ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I don’t think I can do it but it might be possible do you think it’s possible or impossible you don’t have to bluff all the time but at least %30 of the time for me.what do you guys think??? Thank you for your comments :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, definitely. I don't usually bluff and I already won a couple of tournaments. I don't know if you can win a big tournament with a huge field without bluffing, because all tournaments I won were micro-small stakes.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe this is possible, but for this it is necessary that you are not just given good hands, but also that opponents fall into combinations that you will beat, for example, the opponent has collected a straight and you are a flush, then you will be paid, otherwise after half an hour at the table everyone will understand that you are not bluffing, I'm bluffing, this ratio should be 1 to 3, but I don't stick to it, I can more often or vice versa

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course you can. But you have to have a good map. Otherwise, you can't do without bluffing.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
If you dont even bluff one time during some tournament then there's clearly something with you (for not wanting to take chips from opponents and/or eliminate them) ...

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are running very very good in a tournament then you may find that you don't even have the opportunity to bluff - you always the winning hand!

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Yes
You can win without bluffing

Once you pick your hands right and CC bet right, you are good to go.

I personally cannot play without bluffing
That’s my strategy…

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes you can, but you have to get extremely lucky. Don't hit, bluff.

N

NoMore

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it can be, but bluffing makes a lot of difference in the game

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is a big part of the game so cant see anybody winning without doin so

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The simplest is the most ingenious, you don’t have to invent anything, everything else will be invented by others.

Reail

Reail

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that in order to win in the tournament you need to diversify your game with infrequent bluffs

NvrBlufn

NvrBlufn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sometimes you might represent hands or cards that aren't the ones you've been dealt that round... but if you're like me you can also see that is just how the game is played. You'll never bluff a day in your life after that! 😛

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sure, why not? If you can win all your hands legitimately then sure.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you won’t be able to win at all without a bluff, especially if it’s an MTT), bluffing is an integral part of the game, so during a long tournament this trick will sometimes have to be used anyway, well, unless of course they always give out premium hands and there will always be nuts on the flop, then of course bluff is not needed);)

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi all , nice comments , in my opinion i'd say it's related to your image, how often do you want to get called when you have AA KK etc ?
position at the table when you do run these plays ? it all makes a difference to your image , it's not only about winning mtt's but accumulating chips, then the question is how to do this if every time we have AA KK the rivals all fold to a raise ? so mixing in bluffs into your range is almost required in order to get paid when you have the hand .... just my 5c :) , see you at the tables

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you have to bluff to win a pot. It's just part of the game but you have to know when to do it and who to do it against. Usually if you're opponent is tight and you're in late position a well timed bluff can scoop you a big pot. Just don't do it all the time because they'll look you up eventually and you'll get caught. As for your original question I don't think I could win a tournament without occasionally bluffing because I play too tight and won't get any action when I actually do have a hand. If you bluff you're opponents will call you more often in the future so you can make them pay when you have the nuts.

T

TMann25

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don’t think I can do it but it might be possible do you think it’s possible or impossible you don’t have to bluff all the time but at least %30 of the time for me.what do you guys think??? Thank you for your comments :)
I don't bluff much the secret is getting the most out of locked or premier hands . I've noticed most newbies don't understand keeping pots small in mediocre hands an capitalizing on the nuts

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Of couse you can win without bluffing. It happen more than many realize I am sure. Many people belive bluffing is vital to winning and that is not nessarly true. Other feel all players must be bluffing. Again this is not true.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think one of you will still have to bluff when you both do not have more than one pair and someone risks bluffing and wins this hand, and if there are many such hands and you fold in each hand, then sooner or later you will not be able to play well because of the fact that your stake is already small and all this will lead you to defeat sooner or later, so in 10-15% you will have to bluff