Let's build some bankroll - who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
day 0 (100%) 372.81
day 1 (80%) 290.05
day 2 (72%) 270.50
day 3 (64%) 240.50
day 4 (42%) 157.78
day 5 (37%) 138.54
day 6 (40%) 150.63
day 7 (49%) 183.77

And after one of worst downswings ever I am finally starting to get my confidence back that I actually can and should be a winning player. Right now with my BR hurting and me not wanting to drop a level since I have so much data on 25 max and pretty much none on 10 max I am buying into the 25 max for 10 dollars. Well tonight I bought in for 30 dollars on tables and left those tables with 30, 17, and 16. Soon those will be much bigger since my BR will recover and I will be able to put 25 on the line but for now those numbers make me extremely happy. I am glad I can finally participate on this from a winning perspective, I dont want to look at my graph right now lol but maybe Ill put some graphs up in my next post. Now im tired time to sleep, gnite all!

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He got me to fold a str8 on the river, with a 3 to a flush on the board and a pair.
Frankly, this doesn't sound like a fold you should have made. Unless there's a 4-flush on the board or the board is tripled / paired twice, I'd virtually never fold a straight.
After all, he could have had trips, maybe a busted flush - lots of hands you have crushed.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm bad with percentages..so I'll just post dollar amounts

Day 1: Start: $112 End: 91

So far, no good. Only cause people make some odd calls at FT :p

We'll see what day 2 brings.

--

Jagsti..they seriously went all in preflop with 24d? ..wow..

GL with this dewmz, and yes he did go all in with 42 :D. But it's all good as this is exactly what you want.

Frankly, this doesn't sound like a fold you should have made. Unless there's a 4-flush on the board or the board is tripled / paired twice, I'd virtually never fold a straight.
After all, he could have had trips, maybe a busted flush - lots of hands you have crushed.

Maybe your right Chris. If I remember correctly with this hand, I cb and double barrelled, he's flat called both. I really couldn't see what I beat on the river, except a bluff. He was an unknown so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. After seeing how he played that big hand later for 200bb's then in hindsight maybe I should of called.

Dewmz

Dewmz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 2: Around $4.. now I know why it's called Full Tilt (not that I tilted it away, but talk about suckouts, and having the second best hand..ugh) Guess my last shot is a couple sng's..

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 2: Around $4.. now I know why it's called Full Tilt (not that I tilted it away, but talk about suckouts, and having the second best hand..ugh) Guess my last shot is a couple sng's..

ouch Ive been on a downswing lately but I never got down that much. What happened in one session to make you lose 90% of your BR?

Dewmz

Dewmz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
someone flopping quads vs boat

and I just bubbled out in a 90 man sng

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day7 120% ($4251)
Day8 118% ($4209)
Day9 127% ($4515)

Day10 123% ($4367)
Day11 118% ($4217)

Too many red days for me lately, just can't maintain any consistency. As per usual my 'goal' for the month statement seems to be the kiss of death. Last time I made the same statement in October when I played sng's I went on my biggest downswing since I started and lost 1/2 my roll.

Also everytime I seem to get to the $2k mark on stars, I seem unable to push on. I get a couple of hundred up past it then downswing. Very frustrating :banghead:.

Day11 - well very frustrating to to say the least, played 2 big sessions totaling 2800 hands. Don't think I was up once at all in the day, but never got much past 1 buy in down for 2500 hands then whammy dropped another 2 BI's in the last 100 hands or so. It just seemed like every bet was called, every cb called. My monster hands just didn't get paid off! I think the last 2 BI's I lost was down to pure frustration. I was sick of getting called pf, then my cb, so when I shut down I started calling to the river to look them up as cheaply as poss. They usually had the nuts :puke:. Oh well there's always tmorrow. GL.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Progress Update

Day 89: 172% ($3,442)
Day 90: 186% ($3,720)
Day 93: 184% ($3,675)

I'm playing NL400. With this bankroll, it's not for the faint of heart - or should I say not for the sane? :D

Today's highpoint was somewhere around $4,300 while the low point was - gasp - $1,800* :eek:
I need to win a few stacks so that I get a bit of a buffer..

*how can this be, you ask? I guess I didn't move down as advertised because I lost those stacks faster than I could click Sit Out.

Attachments

• ChrisTC_bankroll2.jpg
    ChrisTC_bankroll2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 107
pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chris, look at what ur doing to ur roll
u have 9 buy ins, this isnt going to last, if u can drop half ur roll in 1 seccion, u are playing way to high{ ok u did recoperate the lose but still}
try considering moving down so u will have some room for variance

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I 6-table, so I kinda need at least 6 buy-ins anyway. I wasn't playing NL400 exclusively, I was also playing NL200 on a few tables.

When I was down to $1,800, four of the tables were NL200. Through most of the day I had my entire bankroll on the tables.
I really appreciate you guys giving me advice, and I know perfectly well that this is pure insanity long-term, but see, it's not a long-term plan.

Keep in mind that all the money in my bankroll is from winnings. I have withdrawn more than my initial deposit last year, so everything I'm playing with is pure profit.
I am gambling a bit at the moment, always on the verge of having to play NL50, but I'm cool with that.

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I 6-table, so I kinda need at least 6 buy-ins anyway. I wasn't playing NL400 exclusively, I was also playing NL200 on a few tables.

When I was down to $1,800, four of the tables were NL200. Through most of the day I had my entire bankroll on the tables.
I really appreciate you guys giving me advice, and I know perfectly well that this is pure insanity long-term, but see, it's not a long-term plan.

Keep in mind that all the money in my bankroll is from winnings. I have withdrawn more than my initial deposit last year, so everything I'm playing with is pure profit.
I am gambling a bit at the moment, always on the verge of having to play NL50, but I'm cool with that.

I disagree with this logic, Chris. A dollar is a dollar. If you go to buy a shirt, the clerk will not ask you whether it comes from pure poker profit or not.

The fastest way to re-build is to not gamble.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i must say i agree with cheetah
look at it this way, u can move down to 100nl and play as much tables as u want without as much harm to ur roll
and overtime if u grind it out ull be back up to where u were

dont think of it like u are rebuilding, think of it as if ur starting over
when u had 3600 in the past u wouldnt dear play 400nl would u? why change that now? forget about ur past at the higher games and think of ur future,

how would u feel if u lose ur roll and have to deposit and play with 300$?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris you are not gambling a bit, you are gambling a lot full stop. There is no logic at all in what your doing. You are basing this not on poker ability just pure luck and the hope your in an upswing. No one can play there 'A' poker game when they have there entire BR on the table, it's almost impossible.

However it's your money and only you know whether you can afford to lose this or not. We are only trying to give you advice, but I fear you have your own motives for what your doing, and I wish you luck.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyways Chris, if nothing else you are on one hell of a rollercoaster ride, it must be fun :D. I must admit, if I ever did have some money to spare I wouldn't mind having a try at this aggressive BRM stuff!

Back to the daily update of my grind!

Day8 118% ($4209)
Day9 127% ($4515)

Day10 123% ($4367)
Day11 118% ($4217)
Day12 119% ($4233)

Day12 - Woohoo a day in the black.... $16 worth :rolleyes:. Played just on 2000 hands and upto the last 100 or so I managed a nice little profit of almost 3 BI's ($135). Unlike the previous day I made very few mistakes, and was happy with my play then the dreaded suckout and coolers arrived. 1st the suckout, I have aces and face a raise from the c/o, I re-raise and he smooth calls. Blank paired flop, I chk he pushes I call. He turns over KK and hits his K on the turn :mad: , down 120bb's. Then the cooler I have pocket 4's and raise it up, bb 3-bets I call. Hit my set on the flop, money goes all in on turn, he has QQ and also hits his set on the flop :rolleyes:.

So I lost around 2.5 BI's on those 2 hands, but I think I played ok just no luck. GL.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I haven't posted for a bit, because the experiment came to an end about 2 weeks ago. After another huge blowup, I decided I needed to save myself somewhat and I withdrew $40 (btw, I got the check from Stars in 1 week, not even 7 business days) and I cashed it with no problems.

After having done this for 115 days, the things I learned best were it takes a very big amount of patience to grind in the micro limits. More so than I apparently have. Every thing was great as I was slowly winning each day, but once I had a big drop off it's like a trigger went off in me where I had to get back to where I was and when that didn't happen, the gambling took over and it just got worse, until I had completely damaged my roll.

Now the good thing out of all of this for me personally, is that the $100 I had on there (losing $60 of it) is not going to hurt me financially in any way. And maybe sometime in the near future, I will start over and try to do this again and control my emotions.

I know how badly I feel for not being able to control them at micro levels, I can only imagine what it must feel like to drop $6,000 or so at higher levels.

112 116.37%
113 13.51% *withdrew 40%
114 15.90%
115 0.00%

*Graph is presently down*

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I haven't posted for a bit, because the experiment came to an end about 2 weeks ago. After another huge blowup, I decided I needed to save myself somewhat and I withdrew $40 (btw, I got the check from Stars in 1 week, not even 7 business days) and I cashed it with no problems.

After having done this for 115 days, the things I learned best were it takes a very big amount of patience to grind in the micro limits. More so than I apparently have. Every thing was great as I was slowly winning each day, but once I had a big drop off it's like a trigger went off in me where I had to get back to where I was and when that didn't happen, the gambling took over and it just got worse, until I had completely damaged my roll.

Now the good thing out of all of this for me personally, is that the $100 I had on there (losing $60 of it) is not going to hurt me financially in any way. And maybe sometime in the near future, I will start over and try to do this again and control my emotions.

I know how badly I feel for not being able to control them at micro levels, I can only imagine what it must feel like to drop $6,000 or so at higher levels.

112 116.37%
113 13.51% *withdrew 40%
114 15.90%
115 0.00%

Please restart it soon after you have taken a break. Most known successful poker players started like you did. Don't give up.

*Graph is presently down*

It is up now. I am sorry. I will fix the availability issue very soon.

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
day 0 (100%) 372.81
day 1 (80%) 290.05
day 2 (72%) 270.50
day 3 (64%) 240.50
day 4 (42%) 157.78
day 5 (37%) 138.54

day 6 (40%) 150.63
day 7 (51%) 191.41
day 8 (205%) 765.96

well after an awful start I am flyin high! I played in two 5 dollar MTT's (after gettin stacked 3 times at the rings) and took down one for 550$ and took 8th in the other for 55$ and I now have the largest BR I have ever had. I am now gonna step back and look at everything and decided which limits I want to play since I have never had this roll, any advice or suggestions on what limits to play in cash and tournies with my br?

Semicolonkid

Semicolonkid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't been on in several months...glad to see this thread is still active!

Unfortunately, I still don't have much to show...still trying to reach $40 through freerolls when I can, and I've gotten significantly closer, but that's all.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

day 8 (205%) 765.96

well after an awful start I am flyin high! I played in two 5 dollar MTT's (after gettin stacked 3 times at the rings) and took down one for 550$ and took 8th in the other for 55$ and I now have the largest BR I have ever had. I am now gonna step back and look at everything and decided which limits I want to play since I have never had this roll, any advice or suggestions on what limits to play in cash and tournies with my br?

Excellent stuff Hart wp.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since the graphs are back up, here is my final graph.

smd173_perc.jpg

Thanks for the words of encouragement Cheetah, I will definitely try it again, maybe in another few weeks or so. I definitely have the ability to go about 3 months before I have these blow ups, so next time I'll have to focus on not blowing up and getting past those points and not harping on always gaining every day.

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the words of encouragement Cheetah, I will definitely try it again, maybe in another few weeks or so. I definitely have the ability to go about 3 months before I have these blow ups, so next time I'll have to focus on not blowing up and getting past those points and not harping on always gaining every day.

Just an idea: What if you withdrew certain % of your winnings on say a weekly basis? That would be like your "blowup bankroll" so you can reload when you need to.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 38 lost again at $2/$4. Bankroll down so far that I have dropped back to $1/$2 starting on day 39. Doing OK there again, still making my 50 Full Tilt Points a day for the Ironman promotion and clearing the free bonus. Day 40 included gain in spite of team warm-up where I did not place.

37 105.5%
38 099.4%
39 099.8%
40 101.3%

Attachments

• PigpenNew.jpg
    PigpenNew.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 82
pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tough break pig
hopefully u can grind out the 1-2 limit and get it back up to where u were and then exceed it

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just an idea: What if you withdrew certain % of your winnings on say a weekly basis? That would be like your "blowup bankroll" so you can reload when you need to.

That's an idea, although it would mean I'd have to toil in the micro limits longer which may lead to a blow up and then having to tap into that reserve.

insolitude

insolitude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris_TC said:
I'm playing 16/12/3...

Would one of you mind explaining these numbers? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management