Chips
no problem, just keep grinding away

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So pokertron....I played two games right after you posted the Doves track and listened to the whole CD over here and won both of my games. Guess that was a nice good luck charm. Thanks.

Last edited:
P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So pokertron....I played two games right after you posted the Doves track and listened to the whole CD over here and won both of my games. Guess that was a nice good luck charm. Thanks.

Haha cool, I think Ben posted the most apt thing to do with sngs and online poker in general for most people and that is just keep grinding away, unfortunately most of us will not get a chance to pull of a crazy bluff to become chip leader at the final table of the wsop, or become the next Blom and play a silly amount of high stakes tables at once. Your poker time should be spent pushing your boundries and in sngs that would be amount played if you want any chance of building a decent roll to move up.

In therory it will only get harder to beat each level anyway so may aswell get used to losing as well as winning.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does it matter how many you lose today? If you play well and lose 20BI in a row what's the difference from playing 4 a day over 5 days and losing 20BI in a row?

I guess because I am a nit and I want to lose the least amount possible.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha cool, I think Ben posted the most apt thing to do with sngs and online poker in general for most people and that is just keep grinding away, unfortunately most of us will not get a chance to pull of a crazy bluff to become chip leader at the final table of the WSOP, or become the next Blom and play a silly amount of high stakes tables at once. Your poker time should be spent pushing your boundries and in sngs that would be amount played if you want any chance of building a decent roll to move up.

In therory it will only get harder to beat each level anyway so may aswell get used to losing as well as winning.

Yeah I like I am going to add another table to the mix. I can handle three on my slow days usually.

As far as moving up goes. I would like to move up at some point. My next goal is to move to the $4.10 games when I hit $200, less than 20 bucks to go.

As far as going much higher than that ia m not sure cause of all the regulars (especially at O8) I might prefer to win at the micros than lose and have to start all over again anyway. Time will tell. I am not playing as a career. If my BR allows for it I will move up. I may actually mix levels when I first move up so continue to play 1.40s while throwing a 4.10 in as my third table. Again time will tell.

For today though I am glad I never did make it to three loses. I am done for the day played in 8 and cashed in 6. Will move to three tables at a time tomorrow.

Last edited:
Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess because I am a nit and I want to lose the least amount possible.

But you'll lose the same amount, just over a slightly longer period of time...

If you don't sort this attitude out you'll struggle to ever put in any sort of decent volume because you'll be too worried about losing (which will happen) to ever win anything. As long as you don't tilt when you lose all you are doing is slowing down your progress up stakes.

This isn't even a BRM strategy IMO, more a volume curtailing strategy :p

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But you'll lose the same amount, just over a slightly longer period of time...

If you don't sort this attitude out you'll struggle to ever put in any sort of decent volume because you'll be too worried about losing (which will happen) to ever win anything. As long as you don't tilt when you lose all you are doing is slowing down your progress up stakes.

This isn't even a BRM strategy IMO, more a volume curtailing strategy :p

Yeah this hits the nail on the head. The fewer games you play, the more you notice/care about swings, and in sngs you really cannot be caring about 5, 10, 20, hell even 50BI swings in some forms are standard

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stopping/continuing based on results is pretty bad. Now if you want to stop when you've made 3 bad decisions in a row (win or lose btw) fine.
^^^ This.

Even if i lose 3 games back to back, from a bad move or bad beat, i know i can beat them, and make a comeback..
Just stick to BRM and your fine.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is pretty clear I should not be using this quit after three loses method. Starting tomorrow I will play as long as I feel I am not tilting and I will add another table for volume.

Thanks all!