Won 2nd place in 300 person tourney...never raising!???

D

Dertaderp23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never witnessed this happening and winning. But thats just on a personal level. Congrats on the win

JohnSmith110

JohnSmith110

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If your card dead this strategy will get beat 9/10. It all depends on the cards, if your not getting them the blinds and chasing the flop will eat you up, but if you've got the cards I say slow play appear weak and bash their skulls in every time you can!

J

Jaynore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty crazy that you lasted as long as you did....you must have been slapped with the deck...

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The book from Collin Moshman about SnG's goes into pretty good detail about stealing. He also has many. many examples. I really think it's worth a read.

Harrington does address the issue of stealing, but Collin's book has more examples and deeper explanation of what he is doing and why.

M

Metrogn0me

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done on your tourney win, but unfortunately your strategy will not work out for you most of the time. Especially if you're planning on playing real money tourney's one day. Raising PF in position gives you a distinct advantage over your opponents who limp/call, and can setup a pot for a nice stealing cbet :)

Tokeard311

Tokeard311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The book from Collin Moshman about SnG's goes into pretty good detail about stealing. He also has many. many examples. I really think it's worth a read.

Harrington does address the issue of stealing, but Collin's book has more examples and deeper explanation of what he is doing and why.

Nice! thank you for recommendation, i have been looking for a new poker book. i will def check it out.

ps thanks for honesty guys, def cannot be successful playing that way, only lucky :smile: