pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I would have paid the initial bet, but seeing the flop I'm not sure about continuing with the bet, seeing the final result of that play went well at the end, I guess you followed your instinct and using the information you had from your opponent, you see that you read your opponent well, many times you have to live that moment to think what to do

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play very conservative. I would have folded long before the river:)

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on the opponent whether you make the call in this spot. If my opponent is pretty loose player and raising in late position quite frequently than I'm going to be 3 betting him preflop with AJ decent amount of the time. If your opponent is not the type of player who is going to barrel it off 3 streets with a hand like q 10, J 10, QJ, KQ type hands than I don't see how you can make this call since all you beat than are missed flush draws.

You also never know if hes really good and shows up with either pocket 7s or 8s here on the river knowing you will call down with some ace high hands.

chatocham

chatocham

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is so attempting but I wouldn't call the river too.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are really good player, I played few times against you and you busted me almost every time. In this case you had probably good read and make good decision. For me AJo is trouble hand and it will be fold on the flop, but you are not me, and I’m not so good player. I wish you the best on the tables

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I will answer like I didn't know the spoiler.
First of all I like the check call line here you followed.You have some reads on him but the actual statistics I would really like to have are how often he keeps barreling in position in every street and how often he attempts to steal and maybe the raise first in!

On the river the flush draw is busted and how likely is for him to have 4x in his range? Except for some A4,K4s,Q4s,44 you hit more often the board than him. You have more often some 9x , or some 45,44,A4 and marginally defended some K4s,Q4s.

I would have called at least flop with my two overs and most probably have folded that turn card.It seems ''brickie'' but it generates some action if you double check it.

Thanks for sharing :)

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lean towards a fold here. Check calling is ok against this type of villain on the flop and turn, so as played I think it was correct. Check raise on the turn to avoid having to make a river decision with another big bet may be a plausible option as well?

I really don't like AJ, never an easy hand to play.

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold on the river or even better fold on flop. hard spot doug

F

franknavin

Enthusiast
Silver Level