Who's The Dumb Ass? ME

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wanted to share what happened to me last night and it's sure not leaving the thing I should use more often. But sometimes things happen at the poker tables and I don't think, I just do it. I call that out of control of self. Well I had one of these happen to me last night.

First of all, I have two of the most dumb ass things that concerns poker. One was that I started playing in the first place. LOL NOT. I enjoy playing. Two is by far the The Dumbest Stinking Ass Thing I've Ever Done Playing Poker.

Up front I not getting into the into any deep shit/ This is as a story. So please don't take me into the deep waters of poker. Really it's to get some dumb shit you have done at those CRAZY TABLES.

To start, I figured that I had 3 buy ins for a $500 GTD, so I went for it. I rebuy to start with and going to make the add on if I made it to the break. It was a shitty first hour. I fold fold fold, And all I could is keep telling myself that the cards would. I did catch a few hands in that hour, but they just kept me afloat. I had just a little over my starting stack and rebuy at the break
And I'm like WOW I made the break and going to add 5000 chips. Well guess what? The buy in was $1.65 and when I clicked add on it showed $1.64. I about fell out my chair. WTF am I going to do.

Well I thought a few minutes, and I said that I could make it with what I had. You might not believe it, but my first hand after the break, I doubled up and it started coming. Just one hand here and there, but my stack was getting taller, and then I caught 99 in MP, There was a 3bet, a call, another 3 bet, and another call before me. I could not do anything but move all in. I had about 10,000 chips, and I said these 9s are good, so I shove, and ever player calls, and I hit 9s full of As.

I had a stack of 6o,000, and a few hands latter I catch KJs on the button. Post flop it was about like the hand I won big. A 3b, caller, caller 3bet and I just call. The flop comes, 5s Jd 6s. First player 3 bets, caller, caller, All IN and I have top pair but I know it's no good So there was no control and I call and lose to AJ. We were close to the bubble, winner takes $300, 20th place $12. So this dumb ass walks away with nothing because of not thinking before I made my move, and I'm real sure I would have folded the hand.

So that's it. LIKE THE END

I

illind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that if you can find a way to slow it down, you are less likely to make these mistakes. In live games this is less likely to happen just because of the vibe of the table. I've had the same problem but if I take a few extra seconds and maybe a breath or two before I make my decision, I find that it's always the better one!

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ya if your'e at the bubble its easy to shove hands cause most will fold till the bubble breaks but i have seen ,myself included fall to the avantages of holding the most chips , break the bubble ,then go for it

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you guys. I'm glad I wrote it down. I had almost forgot about it, until I seen this. GL to you all

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Things aren't the same without FF!

M

mex4el

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freeroll, I would have played so much, and there I do not even know, but I think you're right ...

xkenjix

xkenjix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive been there when i was like .10 short of rebuy/add-on/re-entry. it sucks