Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

ManuMKG7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
6 handed Zoom tournament. 87 get paid 95 remaining. We are at around 60th position .Hero(20BB) on the HiJack with QQ. Villain (25 BB) from Lojack opens to 4 BB. What to do here?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am jamming this all day long. The 4BB open raise is obviously unconventional, and probably he is not doing this with a lot of marginal hands like JTs or A4s. So I am not expecting to get a ton of folds, even though that would be awesome. But I will also discount KK-AA, since these hands should want to invite action. This oversized raise is more like him saying "get out of my way and let me win this one". I would expect to see a lot of smaller pocket pairs in his range plus hands like AK/AQ, and I am totally happy getting it in with QQ against this kind of range.

M

ManuMKG7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am jamming this all day long. The 4BB open raise is obviously unconventional, and probably he is not doing this with a lot of marginal hands like JTs or A4s. So I am not expecting to get a ton of folds, even though that would be awesome. But I will also discount KK-AA, since these hands should want to invite action. This oversized raise is more like him saying "get out of my way and let me win this one". I would expect to see a lot of smaller pocket pairs in his range plus hands like AK/AQ, and I am totally happy getting it in with QQ against this kind of range.

Thanks for the answer. Went all in preflop, Villain had AJs, got the Ace on the river. I know it was a good call equity wise, but wasn't sure whether it was right call as per ICM

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zoom, of course, is very dangerous, I absolutely do not like this game, but sometimes it is worth having fun)), but it is not right to throw away in this situation. I think it's a good decision to call and watch the flop. If the flop is very dangerous for you, easy to throw away, forget about this and stay in the game and fight for getting into the prizes)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the answer. Went all in preflop, Villain had AJs, got the Ace on the river. I know it was a good call equity wise, but wasn't sure whether it was right call as per ICM

So basically you are asking, if you should have taken a line, that allowed your opponent to play perfect rather than play poorly and get lucky. And the answer is no. We make money in poker, when our opponents play poorly, and if he is calling off as low as AJs, then jamming with QQ becomes even better.

Flat calling would not be a terrible play either. But especially if someone else comes along, you are quickly committed to the pot anyway with an SPR of somewhere between 1 and 2. What is the plan, if the board contains a K, and he make a C-bet? Are you then going to fold after having invested 20% of your stack? That give him a great bluffing opportunity with for instance his AJ.

Especially near the bubble its always better to be the player, who puts in the committing bet or raise rather than the one calling and having no way to win other than showing down the best hand at showdown. Jamming preflop is clearly profitable, and its easy, and then the outcome will just be, what it will be :)

M

Michael Novoa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All in

6 handed Zoom tournament. 87 get paid 95 remaining. We are at around 60th position .Hero(20BB) on the HiJack with QQ. Villain (25 BB) from Lojack opens to 4 BB. What to do here?

I would call all in.

M

Michael Novoa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What to do.

Call:eek: I like to risk it all

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
20bb easy shove!
if it was for 40-50bb + deep you could think about just calling or 3betting
At micro stakes i see a lot of players opening 4x with hands like KJ KQ AQ KT AJ.
Idk why, i think its because they can represent a huge hand
With 20bbs i would shove agains LJ opening even with JJ / TT

iambechertino

iambechertino

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was a good call equity wise..