Won my first big entry ticket

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont fold 88s to a LP shove for half your chips like I did - and ended up only min-cashing - instead of placing higher - in the biggest gtd tourney I ever played.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He has already played, curious about the result, I like good stories.

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it didnt go as planned.
At beginning i played a bit tight, after an hour i loosened up a bit, i ran decently but after that it went all downhils. Simply i wasnt getting any good cards. For two and half hours i got only JJ QQ AA AA.
With first AA i managed to get some chips.
With JJ i got set on the flop but run into set of KK on river.
Second AA everyone folded to BB (me) before even rising.
Last hand QQ vs 89s ended with flush for 89.

Simply put, this was way out of my BR. People were going all in and rebuyin like 100 euros was nothing ( maybe its not for them). This felt like when i go all in on 1e buy in tourney and rebuy.
This didnt feel much diferent than playing low buy in tourney except that people were throwing 100 bucks like nothing. I played too tight because i knew i am not going to re buy if i **** up.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, it didnt go as planned.
At beginning i played a bit tight, after an hour i loosened up a bit, i ran decently but after that it went all downhils. Simply i wasnt getting any good cards. For two and half hours i got only JJ QQ AA AA.
With first AA i managed to get some chips.
With JJ i got set on the flop but run into set of KK on river.
Second AA everyone folded to BB (me) before even rising.
Last hand QQ vs 89s ended with flush for 89.

Simply put, this was way out of my BR. People were going all in and rebuyin like 100 euros was nothing ( maybe its not for them). This felt like when i go all in on 1e buy in tourney and rebuy.
This didnt feel much diferent than playing low buy in tourney except that people were throwing 100 bucks like nothing. I played too tight because i knew i am not going to re buy if i **** up.
I started with that strat of tight to loose for opponents to think im tight and respect my new gear while the bbs are going up........was great I won alot and was 2nd in the league etc...
But I find changing my range and aggression can be played better by removing the time concept of staying tight for awhile then switching
If you played opponents that were aggressive at first and they tightened as the bbs went up
and you switch to loose as the bb's went up well .......... an eagle gets the worm and you'l be paying off rocks though i do understand the rebuy and craziness of it all ruins anything

"PRO" strats is what everyone is using

What makes you better than them?

Last edited:
AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
those hands that RANDOMLY got dealt to you
ANYBODY thats played a few years would play those hands well.
Focus on how to make hands and spots NOBODY else could have done
I wanna see hands that purely outplay your opponent
Hands other players would not have gained that EV+
I wanna see you win the next Big MTT don't give up its a long hard road

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won first check my hands out
1e978f5f071588400b9240b252cee5c5.png
440bf483ebfa19a9223a0189b228cac7.png

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won my biggest ticket for 888 for $ 109, though I played unsuccessfully in this tournament, did not reach the prizes, I was knocked out when I had a flush from an ace, and there it was 3 + 2.

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
those hands that RANDOMLY got dealt to you
ANYBODY thats played a few years would play those hands well.
Focus on how to make hands and spots NOBODY else could have done
I wanna see hands that purely outplay your opponent
Hands other players would not have gained that EV+
I wanna see you win the next Big MTT don't give up its a long hard road

Nah it was a nice experience, but in general i was out of my league bc of the BR. I played decently but i couldnt afford on some hands to go all in like they do, i was expecting more serious play but i got aggressive and all in most of the time, maybe it was my table like that.

I will keep up, girnding as usuall and step by step.
Just next time when i have ticket like that and option to chose, i will chose tourney with lower prizepool, this time i had 50k 40k 25k and 15k. I took the 50k, i think it would have gone better if the prize pool was lower.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He played a good game, had a good tactic and that is what matters, these repurchase tournaments are insane, but I thought it would only be at the micro. Good luck next time.