perhaps I'm an idiot and not seeing how to make one.

Btw, I'm not trying to figure out cash from my 35% rakeback -- just the points.

It's the contributed method of calculating mgr. Only the portion of rake YOU contribute to a pot counts for your MGR. If you have rakeback you get 6.5 points for every $1 of MGR, otherwise you get 10 points.

So just multiply your contributed rake, which is your MGR, by 6.5 (or 10) and you get your points.

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the depositing at Carbon seems to be going well for most US players. I'm still debating getting the software and I probably will soon, but I'm not planning on depositing. If anyone that's downloaded it could give me an idea of what kind of freerolls are on Carbon and their quality, I'd greatly appreciate it. Would really like to build a freeroll than deposit right now.

Also, same question goes for Lock Poker. I know nothing about that site though

they have Five $200 freerolls a day, you mostly get tickets to other tournies, and a little cash.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just downloaded the Carbon software and the process was seamless. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions after exploring the site--it's good to know that you reps will be here when I do. :)

Seems I spoke too soon. Though the download was seamless on my desktop WindowsXP, I got an error message while trying to install on my laptop Windows Vista.

I emailed support at Carbon on 4-24 at 5PM or so. They responded an hour later and said they'd get back to me in 4-8 hours. Last night, 24 hours later, I wrote that I had not yet had a response. They said they'd get back to me in 4-8 hours.

At 10 pm I decided to try live chat. Got in a queue and my number came up at 11:15. I copied the details of the error and sat there patiently reading my live chat guy's numerous "Sorry for the delay.I'll be with you in a moment." messages. At 11:50 or so he came back and said he had sent my problem to tech support and they would email me. I asked how long that would take. He said up to 12 hours.

It's now almost 14 hours and still no word. Here's the error message in case anyone here can help me:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; BRI/2)

Line: 72
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://www.carbonpoker.com/js/common.php

Message: 'document.getElementById(...)' is null or not an object
Line: 82
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://www.carbonpoker.com/js/common.php

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to give some credit where it is due. I just got done talkiing to live support about some deposit questions. They were very helpful. It took about half an hour to get through the line but great support when I got there.

Lark I just read your post. I'm sorry to hear about your problem. I hope it gets resolved soon. It does sound like you can still play on your desk top computer though?

Steves22

Steves22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to give some credit where it is due. I just got done talkiing to live support about some deposit questions. They were very helpful. It took about half an hour to get through the line but great support when I got there.

Lark I just read your post. I'm sorry to hear about your problem. I hope it gets resolved soon. It does sound like you can still play on your desk top computer though?
The support over there has always been very good to me as well.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thanks! I PMed the reps about this too--hopefully that will help. I have a feeling Carbon must be totally swamped right now. And yes, thank goodness for my trusty ol' reliable XP desktop. :)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lark, have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling on your laptop? I don't know if it will help, but it's worth a try.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also it looks like you are downloading through Mozilla FF, try doing it through Chrome or IE. Good luck!

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a terrrible time with windows 7 and merge sites.

Tried compatibility mode, run as admin, updated flash, eventually it worked but I have no idea what exactly fixed it.

rowhousepd

rowhousepd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's the contributed method of calculating mgr. Only the portion of rake YOU contribute to a pot counts for your MGR. If you have rakeback you get 6.5 points for every $1 of MGR, otherwise you get 10 points.

So just multiply your contributed rake, which is your MGR, by 6.5 (or 10) and you get your points.

Thanks. That makes sense. Cool. :cool:

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you all!

Lark, have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling on your laptop? I don't know if it will help, but it's worth a try.

Thing is, I can't get it installed in the first place...

Also it looks like you are downloading through Mozilla FF, try doing it through Chrome or IE. Good luck!

Yeah, I saw that part of the message too and have no clue because I've never run Mozilla FF. As far as I know, I was using IE. What a mystery.

I had a terrrible time with windows 7 and merge sites...Tried compatibility mode, run as admin, updated flash, eventually it worked but I have no idea what exactly fixed it.

I guess I'll fiddle around a while and see what happens while I'm waiting for a response. :)

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been intently watching this thread to see if Carbon is worth trying. Judging by the lack of attention given by not just 1, but 2 Carbon reps here, plus all the customer service complaints, it looks like I'll depositing my funds elsewhere.

"Official CarbonPoker Support Thread"? Seems "Lack Of" should be in there, too.

juice561

juice561

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: customer service is great....live chat 24/7.....what more do you want?.....just way too many donks for me thats all

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I saw that part of the message too and have no clue because I've never run Mozilla FF. As far as I know, I was using IE. What a mystery.

I've installed carbon on both computers I use - always using mozilla firefox.

The laptop runs on windows 7, the other one on Windows XP :)o ) and both downloads worked perfectly - same as the site itself.

I'm not an expert by any means but you might want to try running it on FF.

Also you need to make sure that your firewall settings permit running carbon afaik.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been intently watching this thread to see if Carbon is worth trying. Judging by the lack of attention given by not just 1, but 2 Carbon reps here, plus all the customer service complaints, it looks like I'll depositing my funds elsewhere.

"Official CarbonPoker Support Thread"? Seems "Lack Of" should be in there, too.

While I understand your frustration, I do have to say the live support is really good. The software is decent. Deposit options are good given the circumstances.

I do think it would behoove the reps to check this thread since people are trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and might not get as far as installing software and trying live support without reassurances in this thread.

In their partial defense, their business has grown 62% unexpectedly in the last week. That kind of growth would strain any company's resources.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes!!! Success, finally. Thanks again, JQ, Pooffy, Charade and Graf. :)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While I understand your frustration, I do have to say the live support is really good. The software is decent. Deposit options are good given the circumstances.

I do think it would behoove the reps to check this thread since people are trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and might not get as far as installing software and trying live support without reassurances in this thread.

In their partial defense, their business has grown 62% unexpectedly in the last week. That kind of growth would strain any company's resources.
Yeah, I have to agree with you here. We have to realize that we are not the only forum these guys are answering for, and like Bill says, they must have seen a huge increase in new customers, and a mountain of inquiries not just from forums, but emails as well. I'm a stickler for good customer service, and I have worked with Atil in the past. He has always been very accomodating, prompt, and super efficient. So I'm willing to cut these guys a little slack for the time being and give them a chance to come up for some air. :p

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:cool: customer service is great....live chat 24/7.....what more do you want?.....just way too many donks for me thats all

thats what the majority of us are looking for :) I like playing with the big boys and girls but they always take my money :eek: try the cc game on Thursday , it will probably make you appreciate donks more when you re-deposit :p