Can you stay focused throughout the tournament?

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience plays a real important part on tournaments for sure. Sometimes is not easy to stay focused, for me playing some music helps. And doing something on the 5 minutes break, even if it's just stand up and walk around, but don't stay sit on the computer.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Playing tournaments in which we have to invest a lot of time ... whether it is more than 4 hours, it is essential to have a lot of patience ... and to keep the concentration in these long tournaments where sometimes we spend time without action is exasperating ... in my personal case in the early stages of these tournaments it is very difficult for me to have 100% of my concentration ... I think that when I am close to the bubble and within the prize-winning positions it is when I finally achieve 100% of my concentration. ..!

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I m a begginer, and i m just playing freerolls tournaments. If I wanna get some money in this kind of tournament, I need play too many hours without lose my focus. When i make some bankroll i pretend play faster games... cause many hours of poker is a realy stress.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
the closer to the final, the less I feel tired and more adrenaline and the desire to play !!!

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, if well-tuned before the tournament is to motivate yourself throughout the tournament, you can feel konfortno.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're having trouble maintaining focus, try playing tournaments with smaller fields or turbos.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's quite difficult for me, especially when playing 5+ hours tournament.
YouTube or some tv series on background help not to focus too much on one thing - maybe sounds weird but it works for me.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I particularly do not have much more patience to play tournaments too long.
My life has changed dramatically, so Poker has become a Hobby instead of a second job, so I do not keep focus as before, the game has become more pleasurable and when I lose my pleasure, I do not insist on knowing the causes or reasons for losing the game hand.
Lately I play talking to other people around me, watching something, or anything else, but I'm rarely 100% focused.
I can say that when I took Poker seriously, I was extremely focused, being able to analyze coldly sessions of 6 - 7 hours of play. But this generated a mental stress, where he was only satisfied with a good night's sleep.
Meditation helped me a lot in this situation as well as dealing with tilt.
And you, do you have any difficulty with the focus?
hi hi
yes i agree and i have that problem, FOCUS... if i get bored i start doing other things, or start watching tv or youtube, and go shopping on amazon lol
how i solved that is play more tables at same time and you must focus to keep up
also consider play smaller fields like SnGs rather than huge MTTs that take many many hours
i have also been using weed, sativa type, not in excess (gummies THC 25mg) and that sure helps a lot with my focus

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I can play tournaments for 8 to 12 hour stretches but in doing so now I like to watch my horror movies in the background. It makes the overall time playing more enjoyable. There are times when I take a few bad beats in short period of time where I tilt some and then lose my patience because that initial feeling is whats the point if im patient if this is the reward for all the disciplined playing I've done, but then you remind yourself that is the short term and in the long term playing the right way is much more profitable in poker. Anyways yeah i can relate to how you're feeling about losing your patience at times.

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hell yeah i have this issue, but if i see that my stack looks healthy and the final table is close it's regain life in the tournament, when i get tired i start to do things that i know that ain't supposed to do, next thing i see that i'm out. So i make my own pauses during the tournaments.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, my focus is definitely improving day by day. Of course this involves feeding, meditation, and other excellent habits that you develop over time

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Patience and focus are most important for tournaments, It is a skill just like other aspects of the game . You have to pay attention not just to your hand but to all opponents at the table and their actions and tendencies, and be aware enough to make the right decisions at the right times.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I always manage to keep concentration throughout the tournament. Undoubtedly, these are the effects of daily meditation. Meditation helps me to be concentrated and always have a good mood.

unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've got the same problem. 3-4 hours... and then I lose my concentration:hmmmm2: damn nerves.. it'll never be my work:p:p

J

jokkerivanapoiss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately no, I'm way too trigger happy. Good thing is I have improved in few weeks so I just have to play and learn more.

pabloT

pabloT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make sure to keep focus 100% of the time is impossible, the big players playing a table, live can even achieve this ..; x for tournaments even more bulky than the quality in each hand.

D

dreamwalker3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was so annoyed when my mistakes are just because i wasnt focus like when somebody just calls from utg with AA and he is super nit i raise with AK without even noticing his limp thinking there are only blinds and then he reshove me :)

glafef

glafef

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience is impotant and key. there's no better feeling than playing a turney for 6-7 hours ending up on final table. One of the best feelings i know.

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To stay focus on tournaments takes a lot of discipline and most important patience..!
And if you don't have any of these 2 qualities then this is not the kind of games for you, I personally think that just playing cash or sit-and-goes might be best for you. And once you feel the energy that requires to stay focus on long tournaments then you could try your best to be patience and win the money..!
Good Luck in Life and at the tables...!

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always focused, if I am no distractions.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting bored is a big issue for me, and impatience
That's why I change a game all the time and I play only that I want to, cash, stngs, tournaments, omaha, sökö, holdem, ofc etc.

When you feel bored in the tournament, just change the strategy and play very tightly and just go all in with good cards. That's my main strategy generally at the low stakes, and it works very well. I love to play short stacked, simple decisions.
There are hundreds of ways to win in poker, use just that way you want to. And never play for money, play because you love to play and improve yourself. You can't control your bankroll, you can control only how you play.

Sometimes I just play one table at the time with my right eye, and watching Family Guy with the left eye. Don't take it too seriously. The most important thing is to keep fun.
If you don't feel motivated to play, just don't play, simple. Instead, do at least something poker related. I watch a lot of poker interviews and docs of famous players. That gives me a motivation back, and of course, the best motivation is when I win. I never feel after big winning that I should quit poker playing, never.:cool:

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
today only focused on Sunday M ;)
i dont have problem to be focused ;)
gl guys

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
yes i agree and i have that problem, FOCUS... if i get bored i start doing other things, or start watching tv or youtube, and go shopping on amazon lol
how i solved that is play more tables at same time and you must focus to keep up
also consider play smaller fields like SnGs rather than huge MTTs that take many many hours
i have also been using weed, sativa type, not in excess (gummies THC 25mg) and that sure helps a lot with my focus
forgot Amazon, be focused on me :D
:rolleyes::cool:

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly do not have much more patience to play tournaments too long.
My life has changed dramatically, so Poker has become a Hobby instead of a second job, so I do not keep focus as before, the game has become more pleasurable and when I lose my pleasure, I do not insist on knowing the causes or reasons for losing the game hand.
Lately I play talking to other people around me, watching something, or anything else, but I'm rarely 100% focused.
I can say that when I took Poker seriously, I was extremely focused, being able to analyze coldly sessions of 6 - 7 hours of play. But this generated a mental stress, where he was only satisfied with a good night's sleep.
Meditation helped me a lot in this situation as well as dealing with tilt.

And you, do you have any difficulty with the focus?

I often feel like the number one thing that gets me deep in a tourney is patience and focus. I mean one tourney I ended up chopping started with 245 people and I literally didn't play a hand for over 2 hours . Just folded,folded, folded. Then like a water hose everything turned on and started hammering. I guess you just have to really want it and have the patience to implement your game plan for as long as need be to crush tournaments.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not get tired of playing several hours a day, what really makes me sad and wanting to get out is the Bad Beat, I like it when I'm in a tournament for hours because I know I'm close to ITM and this is total focus right now.