You would fold KK?

amilcarjt89

amilcarjt89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are in the bubble of a big tournament and before your turn there are two that go with all folderias KK being the one with the fewest chips. what would you do? :confused::confused:

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No i would not fold KK, i will go all in. You win or lose. :)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, I will act based on the size of my stack and the number of players remaining. The smaller my stack is, the more often I will go all-in with a less good card. And even more so with KK.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i raise with kk and call if one goes allin

W

White664

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very

If you are in the bubble of a big tournament and before your turn there are two that go with all folderias KK being the one with the fewest chips. what would you do?

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would rate my chip size, but overall if I was on the bubble I would be all in. I would win easily.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
To make a good and logical decision here we would need more information. without more details its not a question easily answered.

If the situation is correct is would be advisable to fold the hand here. It would be rare as heck and hard to do but I believe it could and should happen if needed.

While not the same situation I did fold pocket kings pre flop once. I knew this player well and had played with her for years. Once day she raised and I 3bet my kings knowing she would fold. She pushed all in. After a very long time I folded and she showed here aces. So why did I fold? She had never in my recollection ever 4bet and had only 3 bet aces.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the tournament is not even $500 for first I'd go for gold and go for the chips.Every time i'v folded KK they showed some good hands but not aces pre-flop,also you still will be Aces 20% of the time.I personally have zero interest in wasting a ton of time grind.Play big or don't play.That being said I'd probably auto fold if it was a big satellite MTT and it is obvious not to play any hand when I can comfortably can fold into the money.

Last edited:
YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's kind of a broad question right.

Depends... When in a tournament or a cash game?
Who I'm playing against?

I would or not depending on the situation.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you are in the bubble of a big tournament and before your turn there are two that go with all folderias KK being the one with the fewest chips. what would you do? :confused::confused:
I am not folding a chance at a triple up with KK to preserve a min-cash.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

For me it is impossible to discard KK, I consider it incredible that someone does it, it is possible that it is the last of the bubble.

B

bethqueen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on a lot more information that you didn't give.
How many of our chips, villains, tournament value, etc.
Hard to drop KK in the simple environment you brought, because as much as it is bubble, the expected future of this hand is very EV.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I will never fold it, why do I need these pennies if I can significantly increase my stack and go further

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, if the cut is 50 and I am 51 i would have to go all in. I need to be at at least 50 before folding that hand.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each blind deals significant damage to your stack. You can't waste a single chip. Each distribution brings you closer to the coveted prizes. Sometimes even a premium hand should be folded if you see one of your opponents putting all of their chips into the pot on any given hand on the next hand. Poker is a tactical game, you need to evaluate not only the hands, but also the general situation at the table. Of course, with strong hands like AA and KK, you should go all-in in any case. If you're trying to steal the blinds with a short stack, you need to have at least a decent hand to get called to have a good chance of winning.

pegasus888

pegasus888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Twice

I folded twice, one in the bubble of a big tourney and made the money :), 2nd time during a tourney to a friend I was so sure he had AA, and he showed QQ. :(

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I feel that the enemy has a clearly higher card, then of course I will throw it away.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go all-in too and not worry about someone holding aces.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With such a hand I play always and everywhere, for me such a hand is equal to aces))

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally I think I will go all-in. But if the prize that you can receive when you're in the money is very big and important to you, I think folding is acceptable.

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have folded pocket AA when there is more than 3 people all in at the same time so i would fold pocket KK has well just depends on how many people are all in at the same time.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually look on this pocket very easily. I don't trust this hand at all but in this situation that's a chance to get to high level of your stack so i probably wouldn't fold.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I seriously did just that one time! 1 place out of the money and I had KK and called another all in. I don't remember what they had but I had the stronger hand but lost one place out of the money. Tough call but I'm getting better at not beating myself up when I have a good hand and make a call when the rest of the cards just don't cooperate.

Folding in Poker