Winning the tournament?

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL I wouldn't get caught up in that. You should be more worried about turning a profit and keeping your profit graph at least flat or heading up.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How many times did you have to play a tournament or how long did it take to win it? but were there any such moments at all?
for 4 years of games, unfortunately, no victory (maximum 3 place in the tournament and even with a small buy-in)
I played many years without getting a place in a free-roll, most of the time I was getting my best results in single table games for play money chips, but after years of practice I started playing Live games in pubs and clubs and it was there that I started winning real money.
I remember my first cash in a free-roll on-line and even took a screen shot to show my friends that I had won the massive amount of 32 Cents, They all laughed of course but now I have more than $600 Dollars in my bankroll all built on that 32 Cents.
My Friends do show me some respect because of the fact that I managed to win several places in Hi5 tournaments, and Qualified for the Redtooth National Finals once, when I finished in 2nd place in the Regional Finals a task that requires you to finish in the top 4 in your League games then finish in the top 20 at the Regionals, (150-180 players) to qualify for the Nationals (160+) so that is quite an achievement if I say so myself.
The one thing that kept me going is the fact that Poker is a skill that takes a long time to master and someone once told me it is like running a marathon you cannot hope to win at a Sprint pace. Even Doyle Brunson says that after playing for over 60 years he is still learning new things.

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I don't even remember when I won the tournament in 1st place 😅