Wow! and boy that last S&G tourney was weird..

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was 4 of us left out of 10. I was 2nd in chips. So I play my usuall style. Yet sitting there and "Watching", it came to my attention that I was playing with really tight tight tight players. No matter what cards were played on the table, they would check, check and check. Limp in with Jack, X off suit and whatever nots. Once I realized this, I started playing more aggresively then normal. Even if the flop shown an ace, unless they had a pretty good kicker they would just call. Yet I bet really big on the ace flop they would fold. I became chip leader of course. Knocking out 2 quickly based apon their style of play of course. I admit I did lose to the other on 2 all-ins. One was a bad beat but it happens and can't tell a losing story. Next just lost on the river and that also happens. The moral of the story is "Watch the table and your opponents it does pay off"

cranck

cranck

Freeroll #12 Winner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yeah, betting patterns are your friend!

Like playing position, stack attention, statistical knowledge, etc etc... :)

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good move, though its normal sit and go strategy to start off tight then loosen up when it gets short handed.

On the whole I prefer to play cash tables personally, I prefer the instant gratification of money when I win the hand.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah as I continue to play, I am slowly starting to recognize betting patterns and styles. I have also notice that I do lose to "luck" but love the idea that I am becoming a good player. So now losing to "luck" cause of playing good I don't fret anymore about. I just never saw before that 3 players were induced into the same style and betting patterns till then

max_barry

max_barry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like you changed gears at exactly the right time. if you had realised sooner howerver, that they were playing like that then maybe you would have been able to take the chip lead earlier an it would hav emeant that you would have been in a much stronger position in the later parts of the tourney which may have meant you ended up winning instead of comin scond, great change of gears and great observation thoguh, how much was the entry fee and how much did you win?

L

LIONofZION

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes if i am in a tourney with top notch players i put the gears in reverse.and play loose then tight.but im a wierdo for sure and feel i have the advantage when short stacked.