makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No, you cannot win without bluffing, because bluffing will feel the gap when your cards are not the best. So it is a basic weapon in this game!

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
depend what you mean bluff.

There is a stage of the tournament called blind war, when you must to avoid the posflop

So most of hand will be win at preflop or on the flop.

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can’t even imagine how to play without a bluff, because a bluff also needs to be done correctly, prepared and served.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. However at the final table (and just before) you may well need to apply pressure. You can win by bluffing a lot or by not bluffing at all. Mostly you need the hands and the hands to hit.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Can you win a tournament without bluffing?

In my opinion, a player who doesn't bluff is unlikely to reach a final table.
When you don't hit anything on the flop, and you fold easily, what image are you giving villain?
Bluffing is an art, you have to tell a really good story so your opponent folds.
What you have to analyze before bluffing, how is your image at the table, who you are playing against (whether villain is very calling or not), what hit the flop, if you have the possibility to improve your post flop game.
Everything has to be well analyzed and not bluff at random.
That's why I believe that bluffing is a great weapon in poker, if you keep waiting for good hands, I find it difficult to win a tournament.
Just my opinion, I don't own the truth and I'm not better than anyone.(y)

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think I can do it but it might be possible do you think it’s possible or impossible you don’t have to bluff all the time but at least %30 of the time for me.what do you guys think??? Thank you for your comments :)
I think poker is all about bluffing. Even betting with a decent hand, you can't be sure that it is currently the strongest, except for a pair of aces, and even then only preflop, which means you are already bluffing to some extent. If you prefer to move all your chips to the center of the table 30% of the time for no good reason and without considering the structure of the board, you will not only not win the tournament, but also will not make it to the bubble.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sure but most likely you will need to get lucky and win some flips or even hands that you are 80/20 behind...

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe it can, but it may take a long time to get chipleader, because playing with cards only, statistically, we know that you will always have to wait 1 in 9 hands for rounds, increasing the need to be more patient than usual.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
those who don't bluff are losing money, you won't hit most flops and will have to C-bet bluffing to take the pot according to the board and your positional range.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I do not think so, you can not always have the winning hand so you have to bluff.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's possible to be honnest no matter how tight your range you'll find yourself in situations when you have to bluff if you only wait for made hands i think it will be very hard to win an MTT. like when you're sitting in big blind and you call a raise with a medium hand and you have a good flop you need to bluff...

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course you can! I think that it’s unusual in a MTT but in a Sit&Go it’s more probably. Bluff is part of this game 😃

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's assume you made it to the final 3, ranges are over 40%, you are opening more hands, and your opponents' range is at least 40%, how can you win without bluffing- considering that amongst yourselves there are between 20-70 BB "depending on the format"?

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Its the fun part of the game but Im seeing less bluffing,more conservative play.I play omaha 8 almost no bluffing its a card driven game

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I guess you can, but bluffing gives you better change to win more often.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But what sort of bluff? Total air? Semi bluff? Blind stealing? I don't believe you can win a tourney without doing any of that. When the blinds and antis get so big, there really is no time to sit and wait for hands to connect. How about when you get head's-up? If you don't bluff, semi bluff, you will get destroyed.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sure you can. Variance has to be on your side and you need to make a good valuebets, especially a lot of thin valuebets on proper structures.

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
But can you win tournament by showing you your hand just once? (aces of course) :unsure::D:ROFLMAO:

NDRWTRLGC

NDRWTRLGC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t think I can do it but it might be possible do you think it’s possible or impossible you don’t have to bluff all the time but at least %30 of the time for me.what do you guys think??? Thank you for your comments :)
Hi :) I think "bluffing" is an elemental part of the game and as such cannot be dispensed with. it would be the akin to asking if it would be possible to win a tournament without betting. I can see how people sometimes look down on poker based solely on this misunderstood term. in reality , we are never fully bluffing OR value betting - given that poker is a game of incomplete information. we are simply BETTING.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Hi :) I think "bluffing" is an elemental part of the game and as such cannot be dispensed with. it would be the akin to asking if it would be possible to win a tournament without betting. I can see how people sometimes look down on poker based solely on this misunderstood term. in reality , we are never fully bluffing OR value betting - given that poker is a game of incomplete information. we are simply BETTING.
Thank you for your comment I just learned something.betting is a part of the game.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
does c-betting without connecting to the flop count as bluffing in this sense ?

anyway i think it is possible . when you play tight aggressive and wait for your spots and extract the maximum value etc. you can definitely win a tournament without bluffind . but again i am asking myself if c-betting without hitting counts as bluffing . it would change some things and would make it harder to win

but for me bluffing is very important anyway

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
It will be very hard to win a Tournament without Bluffing some 10% of the hands, or at least semi bluff once in a while. :cool:

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes you can , but you need a lot of luck to get the good cards