Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree with the other that is will depend on your stack size and players at the table. The one think I would say you should do is enjoy the final table. Many people I know get there and stop playing there game and stress out over every move. If you just play your game and know you have already done something great to get this far and just enjoy the moment you would have fun no mater how it ends up.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the idea is to make as less mistakes as possible, but this applies the whole tournament, not only the final table.

Flight777sem

Flight777sem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Icm pressure

It is also about your opponents. For instance, once i had medium stack and we were last 7. Biggest stack didn’t accept the deal even though he wasn't that big. All the other guys wanted really badly and even tried to convince him. However than i just started to play more agro and put pressure on other small and medium stacks . Most of them became too tight and i became one of the chip lead. Last 3 we made the icm deal and i had the lead. You can’t wait just good cards,i think the most important thing is icm pressure. Be aware of that anyway

Q

qwacc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ICM... sounds good!
the problem occurs when a player do not have enough time for long distance.
What if i play final table only once a year?
what the strategy could be...

M

mikkex99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play calmly at the final table. waiting for a good hand. especially when the big prizes ....
Yeah no point in risking a few grands with low hand in order to get BB.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two comments here caught my attention. Waiting for a good hand makes sense to me. THE OTHER i got a chuckle from but I ahve actually tried it ......... and that is to wait until some of the players at the final table beat each other up. That way I slip up the money list. Ha ha

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some rivals will strongly resist, so it is important to choose the right opponents. As always in poker, it all depends on many factors, but if there are a lot of short stacks at the table, then this is a great opportunity to put pressure on players with medium stacks who definitely don’t want to fly out before them.

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
My tactic ... wait for a good hand ..... did not let me down. I won the first place yesterday in the freeroll

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold/all-in if you have small stack
Raise/play aggressively if you're chip leader

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything depends on your stack and the cards you get.You have to follow their strategy how to play, I do not think it's good to sit and wait for good cards.​

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on tournament structure, opponents, prize structure etc.

I really like to dominate the table if my opponents are playing weakly, forcing them into spots where they have no choice but fold toss-up hands and force myself through to victory. But as opponents rarely allow this, I am versatile enough to wait and trap them if necessary while hoping some prize jumps without losing too much of my stack.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What better way to behave in a final table?

I when I can arrive at a final table play but calmly always expecting the best possible cards because any mistake you will be out of the tournament

If you are one of the big stacks then you should be putting pressure on the smaller stacks and playing a more aggressive style.

If you are on a short stack you have it easy, you go all-in or fold. Not much thought process to it except knowing which hands and in what position to shove them.

If you are a mid stack you have to consider the smaller stacks in every decision you make so that is the toughest spot to be in my opinion.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
long sit and wait for good cards like everything at the table)))

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we should be aggressive with middle cards up

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What better way to behave in a final table?

I when I can arrive at a final table play but calmly always expecting the best possible cards because any mistake you will be out of the tournament
At a final table, there is no room for mistakes and bluffs, it is expected the best cards and opportunities and not the odds for the villain always plays aggressively

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your stack sizes.
If you are low on BBs you gotta try to double up with decent enough hands.

If it's medium sized then you can play a bit more passively so you can take advantage of the higher stacked players raising and potentionally reach them.

If you are high stacked you should play semi-aggressively. You should raise playable hands as often as possible