Why is playing pocket Aces safe bad...

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree with you. I'll tell my story about how I play AA. Previously, I almost always played AA limps, both in live poker and in online poker. In live poker, there were almost always those who raised after me, and then I turned all-in, and thanks to this I doubled my stack. In online poker, instead of winning 80% of the hands as it should be according to statistics, I won 40% -50% of the hands, because I was limping. After I started raising 3BB or more preflop, I started to win 80% of the hands. Of course, there is a risk that after your raise everyone will fold and no one will call, but you will rarely lose on aces. The same goes for KK.
Very interesting difference between live and on-line.
But ... is live vs on-line the difference, or are the players on-line more calling/limping than raising. Any ideas?

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA all in and everybody folds, you win 1.5 BB!!! Nice move? Yesterday I limped one time, got a raise-re-raise and I called !!! Flop came and I didn't have to watch. I checked, all in-all in- I called ;) Nice pot ;)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at the situation on the table when AA comes to me, but mostly I play them aggressively or make big raises so that I have more chances to win and there were fewer players in the hand, but it all depends on the bet in the tournament when the late stage of the tournament and the big bet is I'm playing all-in!

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My dear friends, I kicked the AA before the flop (CardChat freeroll) on the pot, I half-half equalized, and on the flop I raised the bet on everything. Everything would be fine, but again, everyone supported me in the bet (besides, this is the beginning of the tournament - the stacks are all the same). I do not remember the exact combination, but I lost, so I do not advise you to play too aggressively. Because you never guess what your rivals are in the head, even if some of them are very loose, it's not worth the risk. See Nats - Attack!

S

SeriousBizzness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket aces

ive noticed that when you slow play pocket aces it comnes back to bite you in the rear. but just because you have pocket aces doesnt mean that you are guaranteed to win.

S

SeriousBizzness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in with aces

if you go all in with aces every t5ime you wont win them all. however, aa is a great hand to play. just hope that the flop doesnt hurt you.

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't limp AA but only go all in with less than 15bb otherwise its my standard raise size generally 2 or 2.5x depending on where we are in the tournament.

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with a hand like AA, you have to play very aggressively pre-flop, this excludes from the game other players with garbage, after the flop play depending on it

theman2017

theman2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just shove all in with aces. You will get one caller

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like this thread is packed full of people who are afraid to play postflop with a huge advantage. You are starting out with the best possible hand, just don't fall in love with it.

Treat AA like any other hand people, make your standard raise (your raise size should be exactly the same no matter what hand you decide to play so no one can recognize and take advantage of your sizing change). If the board comes out bad play pot control and try to get to showdown cheaply unless you improve. If it gets too expensive or stays multiway then you are likely beat if you haven't improved by the river.

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Than you slow play them you can hurt cause they play best pre flop not post flop.

Keenlight

Keenlight

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may limp with AA if its early in the game and i am in early position. Also i believe it is silly to go all in pre flop unless you ar a hugh chip leader on your table. When it gets late in the game or near the bubble and you not committing your entire stack then yes going all in with AA is usually a great play as stealing blinds is then worth the risk but even then you gotta watch your position.Now this is totally different if you in a re-buy tournament or in a cash game where you should play more loose.

specialjuice

specialjuice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you when you have AA you have to play agressive:mad:

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you call many players call too, this hand is premium but against many players someone can hit something.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With all monster hands is better to go all in preflop if you can and if you know your oponents are going to pay.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA the best hand, but it often seems that the advantage is given to a poor hand. And when you have AA you're trying to decide how will be the most safe to play it in this moment. Even very strong players very hard to lose your AA. This is its main and the only negative.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played AA so many ways and I would 100% agree with you:0) You should go all in or raise a pretty decent amount. Plus I hate it when someone limps in with AA with me and catches me off guard;0)

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greatest pocket hand you can have, AA. I have seen it played wrong so many times. Depends on a tournament you re playing, but pocket AA should almost always be played all in. In some case its also good to raise 4,5 big blinds and see if someone will call. But worst thing you can do is just call blind. Id you do that you are letting players call and enter the hand with cards like 76 910 j9 even 83 if they are already big blind. And when on the flop are only small cards, you start raising, but you dont consider someone having two pairs,or straight. You will win like this 70% of time, but when you lose like that, you will lose a lot thinking you have the best cards. Play your AA aggressive and only like that.

I dunno I only play AA super aggressive if im in front if im in back I like to use it to trap people put in 5-6 BBs then sit back and call bets.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA all-in pre hope for fish

Greatest pocket hand you can have, AA. I have seen it played wrong so many times. Depends on a tournament you re playing, but pocket AA should almost always be played all in. In some case its also good to raise 4,5 big blinds and see if someone will call. But worst thing you can do is just call blind. Id you do that you are letting players call and enter the hand with cards like 76 910 j9 even 83 if they are already big blind. And when on the flop are only small cards, you start raising, but you dont consider someone having two pairs,or straight. You will win like this 70% of time, but when you lose like that, you will lose a lot thinking you have the best cards. Play your AA aggressive and only like that.

When you are playing in bingo games where someone will always call, AA All-in 100% of the time is correct. As you move up limits and begin to play vs opponents who are thinking they will be folding way more often and you will be losing value with AA.

Thinking players will also know when you make normal raise sizes that AA KK are not in your range.

Most importantly do not wait until you move up to learn post flop skills and practice them in real situations. You bankroll will suffer for it.

AA loses- the reason it is painful is not that it should not lose but we invest emotional expectations in the hand. If you want to improve your overall skill level as the song says
"do not count your money when you are sitting at the table"

;)

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple of days back it happened at 888 poker in snap cash games. I was holding AA. The player on my left raised and i re-raised. Then another player to my right went all-in. At the end we are all-in.
When cards were disclosed i was quite happy to see that both of them are holding KK. I have every reason to think that i am going to have the pot. But community cards are going the other way. Flop shows three cards of spade and then on turn another spade appeared and i was down as i don't have Ace of spade.
How will you describe this? It was painful but it is also true that poker is a strange game and can produce strange results in strange situations.

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anytime I try and take it slow with AA it ends up coming back and biting me on the cheek via flop or turn. Usually ending up dead by turn if anything, makes me lean more towards being aggressive pre flop and trying to get it all in pre flop instead.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on the table. If you got yourself a passive bunch you might aswell play it aggressively and see if you can get a call. However if there are players on the table known for doing a lot of pre-flop raises you can and should play this hand by just calling or raising a small amount. Trapping your opponent has more value then just taking the pot with a high raise pre-flop.

P

Pete Ski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the hand that will make you the most money but it can also result in some in some of the largest lost pots. One should be cautious after the flop if you don't improve as you now only hold an over pair. Ideally you can get heads up preflop, as the number of opponents increases so does the chance that you will be out flopped. unimproved post flop I don't have a problem folding or going into check call mode when out of position and facing aggression.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree there I had busted so many times with AA by slow playing them so now I always doing raise of 6 - 10 BB or reraise

Safe Poker Sites