Why are turbo's more popular than regs???

T

terryg642

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo's are action packed for the rest of us donks who love the rush of poker.If your an action junkie, like myself, why play in a regular tourney when you can play in a turbo or super turbo.Just my opinion, but even if your a deepstack tourney player you should play in a few of these to help your short stack play.

I

IWontDominate

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the reason is simple-faster tournaments=more tournaments.It also means that you get more from rakeback.Your hourly should be higher too.So if you are planning to play as a pro/grind a lot,go for turbos.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah trying to get the same volume with reg's is a bit of a pain. It means multitabling far more than I'm comfortable with. The rakeback is actually more with the reg's but you can make more in volume with the turbo's. How do you guys feel about triple ups vs regular sng's?

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obiously trying to earn money faster, but I can that it has less to do with real poker. It becomes more of a gamble. I don't like turbo's either and rarely play them. I really hate it that pokerstars put all their live poker sats in turbo or hyper turbo format :(

nsinalis11

nsinalis11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You better play regular sngs and stay there, the players playing turbo are more agressive more bluffers and you have less posibilities to win the game.
Stay at the game you like and learned to play is my advise for you.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
game is faster at turbo and you can play more tournaments

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obiously trying to earn money faster, but I can that it has less to do with real poker. It becomes more of a gamble. I don't like turbo's either and rarely play them. I really hate it that pokerstars put all their live poker sats in turbo or hyper turbo format :(
That sucks.. I don't mind turbos so much but it's nice to have options right? At least you can play on pokerstars ;)

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed, stealing is key. Since everyone knows this the blinds are defending themselves with sometimes weak hands at the stakes I play. Which does make things pretty chaotic but most of them tighten up around the bubble. Do you think that's a good move to make it into the money? Or is it a better move to take advantage of the tight table around the bubble?
I don`t know...I always lost on final tables with the same jokes, for example, if I'm short with chips, I push all in on something like K,K ...and get myself out because of that move... because chip-leaders will call everything even with hands like 2,7 ...and they will win in 50% of situations :rolleyes:

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This makes the taste of what to play, who played the cach closer to them will be reg speed.. Many play turbo, that there was an opportunity to play more tournaments and variance was not as high..
For the news players better regspeed because where there is the best opportunity to realize an advantage over an opponent...

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don`t know...I always lost on final tables with the same jokes, for example, if I'm short with chips, I push all in on something like K,K ...and get myself out because of that move... because chip-leaders will call everything even with hands like 2,7 ...and they will win in 50% of situations :rolleyes:
It happens! Yesterday i bubbled twice once holding AAvs88 the other KKvsA3. That's one of the benefits of playing turbo's, you can play more games. Playing more games helps reduce variance..

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all about the clock.

I prefer Turbo MTTS co i have no patience :eek:

T

Tgen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbos are much more enjoyable because they are fast , non turbo stts are really annoying when you reach the bubble.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbos are much more enjoyable because they are fast , non turbo stts are really annoying when you reach the bubble.
This is soo true sometimes. I was in one last night where the bubble lasted over 30 minutes :mad:

madsquirrel

madsquirrel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You get through them QUICK , if its a decent guarantee I like the turbos, but if its like 8k or more I like the non turbos . but its a catch 22 though because I HATE long drawn out tournaments but at the same time I want enough time to build that stack up

A

Aslama01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some gambling addicts. Some adjust to that game better. Some don't have much time. Either way more rake is taken so there is that.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've gotten used to playing turbos again. I think the gambliness I was noticing before was due more to the low stakes I was playing. I hadn't played them before because I didn't apply BRM to my play. I've moved up in stakes though, so I'll see how it goes and if it's any different.

Slawa1986

Slawa1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo tournaments are really lucky to ! If you play on a particular strategy and walks into a bank with only strong cards , then you need a lot of luck to get to the final table ! I myself like to tournaments with big stacks and long levels !

G

gqr31ff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo sets a fast pace of the game and helps to test your skills because time is very small.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I thinks thats a problem with perception. I dont think turbos set a fast pace, but i watch players acting like it does and play very spwey early. It just keeps stacks shallow and ome needs to have a solid grasp of push\fold and equity. I bide my time im turbos and watch so many players bust unnecessarily because they "play fast" when its really not waranted.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thinks thats a problem with perception. I dont think turbos set a fast pace, but i watch players acting like it does and play very spwey early. It just keeps stacks shallow and ome needs to have a solid grasp of push\fold and equity. I bide my time im turbos and watch so many players bust unnecessarily because they "play fast" when its really not waranted.

Agreed! I play like the mayor of nittsburg for the first 2 or 3 levels of turbo SnGs and right now I'm maintaining a 20% ROI...

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo's are more popular I think because it takes the guess work out of playing, and you can pick your spots better, and then you can play more aggressively. Bully the tighter players... I am a huge fan of the turbo's.. You can play alot more in a period of time.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed! I play like the mayor of nittsburg for the first 2 or 3 levels of turbo SnGs and right now I'm maintaining a 20% ROI...
This makes sense and is probably the most profitable way to play early on being that most everyone is do darn tight but I haven't gotten the hang of it. I keep it pretty tight early on. I'll make some questionable limps in position or from the small blind when it's cheap to see cards tho..

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
making better rake back + knowing push\fold better as other players, wich gives us plus EV

L

Lekoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the biggest reason is volume and chasing the VIP club and the leaderboards. Some people dont have the required patience to play the regular speed ones, and some dont have the skills to play them either (they think that they have better chance to get in the money when everyone is forced to flip).