Would you fold QQ in this spot??

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it might not be the best spot to shove all in but i think its the right choice because with only 20bb left its very hard to fold a monster hand like pocket queens, and even though your hand can be dominated i think its worth the risk to shove all in and hope you are ahead in the hand. maybe in a near bubble scenario i might consider folding otherwise i would just shove in this spot.

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends..it should be very rare situations or when you know ur opponents very well that u can fold QQ preflop..in other situations just call anything or shove

B

brianthompson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The other players at the table gave enough information to let you konw they had strong hands, but the hands could have been just AK, in which case it would be a flip. I think a raise all in was the right play. If the other players bet so high that you would have had to call all in, thats when a fold is easier.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes the best thing is pay the 3-bet and see the flop. If the villain c-bet he probably has AA or KK
If you don't see another Q on flop the right thing is fold
But.... It is very difficult.

How can he 'pay the 3-bet'? (Hero has opened the betting pre... then he was 3-bet by another player which was then followed with a 4-bet. So.. 'paying (or 'calling') the 3bet doesn't exist for hero in this hand)

If the villain_ It is villain'S'. There are TWO of them.
Calling preflop in hopes of seeing another 'Q' on the flop would be terrible. Typically if calling with intentions of set-mining you don't want to be putting in more than ~7% of your chip stack (usually more along the lines of 5% but in some exceptional cases it might be as much as 9 or 10% (< rare)). Chances of flopping the set are ~12% (1 in 8).

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing on stars ,i have found that if ur holding prem/pair and you get 2-3 callers or raisers ,then look out ..someone is going to be holding a better pair
not always,but on those occasions the 2-3 players are always holding a pair that are higher
just cross ur fingers and hope for a set

another thing i have noticed is when the flop comes 9 an lower ,ur hi cards won't hold ,9 an lower tends to follow with lo cards on the turn and river

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can he 'pay the 3-bet'? (Hero has opened the betting pre... then he was 3-bet by another player which was then followed with a 4-bet. So.. 'paying (or 'calling') the 3bet doesn't exist for hero in this hand)

If the villain_ It is villain'S'. There are TWO of them.
Calling preflop in hopes of seeing another 'Q' on the flop would be terrible. Typically if calling with intentions of set-mining you don't want to be putting in more than ~7% of your chip stack (usually more along the lines of 5% but in some exceptional cases it might be as much as 9 or 10% (< rare)). Chances of flopping the set are ~12% (1 in 8).

You are probably right, I usually apply 4-bet when I have top pair, but sometimes I like to risk just pay the 3-bet then lost all my chips to AA or KK instead. If I feel that I prefer to loose 7% than goes all in against a 5-bet all in

Everything is about read your opponent in my opinion

Z

zzvictor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Seat 4 the button 9 man table. So you are UTG with QQ and min raised 2x with QQ. SB 3bets your bet almost 80% of the pot. BB 4bets against an SB who 3bet the UTG bet around 80% of the pot (easy fold with QQ by now).

You are already showing huge strength opening from the UTG so when you 5bet from UTG vs 2 players left to act, everyone would presume you have AA or KK. The BB 4bet is betting almost 40% of his entire stack vs a SB who just 3bet the UTG player.

Folding in Poker